PDA

View Full Version : Kandy painting Emperor's Sisters

Kandra
16-02-2006, 14:05
GothCon XXX[1] is during the easter weekend (April 14-16), and claims to have the biggest 40k tournament in Sweden. Some of the best players in the country will attend and I'm hoping to have my new army finished by then.

After having played Tau as well as marines, I've decided to come clean and follow my true calling, even though it's a bit of a cliche. I'm doing Slaanesh Sisters.

Of course, there's only two months to go and I haven't even started with the army yet. Then again, I'm not one to shy away from challenges. I did build a 1500 points Space Marine army in one and a half week after all. :)

The color scheme is, of course, pink. I'm starting out with liche purple, working myself up to warlock purple, then carefully blending up to warlock purple/tentacle pink, with tentacle pink/white highlights. For details, I'll try nmm gold or silver.

I haven't decided on the final composition of the army yet, but they need to also be playable as witchhunters, without having to remove or replace too many of the models.

Essentually though, what I have committed to the army so far are:

Daemon Prince (Model unassembled)
Chaos lieutenant (Need to purchase)
6 bikers (Need to purchase)
18-24 troops (sisters) (Models unassembled/unpainted)
12-18 troops (daemonettes/repentias) (Models unassembled/unpainted)
Chaos Vehicle (Rhino/Predator) (Model unassembled)
Chaos Defiler (Model converted, unpainted)

The daemon prince is a female wulfen from the Confrontation line. This model will need to be converted before I can use it. I'll also need to build a chaos lieutenant which might have daemonic flight, in which case I'll likely use Celestine, or a CSM bike.

A group of six CSM bikers will be converted from dark eldar jetbikes, daemonettes and battle sisters. I think I'll drop or at least delay my earlier plan, which called for bitz from Eldar Vypers, Dark Eldar Jetbikes, Chaos Bikes, Daemonettes AND battlesisters, as well as sonic weapons, at an estimated cost of over $60 per bike.

Troopwise, I'll use daemonette and battle sister parts, possibly with bitz from other ranges (dark eldar wytches, wood elves or howling banshees are a possibility).

For daemonettes, I'll use a mix of regular daemonettes and Repentias - I got a bunch of the exhibitionist girls for cheap and why shouldn't I use them?

For vehicles, I'll convert a Chaos Rhino and/or predator. I haven't quite decided on which I should go for, but it'll be one of them for sure. The hull will be adorned by a mass of daemonette-faces, to represent the mutated hull status. I'll also get a Chaos Defiler from my boyfriend. This vehicle is beautifully converted, and just screams of daemonic possession.

So, two months to go, a huge number of conversions and big painting ambitions. Think I'll make it? Well, keep looking and you'll find out. :D

[1] It's the thirtieth con in the city of Gothenburg, not some kind of emo-orgy. ;)

cerealkiller195
16-02-2006, 18:38
nice can't wait to see it. dont worry about being cliche alot of players tend to go the same route. its how you pull it all off that really counts.

BaronDG
16-02-2006, 20:02
Are you planning on doing both the cloth and the armour in pink?

Kandra
17-02-2006, 13:43
Are you planning on doing both the cloth and the armour in pink?

Actually, that is an interesting question. I'm not quite sure, to be honest. I'll need to think about it.

And, my painting schedule might get a bit disrupted, because I just got a new job which will take away a lot of my 40k-time. :)

speedygogo
18-02-2006, 00:55
Can't wait to see some pics of your ambitious project.