PDA

View Full Version : Just read my new WOC Book...OMG :P

JayC707
16-04-2010, 20:29
Well, I just finished reading my WOC book after being totally intrigued and interested in wanting to start a 2nd army (I play HE). I am totally stoked! The fluff in the book was a lot of fun to read, really dark and brutal. The army seems totally legit, able to hold it's own and let's be honest - it has ALOT of options. Tons of lords/heroes (some without models :() and a lot of different ways to build your army with human, troll, giant and dragon races under all of the different gods/marks.

Man I am really excited about this one...

Woodsman
16-04-2010, 20:32
Great! Enjoy. Put the fluff into a list, a nice fluffy list!

Valaraukar
16-04-2010, 20:34
Yeah don't listen to anyone telling you there is only one way to play them and avoid the army list forum like the plague and you'll continue to be as enthusiastic about them!

Nunnja
16-04-2010, 20:55
KHORNE! KHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORNE!!!

Just a gentle suggestion... :p

baphomael
16-04-2010, 21:09
KHORNE! KHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORNE!!!

Just a gentle suggestion... :p

Pfft, khorne? Go with slaanesh; sex, drugs and rock 'n roll. Only with more tentacles. Not only can you make your enemies dance like puppets, but you just look good doing it. Sigvald, for example, is so cool he gets bored with the battle and checks out how awesome he is in the mirror :p

Slaanesh is clearly the most awesome chaos god. In 40k, his dudes are so rock 'n roll they have guitar guns. Guitar guns they wail on so hard people's faced melt. Sadly, there are no options for guitar guns in the WoC armybook, but still!

PeG
16-04-2010, 21:22
I play them as well and as you say there are several different army lists although the majority of them builds on hitting the enemy as fast and hard as possible. Nothing wrong with that. I am currently thinking about building an army with lots of trolls, a couple of warshrines and a few dogs.

spetswalshe
16-04-2010, 21:24
Balk at killing children and Khorne will strike you down, and Slaanesh will get bored of you sooner or later. But Papa Nurgle will always love you. He'll always give you a second chance; he'll pat you on the back when you succeed and gently help you back to your feet when you fall down. Everything is decaying - the only truth is entropy. Nurgle gives you the strength to see out your days with a smile - and when you're old and sagging (when Slaanesh would kick you out or Khorne would have you killed) he'll give you an easy job recording pustules in a nice, warm, damp corner somewhere. Don't spend your life desperately running away from despair, embrace it! Dance in the embers of the world! Choose Nurgle!

edit; bah! the chain is broken! quick, someone try and convert him to Tzeentch! Then someone lure him to Chaos Undivided... then let the Shadowlord and Malal have a look in.

O&G'sRule
16-04-2010, 22:00
WoC do have a great selection of builds, some are really hung up on the lack of shooting (that they always had), but you can do so much with the new book. If all you're used to is HE's, I'm not surprised you enjoyed reading the fluff

Valtiel
16-04-2010, 22:48
For fluffy armies you can really do a lot with the army. You've got solid Marauders, Marauder Horsement, Hounds, Warriors, Knights, Ogres, Trolls, Dragon Ogres, Hellcannons, Spawns and a lot of interesting characters (even special characters). While not everything is totally competative it has several choices for you, and you can make a very varied army. Plus, whatever army you choose to play I always feel you can build on to it. I will never end my Chaos army.:D

shredshredxx
16-04-2010, 22:57
no matter what god you THINK you're following, you're serving tzeentch in the end, whether you like it or not.

he's tricksy like that.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit

Gaargod
16-04-2010, 23:01
Go for Malal (or Falal for those of the =L=).

Accept no substitutes - Malal is the only true Chaos god. He's the chaos god of anti-chaos :)

He rewards his champions with great power, even though there's not a lot of them. Plus, black and white is a cool colour scheme.
http://www.freewebs.com/malal-lives/thelostgod.htm

mrtn
17-04-2010, 00:30
Joining the dissonant Hellishly Choir I'd say that you don't have to decide on one god, you can be Undecided/Undivided. :)

TheZombieSquig
17-04-2010, 04:12
Embrace Nurgle and all will be well! You can welcome other gods' champions into the army as well, the plaguefather doesn't mind, for he knows they will all decay and eventually be his anyway.

Maoriboy007
17-04-2010, 06:58
Slaanesh is clearly the most awesome chaos god. In 40k, his dudes are so rock 'n roll they have guitar guns. Guitar guns they wail on so hard people's faced melt. Sadly, there are no options for guitar guns in the WoC armybook, but still!

Someone played Brutal Legend :)

Malice&Mizery
17-04-2010, 07:49

The old Emperor's Children models sported guitar guns aswell :)

Leogun_91
17-04-2010, 08:49
Join the Dark Master, Belakor will rise again and he will reward those that served him and made his ascension to god possible. Join he who corrupted the true, he who despoiled mordheim, first of the deamon princes last of the gods.

baphomael
17-04-2010, 13:52

That game seriously tempted me to make a glam metal daemon prince with hair so big he uses it for wings.

The old Emperor's Children models sported guitar guns aswell :)

And a leopard print paint scheme :D

Roark
20-04-2010, 13:42
The Changer of Ways owns your soul whether you know it or not. He manipulates the infinite delta streams of the universe like a master weaver and, in the end, all is Change, and everything descends into the entropy that serves only to strengthen the great Lord Tzeentch. Glory unto Him!

Lord Malorne
20-04-2010, 13:44
I collect Slaanesh, but not for the drugs or rock and roll :)

Memnos
20-04-2010, 13:49
Go with a Throgg Troll list! Your job is to go out, act stupid, eat a lot and then throw up.

I suppose that's also what Slaanesh does, too, but Throgg has the advantage of being a Troll!

Valaraukar
20-04-2010, 13:50

The boobsnakes?

sliganian
20-04-2010, 13:50

Remind me to never touch your models or ask what you used as a gloss varnish.... :p

baphomael
20-04-2010, 13:59
Remind me to never touch your models or ask what you used as a gloss varnish.... :p

Interestingly enough, I met a dude who used his own blood to paint a khorne symbol on one of his banners.

I hope he never considers a Slaanesh army.

shredshredxx
20-04-2010, 16:26
Interestingly enough, I met a dude who used his own blood to paint a khorne symbol on one of his banners.

holy ****.

WAAC has reached a new level of ridiculous when people are resorting to blood sacrifices to dark gods in the name of victory.

LordoftheBrassThrone
26-04-2010, 06:58
Khorne rules, for every time you fight against him, even if you slaughter his soldiers without loss, you have made Khorne stronger for every drop of blood you have spilt.

Blood for the Blood God!!!
Our or theirs, meh he doesn't really care :D

ChaosVC
26-04-2010, 09:09
The last time someone said Khorn warriors are pussies with sissy looking axe...they are spot on... and they scream like little girls when they get shot to pieces. Don't believe me? Ask Tzeentch.

Odin
26-04-2010, 11:29
Man I am really excited about this one...

Don't worry, that will pass.

Lord Malorne
26-04-2010, 12:03
... then come back every so often. So much fun :)

kramplarv
26-04-2010, 12:13
I want your skull, i neeeeeed your skull!!!! BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

BigbyWolf
26-04-2010, 12:36
I want your skull, i neeeeeed your skull!!!! BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

*checks kramplarv's medication bottle...it's empty...*

kramplarv
26-04-2010, 12:43
We are the misfits, and we did this before! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-7pTQx6d3U

Fruhauf
26-04-2010, 12:49
Follow Archaon! :)

Leth Shyish'phak
26-04-2010, 17:15

I hope he never considers a Slaanesh army.

holy ****.

WAAC has reached a new level of ridiculous when people are resorting to blood sacrifices to dark gods in the name of victory.

Maybe he just had a nose bleed at the painting table and decided to make the best out of the situation.

Jericho
26-04-2010, 18:31
If you make a point of keeping your lists fun and interesting you should be okay ... the one-dimensional lists are incredibly boring to use sadly.

So even though those shiny new Knights are like $20 a box or whatever, you can put half of them back on the shelf and still be a happy little camper :D Moderate cavalry, moderate magic, etc. And feel free to mix it up a little, for example I'm thinking of adding a big fat unit of Stupid Trolls into my list because they'll be wicked fun to paint and it'll be deliciously fun watching them sit around and scratch their asses when I need them most.

BigbyWolf
26-04-2010, 18:53
We are the misfits, and we did this before! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-7pTQx6d3U

Aaaah, the Misfits...how to condense good music into tracks less that 2 minutes long!