PDA

View Full Version : So what's the schedule look like?

Bathawk
16-04-2010, 22:12
Maybe I'm still a bit too new to Warhammer FB/40k. But I'm under the impression that we get new releases probably once a month

that being said I think in May we get Orcs & Goblins, June is Spearhead, July and august is the FB 8th ediion and the Skaven vs. High elves box set,

and maybe september is either Inquisition or Dark Eldar?

Am I off? corrections would be appreciated (though I would like to see a chaos daemons or tyannids second wave in there)

grissom2006
17-04-2010, 07:10
GW has a complete lock down on what they are doing. They tightly control the information so we only know what they tell us as and when they do so.

Simo429
17-04-2010, 07:19
i dream of a second space wolves release before the end of the year but who knows

at warhammer world they have a massive waiting list for one to one sessions on converting canis into a thunderwolf rider so i suppose when a squad of those will cost near on 150 sheets they arent going to be rushing to bring out plastic kits

dragonet111
17-04-2010, 11:23
For 40k the next release is SpearHead, and concerning codex I hope the next in line is Dark Eldars, there is a lot of rumors but it's not really new, DE is one of the most wanted army.

NeoMonolith
17-04-2010, 11:31
Assume something 'risky' scheduled for june/july.
Inquisition or dark eldar seem the most likely.

The Marshel
17-04-2010, 12:10
okay, lets see
may - orcs and golbins/ wotr battle host
june - spearhead, though this is only a few new tanks and a internet/WD expansion. That said, if there was anything else attached to this we'd know by now.
july: -8th ed
August - likely for new warhammer starter set
September - highly likely to be a 40k codex, simply to break up the fantasy releases. IIRC between 5th ed 40k and AOBR, the dark elf army book was released. likely either dark eldar or some form of the inquisition
October - Possibly tomb kings, apparently due for a book
November - also possibly tomb kings
December- unlikely to be any major releases. probably a few little things to see out the year.

its hard to predict exactly when, but for the most part you can work out what should pop up throughout the rest of the year.

We have 8 months to kill. we know 8th ed fantasy and a starter set is coming, so thats 2 down. we know that December isn't likely to have any real major releases, so thats another gone. we know that lotr battle host is next month along with the Orcs and Goblins book. so thats down to 4 months to fill.

spearhead in June, so that puts us on 3. given that june is the half way point, despite this being a "fantasy year" i think it'd be stupid to expect no more major 40k releases, so there is a good bet that we'll have at least one more codex. the rumour mill heavily hints dark eldar or inquisiton. this will probably break up a run of new WH ed, new WH starter set and the first WH 8th Ed Army book.

with 2 unused months to go, the only thing i can think of is tomb kings, who are rumored for a new book this year.

so, that just leaves one month. could be another 40k codex, hard to imagine it being a fantasy army book though as i think there will already be a lot of fantasy in the second half of the year. there is a chance of an apocalypse release in the not to distant future with talk of an eldar super heavy (cobra i think it was called). also, there are likely to be one or two more lotr releases tagged onto a major 40k or warhammer release .

this is all based on rumours and news floating around the warseer site itself.

NeoMonolith
17-04-2010, 12:15
I didn't even know they were still supporting lord of the rings.

MajorWesJanson
17-04-2010, 12:27
I'm still sticking with my prediction of DE, then GK, then Necrons.

Fantasy 8th ought to be out in July/August, with the new Starter somewhere from August to Oct, and the first new book for them in Feb.

Nov/Dec is usually Holiday stuff, various bundles and wave releases.

Edit: Updating my predicted schedule:
May: Orcs and Goblins Models, LotR Battlehosts
June: Spearhead
July: WHFB 8th Edition Rulebook, wave models (cavalry kits, Daemon Models?)
August: Dark Eldar (Warriors, Wytches, Raider/Ravager kit, Hellions, metal new units, character blisters)
September: WHFB 8th Starter
October: Grey Knights (PAGK, GKTs, Storm Raven, ISTs in plastic)
November: Holiday bundles (Megaforces), wave models (1-2 DE plastics), and big kits (Eldar Grav Tank?)
December: see above
January: Necrons
February: Fantasy Army (TK or OK I suspect)
March: Wave release for DE, new supplement (maybe siege battles for fantasy?)
April: Black Templars
May: Fantasy Army

Edited because Miami reminded me that I forgot the obvious

That's one of the strongest lists I've seen, it's not 100% accurate IMO but not bad. I think your fantasy feb 2011 entry is incorrect, don't expect the same running order as before, it "could" ;) be something that was done at the beginning of 7th that gets an early update..... however a 40k rumour thread (not where I normally hang out) isn't really the place to discuss that. Overall not a bad guess/guidline for things to come.

Upon further review, I may be wrong about Grey Knights and Dark Eldar, as they may switch places, and February sounds to be different. Still, it's my best guess for the next year of releases.

player21
17-04-2010, 15:07
I didn't even know they were still supporting lord of the rings.

Because their contract with tolkens say they must:D

Who knows whats coming. Last I heard 8th ed my be delayed, which I hope not the case. As for 40k, anything would good except another marine codex. I play marines but damn I want to kill some alien scum:D

MajorWesJanson
17-04-2010, 19:07
Because their contract with tolkens say they must:D

Who knows whats coming. Last I heard 8th ed my be delayed, which I hope not the case. As for 40k, anything would good except another marine codex. I play marines but damn I want to kill some alien scum:D

According to the Fantasy forum, 8th was confirmed for July. Means the starter will likely be in September, and that seems to leave August open for a 40K release :D