PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points high elf army list, help needed....

matthew5276
16-02-2006, 15:26
Well, this is very bad (I think), but I have next to no experience in army list making so I would like some help. This is fairly mixed IMO, maybe a bit cav heavy but tell me what you think.

LORDS

Archmage, ring of fury, great eagle.
300pts

HEROES

Commander, shield, heavy armour, hand weapon, great weapon, foe bane and guardinan pheonix.
130pts

TROOPS
15 Archers, full commande, light armour
225pts

16 Archers, light armour, full command
238pts

8 Silver Helms, Shields, heavy armour, full comand, Banner of Ellyrion
234pts

16 spearmen, full command
206pts

SPECIAL UNITS

5 Dragon Princes, Champion, standard

18 Swordmasters of Hoeth, full command
264pts

1 Tiranoc Chariot
85pts

Rare units

1 Great Eagle
50pts

1 Repeater bolt thrower
100pts

Well, I'd like to know how to improve it please.

Matt.

Lord Anathir
16-02-2006, 17:43
well...i saw this thread at warhammer.org as well, but as you dont have any comments here, i will comment on it.

1st: that archmage must be on foot...you dont want thinks targetting him (shooting + magic)

Id drop the foe bane, for enchanted shield and a lance and mount him on horse.

you cant take more then 10 archers in one unit...too much of a point sink. the light armor and command should also be dropped. this is becuase you want archers to stay out of combat and support the army from a distance. hence i would have one unit of 10 with no armor or command, and swap the other unit for an RBT and eagle. with the spare you points you get from the first unit boost the spears to 20, and add a second chariot if you have points.

finally i would split those helms into two units of 5, dropping all command, but giving them full armor.

matthew5276
17-02-2006, 16:39
Well, I've made a few changes to the list:

LORDS

Archmage, ring of fury, 2 dispel scrolls, seer, level 4
320pts

HEROES

Commander, Dragonscale shield, dragon armour, barded elven steed, sacred incence, lance
147pts

TROOPS
10 Archers
120pts

10 Archers
120pts

5 Silver Helms, Shields, heavy armour, banner of ellyrion
144pts

16 spearmen, full command
206pts

SPECIAL UNITS

5 Dragon Princes, full command, war banner
195pts

18 Swordmasters of Hoeth, full command, banner of sorcery
314pts

2 Tiranoc Chariot
170pts

5 shadow warriors
75pts

Rare units

2 Great Eagle
100pts

1 great eagle
50pts

Dooglebug
17-02-2006, 17:27
Be careful with that unit of sword master poweful but fragile. Eagles are invaluable tools but you will rarely need as many as 3. Are you playing an artillery / magic heavy army? The archers are an unusual choice but try them out. 1 unit is generally all you'd want. I'd personally drop one eagle and one unit of archers and take some another unit of Silver Helms and increase the size of the spear unit.

keep it real, well, as real as you can in a fictional fantasy world set table top wargame.

shadowprince
17-02-2006, 19:01
get some bolt throwers the first list was crap second is int the right direction. You probably only need 1 maby two eagles but Eldacar will jump n me so will everone else if I dish these :D

matthew5276
17-02-2006, 19:11
From my experience, i can't seem to get blot throwers to work? Got any tips?

Matt.