PDA

View Full Version : I challenge you to a duel... a flaming lightsaber duel!

:0)
25-05-2005, 00:51
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4575291.stm

I haven't laughed this hard in ages.

Enjoy. :D

neXus6
25-05-2005, 00:56
LoL, that's so funny. What ******.

I also like this bit.

traces of accelerant (flammable substance) were found at the scene.
Do so many people really not know what accelerant means to warrent the brackets. :p

Wiseman
25-05-2005, 01:11
thats hilarious, havent laughed so much in ages

skavenguy13
25-05-2005, 01:50
Really shows what humans are capable of.

I don't even like my own creation! Now I know how God feels.

:p

marv335
25-05-2005, 02:01
darwin at work i think........

New Cult King
25-05-2005, 02:16
*shakes head*

This is why the rest of us have to suffer sub-standard films that have been hacked to pieces to remove more "suggestible" elements (*cough*Spawn*cough*) - next thing people are going to be lobbying against Star Wars as dangerous to children.

Dangerous to ****** is more like it, and that's how it should be.

Delicious Soy
25-05-2005, 07:26
With the world suffring from overpopulation, you'd think things would be allowed to thin the herd a little. What on earth made them think that petrol filled glass tubing was the most logical method of replicating lightsabers? I've got a better idea, ground magnesium is far brighter, use that!

*Awaits reports of third degree burns*

samael
25-05-2005, 07:50
I do believe we have found some prime candidates for the Darwin Award.

Hideous Loon
25-05-2005, 13:55
Right, those two guys will never be candidates for the Nobel prize. However, they may be awarded with The Stupidest Idea of the Year, which includes a splendid plaque and a bus ride home.

Tenoch
25-05-2005, 14:05
Yes read that in the Sun yesterday, hilarious. The bit I liked is the guy filming it ran away in terror when his two mates set themselves on fire :D.

25-05-2005, 14:06
I do believe we have found some prime candidates for the Darwin Award.

Not really. They haven't died yet.

Odin
25-05-2005, 14:10

Have they taken themselves out of the gene-pool though? (that is the criteria for a Darwin) I'm sure they will at least get a Honorable Mention.

Antaeus
25-05-2005, 14:12
Well, if you're going to die, I can think of far, far worse ways to go :D

samael
25-05-2005, 14:21

Right NOT YET.

Anyway being horribly burned at a young age tends to put the chance of procriation on a low flame.

Which makes them elligable again.

25-05-2005, 14:27
Righy NOT YET.

Anyway being horribly burned at a young age tends to put the chance of procriation on a low flame.

Oh, I'll get you next time, Gadget! :p

plasmadaemon
25-05-2005, 14:27
this is why people don't like fire.

but i hope they didn't get fried like anakin :eek:

grizzly ruin
25-05-2005, 15:27
With the world suffring from overpopulation, you'd think things would be allowed to thin the herd a little.

I can't agree more.

tzeentchgiant
25-05-2005, 16:28
Ha what story, one to tell there grandchildren, (presuming someone copulates with either of them)

Why do I get the feeling Darwin has been denied something

TG

Slyracoon
25-05-2005, 16:40
That's priceless, I hope someone releases the tape onto the net. I can see it now: "Only a master of evil, Darren... OH ****!"

Well, if you're going to die, I can think of far, far worse ways to go :D
Typical fanboy attitude :p .

Antaeus
25-05-2005, 17:58
Would you rather be remembered for getting incinerated while trying to build a lightsabre, or for, say, dying after slipping in the shower? :cool:

Ethereal Alpaca
25-05-2005, 18:13
Or being pecked to death by Professer Yaffle? :p

This is somewhere between sad and hilarious.

Antaeus
25-05-2005, 18:31
I don't remember the episode of Bagpuss where he pecks someone to death. Skewered organ mouse, anyone? ;)

Glad there's someone else who remembers the old programme though. Anyway, I'll cease my off-topic witterings.

Slazton
25-05-2005, 18:39
Well damn, they did not kill each other. It does feel as if the Devil was denied two more souls :rollseyes:

Slyracoon
25-05-2005, 18:48
I suppose it would make for quite an amusing epitath, but what relative would actually put "Father of twelves, died heroically imitating Star Wars with household chemicals" on a gravestone?

I don't remember the episode of Bagpuss where he pecks someone to death. Skewered organ mouse, anyone? ;)

Glad there's someone else who remembers the old programme though. Anyway, I'll cease my off-topic witterings.
Well he could have just seen it in your sig... And anyway, Professor Yaffle was a lover, not a fighter :cool: .

C. Langana
25-05-2005, 20:13
I still cannot quite see there logic? Either they seal the tube, petrol burns out, or leave it open and spray the stuff everywhere. Either way, wow, ******.

Flame Boy
25-05-2005, 22:53
I live about 15-20 minutes away from Hemel Hempstead... I went to school there. It does not surprise me that people are setting fire to themselves out of sheer stupidity after knowing who went to school in that town. I almost feel like I'm on the outskirts of an *****-bomb just waiting to explode in a fiery conflagration of idiocy. i'm going to build myself a bunker in the back garden, just in case.

athamas
25-05-2005, 23:39
this just screams stupidity... im surprised these ppl made it 10 years old!

Wiseman
26-05-2005, 09:33
hopefully the doctors that treat them tell them they are to stupid to be treated and must die

Brush your teeth
26-05-2005, 12:44
With the world suffring from overpopulation, you'd think things would be allowed to thin the herd a little.*

I've always thoght we should just have a cull to reduce overpopulation :D

neXus6
26-05-2005, 12:50
I'd have to say that living and recovering with out to much facial scaring would probably be my preffered option. Then you get the story, get to tell it and get to have people stay with you long enough to tell the story.

plasmadaemon
26-05-2005, 13:14
actually dying from a lightsaber isn't painfull, it's like dying from a very powerfull flas...ehem..lasgun.
And as we all know, there is no bleeding because the heat has sealed the wound and the person can't feel much.

(Lucas is obsessed with lightsabers chopping arms off, and not anything else.)

vyper
26-05-2005, 13:30
heh, i Saw this in the news the other day, and you what the best part is?

It's all from where I live, one of my friends used to work with the 17 year old girl.

it's official, hemel Hempstead is full of idiots. :D

Lord Lucifer
26-05-2005, 13:58
Right NOT YET.

I'm sure the Darwins have been stated to be awarded post-humously to those who do a great service to the gene-pool by removing themselves from it.
Posthumous being very deliberately stated in the criteria

These poor fools are so inept they can't even kill themselves and earn a Darwin
What a let down :rolleyes: :p

notdakuningist
26-05-2005, 14:42
It may have been a stupid mistake, but it is still pretty tragic. What if it had been someone you knew and or cared for?

grey_painter
26-05-2005, 14:52
I'd hope that everyone I know and care for isn't stupid enough to play with petrol in glass tubes. They deserve all the ridicule they get really.

I am waiting for the video to be released, should make it part of an educational package about why playing with fire is a bad thing.

notdakuningist
26-05-2005, 15:22
"I'd hope that everyone I know and care for isn't stupid enough to play with petrol in glass tubes. They deserve all the ridicule they get really."

No they don't, the scars, pain and slow long recovery ought to be enough.

PSD
26-05-2005, 16:04
Probably even more amusing than the guy who tried to cut open a hand grenade with a chainsaw, in a geeky sort of way...

And i dont see how anyone could feel any compassion or sympathy for the two mindless idiots, they got what they deserved. Act like an idiot, die like an idiot. (Or at least be hideously burned and mutilated in the attempt.) :D

notdakuningist
26-05-2005, 16:42
I'm just saying that the pain that they will suffer will be lesson enough, if everybody wants to be childish and ridicule them than go ahead.

PSD
26-05-2005, 16:48
Childish? ...maybe.

Deserved? ...OH YES!

tzeentchgiant
26-05-2005, 17:19
I'm just saying that the pain that they will suffer will be lesson enough, if everybody wants to be childish and ridicule them than go ahead.

Well they sort of got what they deserved, and whilst it should be enough, we are all entitled to act childish especially when presented with such a superb opertunity.

I end with the statement of eternal stupidity on my part and theirs..... duh

TG

plasmadaemon
26-05-2005, 17:39
A guy cut of his phennis just because his footie team lost. :wtf:

TheSonOfAbbadon
26-05-2005, 17:55
A guy got is phennis bashed in by a horse he attempted to "do" wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

tzeentchgiant
26-05-2005, 18:21
I the daily record a while ago (I don't read it I say the article when a friend found it) a man in Russia chopped off his wang to get the attention of his family during an argument about debt. The funny thing was he took one swipe with an axe, didn't get through and then finished the job with a second blow.

Apparently he really regreted it the second it was detatched from him.

That man got what he deserved, and a funny story to tell his grandchil..... his families grandchildren :p

TG

notdakuningist
26-05-2005, 19:55
People will go to some pretty extreme lengths to prove a point.
Remember the monk who lit himself on fire to protest the vietnam war?

Kohhna
26-05-2005, 20:12

Yeah, him and that quaker guy who did it in Washington in front of the Whitehouse.

notdakuningist
26-05-2005, 20:28
Hadn't heard of that one. If I weren't wasting time reading Portent I'd probably look up the details of both:0

plasmadaemon
26-05-2005, 20:33

so that's where the name 'flaming' zombies comes from. :evilgrin:

PSD
26-05-2005, 20:34
Its also on the cover of Rage Against The Machines self titled album...

Lord Lucifer
27-05-2005, 08:53
It's funny when bad things happen to other people.
A scientist told me that, that makes it true

And because it's bad things brought on by the individual that suffers them, that makes it okay to laugh.
Just think of it as a large, flaming, glass-encased banana skin that a pair of fools slipped on intentionally.

I don't know about you other guys, but I'm with Bill Hicks on this one. What a tragedy? What a *****! Hey guys, we're missing another *****! :cries: :p

-Luci :angel: