PDA

View Full Version : Ever played against gnoblars?

Zurubbu
17-04-2010, 21:16
Just lost to gnoblars... 1250 points and ove 200 gnoblars. I thought that they can't be that bad so i took a nice list of "horde" beastmen. Well, in the end i managed to kill 50 gnoblars and lost everything except a unit of ungors, which managed to kill a unit of 20 gnoblar fighters! Barely! Ghorgon died on the second turn to one unit of some sling guys... Looking at his deployment, the game was basically over before it started. His whole deployment zone was filled with grey (they were mainly zombies and ghouls).

So... anyone ever played against white dwarf gnoblar army?

ICLRK625
17-04-2010, 21:23
Just lost to gnoblars... 1250 points and ove 200 gnoblars. I thought that they can't be that bad so i took a nice list of "horde" beastmen. Well, in the end i managed to kill 50 gnoblars and lost everything except a unit of ungors, which managed to kill a unit of 20 gnoblar fighters! Barely! Ghorgon died on the second turn to one unit of some sling guys... Looking at his deployment, the game was basically over before it started. His whole deployment zone was filled with grey (they were mainly zombies and ghouls).

So... anyone ever played against white dwarf gnoblar army?

I've got the list, but I've never used it. I imagine it's very "all or nothing" in it's playstyle.

it's coming this way!
17-04-2010, 21:29
I've always been kind of intrigued by the list, but didn't ever really see it as feasible. Though I suppose bringing more models than your opponent can kill is a reasonably effective strategy, as long as you don't chain-panic off the table.

cockney_nightmare
17-04-2010, 21:31
Gnoblars shock me. Played a game today and they won and overran a block of Empire spearmen!

Bladelord
17-04-2010, 21:42
We've played one or two small games with gnoblars at home, and they're dead fun I must say! The list is a bit nastier than one thinks, though obviously lousy. But oh, the sight of all those big noses and flappy ears, and all the Bicker and Sharp Stuff, not to mention the special units...

When Ogre Kingdoms arrive again, elements from the Gnoblar army list must be included, and the same goes for Orcs & Goblins.

Agoz
17-04-2010, 21:54
I've always been kind of intrigued by the list, but didn't ever really see it as feasible. Though I suppose bringing more models than your opponent can kill is a reasonably effective strategy, as long as you don't chain-panic off the table.

they can't chain panic, gnoblar don't cause panic in other gnoblar.

Zurubbu
17-04-2010, 21:59

Yup, was kinda anoying that he had his whole army behind slinger units which were 30-40 points per. unit and didn't panic his other army when they fled...

it's coming this way!
17-04-2010, 22:21

Wha whaa? My bad, then. Making a gnoblar army could be an absolute blast if it wouldn't require actually PAINTING that many gnoblars...

I saw a thread a while back where Malorian talked about his ogre list with 120-some gnoblars though.. I could see that being fun to run.

darkstar
17-04-2010, 23:29
Largely Insignificant, the most beautifully named and under used rule in existance. I've never played against one, but I did have that very White Dwarf out today and was reading it. It'd be phenomenal fun, in theory, but I'm sure in practice being outnumbered by so many to one would be difficult to stomach, especially when everything throws sharp stuff.

Lord Shadowheart
17-04-2010, 23:32
I've got a 1k ish Gnoblar list, they're a right laugh to play with some times. Lucky gits are an absolute beast, re-roll everthing is crazy.

castellanash
17-04-2010, 23:41
i wrote a 2k point ogre army with 891 gnoblars in it... i realised how expensive the army was... moneywise anyway

Ultimate Life Form
17-04-2010, 23:49
Gnoblars are not to be underestimated. However he had a particularly easy time against you because you had no Armor Save.

w3rm
18-04-2010, 01:09
Ahem. See my signiture.

Lucky Gits are the most powerful unit in the entire game.

Commodus Leitdorf
18-04-2010, 02:39
Lucky Gits are the most powerful unit in the entire game.

Being able to re-roll everything (and I mean everything) tends to do that.

phoenixguard09
18-04-2010, 11:30
My friend from overseas came over on the holidays and we had a few games with him. Turns out in the 2 years since I'd seen him he painted a 3000 point Gnoblar army. Must of cost a fortune to get over here.

Anyway our VC player was owned, but was let down by bad luck and I beat him but barely. Thing was, at the end of the game he had as many units as I had Elves.

Malorian
18-04-2010, 13:43
Last year a guy brought the gnoblar army to a tournament and did extremely well.

They do a lot better than you think they would.

Oddly enough he did pretty bad overall though as people gave him low sportsmenship scores for using an unofficial army (even though tournament organizers said it was ok) and using BoSP night goblins to represent them ;)

Commodus Leitdorf
18-04-2010, 13:45
I've been mulling over whether or not to put together a conversion idea I had for a unit of Manbiters...since they can be hired as Dogs of War (for my Chaos Dwarfs atleast)...I might just do it...

...though I fear it will lead me to building a Gnoblar horde!

w3rm
18-04-2010, 14:52
Gnoblars are ridiculously fun to play and the only thing stopping me is the budget of a 15 year old... :cries:

ghostline
18-04-2010, 18:13
Ive always wanted to put Gnoblars in my Goblin Army(I run about 300 night goblins and 300 common goblins. Want to put 300 gnoblars in there)

Grymlok
18-04-2010, 22:10
Ive always wanted to put Gnoblars in my Goblin Army(I run about 300 night goblins and 300 common goblins. Want to put 300 gnoblars in there)

The tough bit is the 400 ($612) it would cost to buy that many Gnoblars. Put a serious hole in your pocket.

Brother Mordeus
19-04-2010, 03:44
This thread is quit entertaining. :D

limkopi
19-04-2010, 06:01
I witnessed a game of LM vs Gnoblars once. I was there from about 7pm - 11pm and the game was only at turn 4!

Granted the Gnoblar player was slow and meticulous about positioning, but I reckon it's the 3 units of 30 Lucky Gits that were causing the delay!

The Gnoblar army was not seen again.