4X Dragon Ogres
Great Weapons

Rare:

2X Spawn

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
Great Weapon

Total: 2,249

4PD 4DD 4 Scrolls

This is my idea of a marauding band who worships Khorne with the 2 wizards being carried around.

First thing first i was thinking about switching 3 hound units out for another marauder horseman unit. also i was thinking about switching the items around on my heroes giving the collar and scroll to one mage the other gets fury of the blood god and giving my exalted a jugge, that way i have 3 units with magic rez 2 and a scroll. i was also thinking of giving one the axe of Khorne and the other the bloodskull pendant to make them hurt in H2H the Khorne way, might drop the steeds and give the exalted a jugger and chaos rune sword =)

the general idea should be self explanatory each unit does what it is best at.

Please leave C&C but bare in mind the theme i am going for, a few marks of khorne on the elite and some nice smashing

LanceSaba
18-04-2010, 22:36
=( no comments, come on people throw a little love my way

Fruhauf
18-04-2010, 22:45
No Marks on marauders?
I think MoK on horsemen is worth it, they hit really hard then and they're still not expensive enough to worry about frenzy and control, plus you can use the hounds to shield them.

babyberg31
18-04-2010, 22:52
well...
Not so much flufiness in the list. No offend, but being into Khrone with 2 magicians and only 2 marked ''units''... And dragon ogre are mainly found into undivided army...

I think that with this list, you don't have a ''right feeling''. To much doggy and the mass marauder bring a ''undivided'' feeling. As Fruhauf said, MOK on the horseman could ad punch + fluffyness.

My 2 cents... sorry for the negatives comments, but hey, you asked for ;)

LanceSaba
18-04-2010, 23:12
I appreciate the input but like i said i wanted a more realistic feel because i feel that as marauders they shouldn't receive a mark. so i guess it should translate too undivided with a pinch of khorne and i will drop 3 units of hounds for another horseman unit.

also if i make the change to the killy wizards and drop the champions off the marauder units i can change the shaggoth for another unit of 4 dragon ogres

babyberg31
19-04-2010, 04:40
Well, about marauder not receiving the mark... I figured out something. If I play ''undivided'' ones, I use the normal fig, to show that their only Northmen, but if I put a mark on them, I use different figs. To me, marked Marauders are more like ''zealots'' or ''cultists''. Painting the marauder foot soldier into slaanesh colours sound bad, but a modified empire flagellant could make a decent slaanesh cultist! (my actual use in fact) Stranged hooded guy with tentacle and buboes could be an appropriate Nurgle cultist. Some kind of birman or mutated guy could become Tzeentch zealot and some gore looking buddies could easily represent some Khorne followers.

I also believe that ''normal'' and unspecific northmen doesn't deserve a chaos god mark... But hey, with a little help, you could twist the truth and include a ''kind of new unit''. they could be normal human follower, remember, theses marked marauders are still To3...

And to replace your dragon-ogre, you could include some MOK ogres and\or Khorne chariot. Could pack up some great punch. Might think for a juggernaut of Khorne to. The mini is awesome, and the rules are to!

Don't be discouraged. Mono-god is a possible thing! I myself play a mono-god Slaanesh list. I could post my list if it doesn't bother that I pollute your post!

PS: Is your army built, painted or assembled? Mine is not, so we could make a painting challenge to motive us! Who will finish he's 2250 pts first! Interested?

Fruhauf
19-04-2010, 12:18
Additionally on the different marauder things, I am thinking of using skeletons to represent marauders with Wulfrik (as he is damned to walk the earth for eternity making challenges on his ghostly boat thing) so the skellys could represent his eternal bunch of marauders :)

babyberg31
19-04-2010, 13:32
Additionally on the different marauder things, I am thinking of using skeletons to represent marauders with Wulfrik (as he is damned to walk the earth for eternity making challenges on his ghostly boat thing) so the skellys could represent his eternal bunch of marauders :)

Not a bad idea here! Give them a Slaanesh mark to immune them against fear, terror and panic and you got something great. The only special thing is that the Wulfric skeleton can flee... *twilight zone* :wtf:

LanceSaba
19-04-2010, 19:27
I too like the ideas of skeletons and at babyberg no i don't have any models i currently am working on my DE until i move back to where i use to live and then i am going to work on it so all in all it will take me about 2 months.

to everyone else is it really that good to mark the marauders is it sub par not to do so? also i was thinking about throwing in a units or two of marauders on foot with great weapons and the mark as bezerker units by droping a units of horsemen and 3 hound units

one big thing that i really want to work on my list is my heros what are your opinions on it?

Fruhauf
19-04-2010, 22:01
Marking marauders... it depends how competitive you want to play, and what you are using them for.

I'd say MoSlaanesh is pretty much a must have, else they will likely break easily and flee.

If you're going to use them Wulfrik style (behind enemy lines) then MoK is a possibility.

MoN and MoT are pretty much equal imo for marauders as they just add a little bit of extra defense.

Personally, unless used with Wulfrik I would mark them Slaanesh just for the immune to panic (else they are likely to flee before they do any damage as they are weak to shooters even with 5+ save, they are likely to lose 25%+ of the unit)