PDA

View Full Version : Tomb kings summoning spell Question

gortexgunnerson
16-02-2006, 16:39
Hi,

If a character in a chariot leading a unit of chariots loses his chariot to a cannon etc Can his chariot be summoned or not? We had this come up in game and my oppenent said the character was separate to unit and therefore the chariot couldnt be summoned?

On a related note if the chariot cannot be restored can a unit of chariot charge without the character charging, i.e. unit of chariots with Tome prince on foot, can the chariots charge leaving the character where he is. I know characters can charge without their units just wondering if the reverse was true.

Another question in relation to the first point is can a screaming skull capapult be summoned after it is destroyed if the crew are still alive?

Cheers for any help

Festus
16-02-2006, 16:58
Hi

On a related note if the chariot cannot be restored can a unit of chariot charge without the character charging, i.e. unit of chariots with Tome prince on foot, can the chariots charge leaving the character where he is. I know characters can charge without their units just wondering if the reverse was true.
No. The unit has to charge as a whole: Only characters can leave units. Units cannot leave characters.

Another question in relation to the first point is can a screaming skull capapult be summoned after it is destroyed if the crew are still alive?
Yes, as long as at least one crew member is alive, the whole thing can be summoned again (at least that's how I've seen TK players do it).

Greetings
Festus

Keller
16-02-2006, 21:38
If a character in a chariot leading a unit of chariots loses his chariot to a cannon etc Can his chariot be summoned or not? We had this come up in game and my oppenent said the character was separate to unit and therefore the chariot couldnt be summoned? I would think not.

edit: Reading into the FAQ from the Chronicles, it explicitly states that you cannot. The character and chariot are treated as seperate entities.

Another question in relation to the first point is can a screaming skull capapult be summoned after it is destroyed if the crew are still alive? Yes. You restore wounds to the unit, and the entire catapult is considered one unit. You can also bring back the crew if all you have standing is the machine. Refer to the TK FAQ in the 2004 Chronicles.

Mad Makz
17-02-2006, 00:37
On a related note if the chariot cannot be restored can a unit of chariot charge without the character charging, i.e. unit of chariots with Tome prince on foot, can the chariots charge leaving the character where he is. I know characters can charge without their units just wondering if the reverse was true

There is an issue here, in that the Tomb King book states that only characters on Chariots can join/be part of Chariot units.

I am not sure if this has been FAQ'd, but I'd probably argue that as soon as the character's chariot has been destroyed he is no longer part of the unit.

Keller
17-02-2006, 15:37
I am not sure if this has been FAQ'd, but I'd probably argue that as soon as the character's chariot has been destroyed he is no longer part of the unit.
He is ejected from the unit at the end of the phase. Should the chariot be lost in CC, the character is still part of the unit all the way through pursuit rolls and crumbling damage, so the character wouldn't take extra wounds for losing, but would slow the unit down to pursuing on 2d6. Once the entire phase is complete, the character is moved out of the unit.

In theory, you could kill the chariot with magic, then shoot the character, who is now on his own, depending on where they put the character upon removing him from the unit.