PDA

View Full Version : Who can be "challenged?"

flytail
25-05-2005, 00:12
Hi I am curious:
It says that only characters can challenge other characters in the warhammer rulebook, at least I think so. Does this mean a character can challenge a unit champion? It wouldn't be so for me , since the unit champion is not a "character" for rules purposes.

Could someone help clear this up for me.

skavenguy13
25-05-2005, 00:21
both characters and champions can issue challenges.
Both can accept challenges.
In the case of skaven :D :cool: :angel: , they choose which one goes in the back if it is declined.
In any other case, the challenger decides who goes in the back.

peteratwar
25-05-2005, 08:53
Please note you cannot issue a challenge against any specific character/champion. You may issue a challenge which may be picked up by your opponent with whichever character/champion he wishes.

This is still technically true if you are issuing a challenge when confronted by a single model on its own although in such a case he cannot refuse.

macbeth
25-05-2005, 09:56
There is something I'm wondering about. If you have a Shaggoth you have taken as a rare choice only, can he challenge ennemies or accept challenges ?

peteratwar
25-05-2005, 10:53
From what you say he does not appear to be fielded as a character nor as a unit champion. In such a case I would say no. He would be the same sort of class as a Treeman I would think.

Sylass
25-05-2005, 11:00
peteratwar is right, a Shaggoth can only challenge/be challenged if you upgraded him to a Shaggoth Champion. Without the upgrade he's not following the rules of characters.

Lordmonkey
25-05-2005, 13:47
peteratwar is right, a Shaggoth can only challenge/be challenged if you upgraded him to a Shaggoth Champion. Without the upgrade he's not following the rules of characters.

Cheese. Cheese on a stick!

Flame
25-05-2005, 15:35
Oh yes, fear the almighty Shaggoth of Doom! That is one waaay overcosted model you've got there ;)

On topic though, it is also worth bearing in mind that you can only accept/issue a challenge if your character is in btb contact with an enemy model.

Stouty
25-05-2005, 20:02
How does it work with doomseekers (can I challenge the fatties)

skavenguy13
25-05-2005, 21:31
They're not characters so you can't just like fanatics.
As I said, only champions/characters can be in a challenge.

macbeth
26-05-2005, 06:45
As such, I suppose than Maneaters, even if they are alone, and Gorgers cannot be challenge either?

Azroth
26-05-2005, 08:14
That is entirely correct.