PDA

View Full Version : Space marine predator/land raider sponsons

rabblerouser
19-04-2010, 00:18
Does anyone else have a problem with these? They look like they are hanging on by a snot, and don't have anything in the mechanism that resembles a motor that would rotate them. How do they actually move?

Citizensmith
19-04-2010, 00:22
I push them with my finger normally. :)

carlisimo
19-04-2010, 00:51
You could imagine that the post they're hanging off of is immobile, and the rotating/elevating mechanism is in the body-colored case (forgot the term) that wraps around the weapon.

Iceheart2112
19-04-2010, 05:11
Depending on what the driver/gunner is aiming at it could go a couple of ways:

For moving the gun left/right - The gunner chants the Rite of Twistyness while lighting the specified incense (the blue one, if you were curious). He then turns the Knob of Adjustment three half-turns clockwise/counter-clockwise (depending on left or right), which allows the sponson to move.

For moving the gun up/down - The gunner lights the specified incense (red this time...well, its really a burnt orange rather than red, but the reason for calling it red is classified for the higher level tech-priests) while humming the Tune of Elevation. After the second choral round, the gunner must raise/lower the Lever of Positioning till it reaches the proper inclination.

For moving the gun both up/down and left/right: The gunner must light both the white incense (its more of a beige...but I digress) and drum out the Cadence of Alignment *simultaneously* (its very important; done improperly and the vehicle's machine spirit will express its displeasure through electric shock). Only then will the Joystick of Orientation be allowed to do its holy duty.

MadHatter
19-04-2010, 05:15
Depending on what the driver/gunner is aiming at it could go a couple of ways:

For moving the gun left/right - The gunner chants the Rite of Twistyness while lighting the specified incense (the blue one, if you were curious). He then turns the Knob of Adjustment three half-turns clockwise/counter-clockwise (depending on left or right), which allows the sponson to move.

For moving the gun up/down - The gunner lights the specified incense (red this time...well, its really a burnt orange rather than red, but the reason for calling it red is classified for the higher level tech-priests) while humming the Tune of Elevation. After the second choral round, the gunner must raise/lower the Lever of Positioning till it reaches the proper inclination.

For moving the gun both up/down and left/right: The gunner must light both the white incense (its more of a beige...but I digress) and drum out the Cadence of Alignment *simultaneously* (its very important; done improperly and the vehicle's machine spirit will express its displeasure through electric shock). Only then will the Joystick of Orientation be allowed to do its holy duty.

:eek: how dare you tell the working secrets of our high technology of the future on the web like this. :D

rabblerouser
19-04-2010, 14:00
Ohhh so they are moved by the magics of the machine god. Okay that makes sense now... and here I thought there must be some sort of linear actuator

MajorWesJanson
19-04-2010, 14:30
If the spar that holds the gun has teeth on it, a small gear in the sponson mount could spin it easily, and a gear in the gun itself would work for elevation/declension.

NeoMonolith
19-04-2010, 14:31
I can deal with the land raider sponsons, but the ones for the predator don't look good at all.