PDA

View Full Version : Are Black Templars next?

6th and Final Champion
25-05-2005, 02:47
After a long winded discussion with a veteran at my local gaming store I've decided to play Black Templar(They seem to be the most CC oriented). I've heard some talk of there book being next is this true?

Seleucus
25-05-2005, 03:23
Rumours would suggest strongly that the BT codex will be out in the Autumn, along with (hopefully, a plastic sprue of bitz for BT along the lines of the Space Wolves one.

We shall see!

Cypher
25-05-2005, 03:37
Id call it more than rumour right now. Unless something untoward happens, a new Black Templar codex, along with a selection of new models (some of which are BT-specific) should be released in the months before Christmas this year.

In other words, hold off buying stuff until the new collection comes along. ;)

PBGhost
25-05-2005, 04:00
Inquisitor Engel has a playtest BT Codex.

It will indeed be next after Tyranids.

6th and Final Champion
25-05-2005, 17:12
Cool. Im really looking forard to playing them, they're a combat chapter with some character.

Brush your teeth
25-05-2005, 21:34
when are they going to re-release orks i dont have any official guns

philbrad2
25-05-2005, 22:00
when are they going to re-release orks i dont have any official guns

Unknown, ENGEL hints that contents of the BT codex he has for playtesting hit at Orks possibly being released sometime in 2006. Of course there has been rumours Tau are in the mix too for '06.

:chrome:

boogle
25-05-2005, 22:04
if Tau are next, then i would imagine Orks will be Summer 2006 with one of the major Marine Chapters for Xmas '06, then Eldar as the major release for summer '07

Oh, as well as the extra sprue, Assault Termies, and Plastics scouts have been rumoured for release alongside the BT Codex

Brush your teeth
26-05-2005, 13:19
This is getting quite annoying orks have needed re-doing for ages tyranids and tau were reletively new when GW started re-releasing codex's :mad:

boogle
26-05-2005, 13:22
It'll be worth the wait

6th and Final Champion
26-05-2005, 14:23
Will it now?...

I think all the older books should be redone first. I mean, Necrons arent THAT out dated. And neither are Tau and Chaos(whih are strong enough). But al the old SM codexes should get redone first.

Karhedron
26-05-2005, 15:04
Personally I am not in that much of a rush for more Space Marines even though I play Blood Angels and Space Wolves. The boys in power armour get too much attention as it is, get Orks and Eldar redone as they are crying out for a revamp.

6th and Final Champion
26-05-2005, 17:22
True Eldar are a little underpowered I'd say. Never seen Orks in action but a veteran at my gaming store play and he's number 1 on the cape. He must be doing SOMETHInG right.

EmperorsChamp01
28-05-2005, 06:09
I think that the Tau should be in no hurry to get a new codex. How long have they been out 2 -3 days (it seems like) I thinnk they should revamp the Orks and Eldar. Maybe make so plastic wraithguard. I donno. Well I heard that the BT are out in 3 or 4 monthes and that they are remaking the assult termies based off the new termies to coenside with the release of the BT codex. Since the BT are the most CC orentated SM chapter.

6th and Final Champion
28-05-2005, 17:23
I thought Wraithguard WERE plastic?

Thousandth Son
28-05-2005, 18:41
Nope, they are metal, and darn expensive.

I agree with most people here, why are the Tau getting revamped? Are they not selling well and GW wants to boost their sales?

Anywho, the Templars are supposed to be getting done, as you all know, but I am not quite sure what they are intending to change besides just having the Templars pay for their vows.

EmperorsChamp01
28-05-2005, 23:40
I dont know if i really like the hole pay for vows thing. Eah what can you do?

marv335
29-05-2005, 00:02
i did hear today from a mate in retail that the tau codex was being re-done.

Delicious Soy
29-05-2005, 01:59
I agree with most people here, why are the Tau getting revamped? Are they not selling well and GW wants to boost their sales?Let's put it this way:

1. BT's are the best selling SM variant.
2. Tau are the best selling Xenos Race.

Hence the pattern emerges. :rolleyes:

Astromarine
30-05-2005, 10:21
why weren't they done before nids then?

My guess is that Tau will be next exactly BECAUSE it's a small project. they need a few new sculpts, and a few tweaks in the rules, and presto, a 4th edition Codex. It's something that can be done by a small team while the rest of the studio focusses on much more elaborate projects like the new Eldar and Orks.

Isuran Greifenherz
30-05-2005, 10:34
I think that Black Tempalars will be done after Orks and maby Tau after they finished Bt.

Delicious Soy
30-05-2005, 14:57
why weren't they done before nids then?Simple. The tyranids were part of the Battle of Macragge set and therefore were first xeno codex up for renewal. Here's a few hypothecticals for why it was the 'Battle for Macragge' and not the 'Damocles crusade':

1. Background: Behemoth was fought between Ultramarines and nids, DAmocles wa fought with crusader marine companies (i.e marines from different chapters). This transfers into the modelling arena where a unified army is a better way to start painting.

2. Differences in armies: Last box the SM's had to be differentiated from DE by including a landspeeder. Tyranids (at least those included in the box) are a horde against elite defenders, plus they have educed shooting capability. Basically it provides opposite ends of the spectrum.

3. Nids had been quiet: For a race intent on devouring the galaxy, nids haven't done anything new since the 3rd ed rulebook (intro of Hivefleet Leviathan). Plus they seem pretty popular so reviewing them (particularly the "build your own hivefleet section") made for a combination of factors favouring them.

Similarly, Tau now have several reasons to redo them after BT, they're a best seller, it'll be quick, the codex could do with some more variety. Hence they become a distinct possibility.

6th and Final Champion
31-05-2005, 17:09
Are they really a big seller? I dont really see a lot of Tau players. A crap load of Necron and Space marine players. Not really Tau though...

Inquisitor Engel
31-05-2005, 20:11
Right - I am currently flipping through my nice, mint smelling, uncreased Black Templars Codex.

Unless the printers has found a way to send things much further into the past than just printing to-schedule, then I think they're next. ;)

The one after that is all up in the air due to models, background, artwork and everything.

Thousandth Son
31-05-2005, 21:01
*lines up Engel in scope*

So is it the actual codex, or just your weird playtester's version? :eyebrows:

Inquisitor Engel
31-05-2005, 21:04
*lines up Engel in scope*

So is it the actual codex, or just your weird playtester's version? :eyebrows:

I have both.

t-tauri
31-05-2005, 21:59
I have both.
So you won't need the playtest version anymore then? :D

Interesting that they print it up that far in advance. We're talking what, November/December release? Is it a proof copy or somewhere in Lenton is there a container full of spangly new BT codices?

Delicious Soy
01-06-2005, 08:29
Are they really a big seller? I dont really see a lot of Tau players. A crap load of Necron and Space marine players. Not really Tau though...
Well I'm not sure in what context the guy I was talking to was referring but in at least the Asia Pacific region, Tau are the biggest selling Xenos Race.

shabbadoo
01-06-2005, 10:10
I'm back! (and so is Portent!) :)

I've also heard that BT are the October release and Eldar are a December release. Imagine that. Elves for Christmas. I have also heard of the BT accessory sprue and plastic scouts, plus everybody by this time knows that the terminator assault squads will be out around the BT release as well. There should be some BT specific models for special characters.

I still wonder when the vindicator will go all plastic for the current Rhino chassis...

Orks look to be getting some models during 2006, with a possible codex release of December. Models will be released for Orks before then however. The only thing that I have heard and what I'd consider to be reliable info is that these releases will include new Ork vehicles. I'm hoping to see some really nice 'eavy armored HQ choices(non-warboss wunz that is), some cyborks, and finally a badass Nazdreg model. All by Brian Nelson of course! ;)

Marshal Draziel
01-06-2005, 11:58
I have both.

Okay,,, then could you possibly tell us something we dont know? :cool:

Not anything big,,, just something (getting all excited :eek: )

EmperorsChamp01
01-06-2005, 21:17
sabbadoo if you want a Vindicator then go buy it on forgeworld. Its great there are some Resin parts but it is so worth the 50 dollars I payed for it. Oh Inquistor one question. What is the picture on the front of the Coedx? I absolutely Love the Picture on the Front of the old 3 ed rulebook is it something along that lines?

Karhedron
02-06-2005, 22:09
Interesting that they print it up that far in advance. We're talking what, November/December release?
Dates for BTs haven't been confirmed yet but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they start coming out in September, that is when the assault terminators are being released. That would give us a couple of months for the Wood Elf releases and then back to 40K again.

I've also heard that BT are the October release and Eldar are a December release.
BTs for September/October seems fine but if they have new Eldar out in time for Christmas then I will eat my hat (pass the ketchup please ;)). We have been hearing BT rumours since the start of 2005, I doubt they could have a major codex like Eldar ready to hit the shelves by Christmas without even a hint of it leaking out.

hood_oz
03-06-2005, 00:41
Dates for BTs haven't been confirmed yet

I doubt they could have a major codex like Eldar ready to hit the shelves by Christmas without even a hint of it leaking out.

Hey, I haven't heard any rumour in regards to ACTUAL release dates, but Oz being a month behind, I just have to wait four weeks after everyone else. Unless they do the terminator thing again and give it to us early....

Check out Inquisitor Engels post, it says next codex release is dependant on models, artwork etc. So whatever it is, it is in final production stages (the plastics and so on).

So if it is Tau, then maybe we will see some nice new shiny things to add to the army, and some nice fresh artwork. Now comes the rumours as to what they are going to be adding to tau....

Oh, all I want to know is, are we actually getting plastic scouts through the release of the BT codex? I know spilling the beans on that one is a no no for Engel, but hell, I thought I could put it in everyones mind, just in case someone else knew if it was happening, and a possible release schedule. (not dates, more like late in release schedule after assault terminators and characters, or before the revised land raider crusader box.)

No, dont wet yourself, it is nothing more than me thinking out loud, as the LR crusader box will probably get revised box art to tie in with the new packaging format like every other box set at some point.

Jonathan =I=
08-06-2005, 16:47
Right - I am currently flipping through my nice, mint smelling, uncreased Black Templars Codex.

Unless the printers has found a way to send things much further into the past than just printing to-schedule, then I think they're next. ;)

The one after that is all up in the air due to models, background, artwork and everything.

Ooooo just imagine what they would sell for on ebay :eek:

(although GW sueing you wouldent be worth it)

Darius Rhiannon
08-06-2005, 16:57
That does it, I a going yo go work for the printers GW uses....

or Engel could simply be blowing smoke...

6th and Final Champion
08-06-2005, 17:25
So they're slated for september release? I better start saving up now......