PDA

View Full Version : My servitor treatment begins on thursday

viking657
19-04-2010, 16:46
Today I went to the dentist and as I lay in the chair, whilst he informed me of how my treatment plan would proceed, I couldn't help thinking of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Basically hes going to perform root canal surgery then fit a metal post into the root of whats left of my tooth before fixing a crown onto it :cries:

So I'm on my way to being a servitor, half man half metal machine.

I was wondering what other events in your lives have reminded you of 40K?

Godzooky
19-04-2010, 16:50
Today I went to the dentist and as I lay in the chair, whilst he informed me of how my treatment plan would proceed, I couldn't help thinking of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Basically hes going to perform root canal surgery then fit a metal post into the root of whats left of my tooth before fixing a crown onto it :cries:

Google Professor Kevin Warwick @ Reading University. That guy really wants to be a machine. :D

sliganian
19-04-2010, 17:01

So what you are saying, you will be "more machine now than man, twisted and evil." :D

viking657
19-04-2010, 17:05
actually I've been pondering this further after posting and the damaged tooth is actually were I hold my cigarette in my mouth so you could say it was the corruption of chaos that led to the treatment being needed in the first place.

I have no doubt that for some time after treatment I will be twisted and evil to whoever trys to touch or talk me

Buzz_Kill
19-04-2010, 19:04
So what you are saying, you will be "more machine now than man, twisted and evil." :D
The New Vader!

I would say when i got a metal part added to my kneecap that reminded me of 40k, mainly the Sevitors, =)

Sunfang
19-04-2010, 21:39
I dont know...my step dad had a hip replacement and both knees. I kind fo thought about the Ultramarines Chaplin, forget his name at the moment.

Especially watching the videos.

NeoMonolith
19-04-2010, 21:47
My neighbor has implants that make his pretty much dear ears work again, pins and metal plates in both hips, pins in a leg, replacement teeth, a synthetic heart valve, a pacemaker, and a fake eye.

He's more bionic than Calgar.

Hunger
19-04-2010, 22:26
When I read Ravenor, I thought of Stephen Hawking. (Is that insensitive?)

Godzooky
19-04-2010, 23:00
When I read Ravenor, I thought of Stephen Hawking. (Is that insensitive?)

Depends what you were thinking about him, I guess. :D

Citizensmith
20-04-2010, 03:56
A woman at work needed reconstructive surgery for heavily receding gums (apparently you can brush your teeth too much). She was given two options, tissue from the roof of her mouth (really painful) or tissue from the gums of a cadaver. She went with the cadaver option. I'm still undecided if zombie gums are gross or awesome.

Gav2k
20-04-2010, 10:42
My neighbor has implants that make his pretty much dear ears work again, pins and metal plates in both hips, pins in a leg, replacement teeth, a synthetic heart valve, a pacemaker, and a fake eye.

He's more bionic than Calgar.

Not to be insensitive but... What the hell happened to this guy???

NeoMonolith
20-04-2010, 10:47
He's old, and has been both a firefighter and into extreme sports.

Tonberry
20-04-2010, 11:00

At least now you'll be able to pick up radio 2 :D

Doppleskanger
20-04-2010, 11:51
years ago I came out worst in a big scrap and ended up with my ankle bust in 3 places. Its now held together by 17 different pieces of metal. Strangely though i didn't gain "Iron Foot" Straken like abilities....and i know why!
When you look at the xray it's clearly the work of a painboy. It looks like someone just tipped all the junk from the bottom of their tool box into a hole in my leg and sewed it up!

Arbiter7
20-04-2010, 12:09
You should change your dentist. To the best of my knowledge, a root canal does not involve a lobotomy.

Godzooky
20-04-2010, 12:13
You should change your dentist. To the best of my knowledge, a root canal does not involve a lobotomy.

After the pain I went through with the abscesses I had prior to a root canal, I have to say there were times I'd have welcomed a lobotomy.

Reflex
20-04-2010, 12:33
Know a bloke who is trialing a mechanical leg. has electrodes that connect to his head or some such, point being he can walk almost normally (a bit slow though) still pretty cool stuff.

ASSASSINAWOKEN
20-04-2010, 15:03
My neck reminds me ... I have 4 screws and a titanium plate conjoining two of my upper spinal vertebrae. With the fusion a piece of spine from a donation is between them and they have all grown together to form a solid mass of bone out of the original two vertebrae.

Culgore
20-04-2010, 16:16
Lol when my brother shattered his lower leg, he had a spot where these metal rods screwed into a metal piece inside his leg, he could unscrew these rods at will, it was pretty gangster.

MegaPope
20-04-2010, 18:05
Following a stroke at 27, my heart is partially held together with two bits of wire and some plastic sheeting.

They inserted this contraption into me through a large vein, threaded it up into the damaged bit of my heart valves, and then unfurled it like they were lifting the sails on a ship-in-a-bottle :D

Reflex
21-04-2010, 13:49
Following a stroke at 27, my heart is partially held together with two bits of wire and some plastic sheeting.

They inserted this contraption into me through a large vein, threaded it up into the damaged bit of my heart valves, and then unfurled it like they were lifting the sails on a ship-in-a-bottle :D

i dont want to be rude, but how do you have a heart attack at 27?

Godzooky
21-04-2010, 13:55

He said stroke, chief, not heart attack. Strokes can strike any of us at any time, regardless of age or fortitude.

http://www.stroke.org.uk/

MegaPope
21-04-2010, 20:55

He said stroke, chief, not heart attack. Strokes can strike any of us at any time, regardless of age or fortitude.

Hehe, it's ok dude :). Fact is, I had a defective heart from birth, with an internal leak - some unfiltered blood went where it shouldn't and pow! Knew nothing about it until I woke up one morning feeling inexplicably drunk and paralyzed down one side (my painting hand was affected! :eek:). Luckily, the effects were only temporary, although it did leave me with a bona fide brain injury. However, no one seems to have noticed any change there ;)

Interestingly, the medics did say that this defect can also cause heart attacks, and that I was lucky to have had a stroke - at that age, heart attacks are almost always fatal. :skull:

Good luck with your treatment, Godzooky :). Hope they shoot you up with a nice big dose of anasthesia - even the most masochistic worshipper of Slaanesh would baulk at complex dental treatment! :eek: