PDA

View Full Version : Cult of Ulric List

Amornar
16-02-2006, 21:11
Throwing this list out to see what kind of reception it gets from you guys while I search for a fantasy army.

Cult of Ulric 2000 Point List

Grandmaster-266
Storm Hammer
Bane of Craven
Heart of Middenheim

9 Knights-274
Inner Circle
Full Command

Seneschal-107
White Cloak
Claw Totem

19 Teotogen Guard-277
Inner Circle
Full Command

20 Warriors of Ulric-128-248
Light Armour, Shields, Full Command
-Warrior Priest-120
Heavy Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, 1 Shard of Skoll and
2 Wolfhead Emblems

20 Warriors of Ulric-128-248
Light Armour, Shields, Full Command
-Warrior Priest-120
Heavy Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, 1 Shard of Skoll and
2 Wolfhead Emblems

15 Wolf-Kin-205
Light Armour, Shields, Great Weapons, Full Command

10 Wolf-Kin-140
Light Armour, Great Weapons, Full Command

8 Hounds-71
Huntmaster

8 Hounds-71
Huntmaster

10 Huntsmen-90

Basic Battle Plan is use TG with the Seneschal to hold the middle, along with WoU on the sides of them, Wolf-Kin on one flank and Knights with GM on the other. Hounds can be used to flank/speed bump etc. 10 man Wolf-Kin is flexible unit that can charge smaller units or flank. Huntsmen are deployed as scouts to try to shoot down a few crew from warmachines. Priests seem to have enough anti-magic ability.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
-Amornar

Keller
16-02-2006, 22:28
It looks like a pretty decent set up. Its flexible, with some cavalry supporting some tough infantry units. I would try to bump the infantry to 25 men though, so you can retain a rank bonus for as long as reasonably possible. Also, I wouldn't put both Priests and Champions in the Warriors. You could easily go without the basic champion, letting the Priest act as it to save a few points.

Wolfkin would probably be made better at 2 12 man units, dropping the shields from the first. Also, I wouldn't give them standards, and would use AHW's over GW's.

A bit more shooting wouldn't be a bad thing either. A unit or two of archers, even more Huntsmen, could help you control the enemy a bit better.

Looking good, though.

made_of_metal
16-02-2006, 22:32
They are S4 unit champions though. I see that as reason enough to keep them around.

And the bane of the craven is something i like. It means that you're expensive knights will see combat.

Bubble Ghost
17-02-2006, 15:28
Yeah, the ability to have so many S4 attacks in the front rank of infantry units is one of the things that sets the Cult of Ulric apart from the style of Empire armies. The extra punch is really handy.

I also have to say I like the wolf-kin configuration there. I tended to have one unit with great weapons and one with hw/s - one to attack and one to receive charges - but whether you go for great weapons or extra hand weapons is a matter of preference really.

Looks pretty nice overall - you've got your bases covered. The only thing I'd be tempted to do is reduce the size of the Teutogen Guard unit and reinvest the points on some more archers or warriors, since you don't need that many of them; but having such a massively tempting target for the enemy to aim at may work in your favour, drawing fire away from less shiny but game-winning units.