PDA

View Full Version : SM Chapter Icon Orientation on tank?

mortiferum
20-04-2010, 07:34
Which way up should the Chapter icon go, image 1 or 2?

Have GW set a precedence with this?

cyphertheory
20-04-2010, 08:36
option 2. if i were in a thunder hawk flying over number 1 i would think i was going the wrong way!

but in all honesty its really your call. do you want to see your chapter logo when playing facing you or your enemy?

Lothlanathorian
20-04-2010, 08:40
I would place it so that the top of the icon points towards the front of the tank.

AndrewGPaul
20-04-2010, 08:46
Number 1. It's entirely up to you, as there's no "codex" rule for it, but all the examples I've seen have the bottom of the icon towards the front of the vehicle.

Of course, by the Codex, the unit type symbol goes on the roof, and the Chapter badge goes on the side - usually on the doors.

Lothlanathorian
20-04-2010, 09:00
In the Blood Angels codex, there is a Rhino with the Chapter logo facing with the drop 'dripping' towards the rear of the tank. In the Ultramarines Chapter picture in the Space Marine's codex, all the unit markings on the Rhinos are set so that the tops point towards the front of the vehicles.

So, for all the examples I can find, the top of the icon points towards the front of the vehicle.

Although, AndrewGPaul has it right for Codex markings on the vehicle. Unit type on the roof, Chapter on the sides.

Petay1985
20-04-2010, 09:29
I do believe its down to personal oppinion although i would be in favour of option 2, this is certainly the way i ahve done it in the past and there are GW presedents this orientation.

AndrewGPaul
20-04-2010, 10:22
In the Blood Angels codex, there is a Rhino with the Chapter logo facing with the drop 'dripping' towards the rear of the tank. In the Ultramarines Chapter picture in the Space Marine's codex, all the unit markings on the Rhinos are set so that the tops point towards the front of the vehicles.

So, for all the examples I can find, the top of the icon points towards the front of the vehicle.

I could have sworn it was the other way round. I'll need to look more closely at the Codex.

Huh. Ignore my post; option 2 seems to be the way the official miniatures are done.

Keebrev
20-04-2010, 12:44
plus the unit markings are all orientated as nr 2. Would be a bit silly to have the tactical arrow poit to the rear.

The Marshel
20-04-2010, 12:49
option 2 i think. makes the tank seem to be pointing forward, as opposed to option 1 which generally puts the focus to the rear portion of your tank.

Arbiter7
20-04-2010, 13:22
Option 2 definitely.