PDA

View Full Version : HPA release?

Garion
20-04-2010, 10:40
Does anyone know when the HPA is going to be released or have any ideas of what it is going to look like?

Col. Dash
20-04-2010, 13:10
Whats an HPA? High Powered Amplifier? High Potential Antenna?

Sand
20-04-2010, 13:32
Hochland Pale Ale, obviously. They're going into the brewing business.
I heard the slogan is going to be "Nothing steadies your aim like a Hochland Pale Ale".

Seriously though, he probably means Hellpit Abomination :shifty:

moose
20-04-2010, 13:32
Hellpit abomination, a skaven rare unit. I doubt there will be one produced soon.

The best option is to convert one, there are millions of posts, pictures and ideas around warseer.

Moose.

Grand Warlord
20-04-2010, 13:33
HPA or Hell Pit Abomination I do believe. I don't think they are making a model anytime soon I think it's one of those models where they leave it to the player to make themselves... I think.

baphomael
20-04-2010, 14:03
Hochland Pale Ale, obviously. They're going into the brewing business.
I heard the slogan is going to be "Nothing steadies your aim like a Hochland Pale Ale".

Seriously though, he probably means Hellpit Abomination :shifty:

Well, if you go to WHW you can already get a pint of Bugman's XXXXXX.

Its alright, nothing special. I dunno why Bugman got so upset about it.

Nuada
20-04-2010, 14:42
Yeah try converting one

Davo
20-04-2010, 15:09
HPA or Hell Pit Abomination I do believe. I don't think they are making a model anytime soon I think it's one of those models where they leave it to the player to make themselves... I think.

I hate the idea of this. I don't expect a release straight away, I don't even expect a release soonish but I dislike the idea that what is primarily a miniatures company may just decide not to release models at all for units that are part of their rules structure.

Some of us do our best with the modelling and painting aspect of the hobby but are just not naturally skilled enough to make anything like a decent conversion of such a unit.

As a new Beastmen player it irritates me that our new monsters may simply never get released.

moose
20-04-2010, 15:13
As a new Beastmen player it irritates me that our new monsters may simply never get released.

The accountant in me tells me it's because they will make alot more in you buying, combining, and converting several monsters/units into one - than buying one 30 monster.

Sucks I know.

Moose.

Malorian
20-04-2010, 15:17
Does anyone know when the HPA is going to be released or have any ideas of what it is going to look like?

As far as I know antique stores have been selling stuffed rats for a while now... ;)

Garion
20-04-2010, 15:21
Oh well that sucks, does anyone have a picture of what it should look like? So we can make our own, or do we just have to guess the base size and scale of it?

Skipster
20-04-2010, 15:35
I was in my local GW and the other day chatting to the manager and he implied that one was in the pipeline for soon. I guess he could be talking guff but who knows...

Garion
20-04-2010, 15:37
Probably was talking guff I get told stuff like that all the time in gamesworkshop

ashc
20-04-2010, 16:03
I think GW are running a 'if its got rules then it means it will get a model' line for a while now, so I would think there would be one... eventually.

Malorian
20-04-2010, 16:41
Oh well that sucks, does anyone have a picture of what it should look like? So we can make our own, or do we just have to guess the base size and scale of it?

http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=hellpit+abomination&aq=0&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=hellpit+&gs_rfai=&start=0

Bacause it's a big mixture of creatures and warpstone it's really up to you.

moose
20-04-2010, 17:04
Although expensive and still in need of minor conversions, the FW chaos spawn, and FW giant spined beast - are great starting points if you struggle with this kind of project.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/DAEMONS_AND__BEASTS?filter_reset=1

Moose.