PDA

View Full Version : New Products out of stock.. yet again ?

SPYDER68
20-04-2010, 17:09
Just noticed the new Sanguinary guard is sold out and restock date is unknown..

and of course this happened with Tyranids to..

MystheDevourer
20-04-2010, 17:15
Well duh, the Hive Guard are just to Bad A$* and the Guard look AMAZING!!!! and people are woking on conversions and such.

Sadly I have not gotten a hold of a set yet but I will. . . oh I will. . . after i get my Baal Preds Rolling. . . I love my Baal Preds. . . .

SPYDER68
20-04-2010, 17:16
Either way... its complete fail by Games workshop.

MystheDevourer
20-04-2010, 17:20
Not really. You have to look at it this way, there are maybe a million + players of Warhammer 40k, some collect, some play , and most do both. I know personally 10 people who started their first army as Blood Angels and so it is not surprising to me that they have gotten the Guard.

Now out of 1,000,000+ players how many are bandwagon jumpers? How many have played Blood Angels for years? How many are starting their first army as Blood Angels?

Now ask yourself who would they play the Guard?
1) Because they look AMAZING! ?
2) Because they are strong?
3) Because they provide AMAZING conversion possibiliteis
4) Because they come with an Infernus Pistol and Hand Flamer arms?

NeoMonolith
20-04-2010, 17:21
Ball predators?

That sounds dangerous.

Lord Damocles
20-04-2010, 17:21
Out of stock where?

They seem to be available on the UK website.

dragonet111
20-04-2010, 17:32
Not surprising they look great. Just bought mine I wasn't sure to play that unit but the minis are so good that now I must play them.:D

Thud
20-04-2010, 17:34
I've bought four boxed sets and two blisters so far, with two more boxed sets and two more blisters on the way, just because the models are so cool.

Grimtuff
20-04-2010, 17:36
Ball predators?

That sounds dangerous.

BAAL actually.

AFnord
20-04-2010, 17:36
Well, this is one of these units that people initially will buy a lot of. It's a new unit type, and as it's a good unit, most people who play BA will get one or two boxes of these babies. GW can't simply make a lot more of these, as it would require additional molds. Creating additional molds would not make a whole lot of sense for GW, as they won't be able to maintain the high rate of sales for these models. One could argue that GW should have started producing these earlier, but then again, storage space costs money, and we don't actually know when they were done with their molds.

NeoMonolith
20-04-2010, 17:38
"I love my Ball Preds. . . . "

Ball predators.
They predate balls.

Grimtuff
20-04-2010, 17:46

Ball predators.
They predate balls.

Humour fail.

Once again, it is spelt BAAL. As in, the Blood Angel's home planet.

Gleep
20-04-2010, 17:55

Ball predators.
They predate balls.

and don't forget the Rare Spiky Ball Predators that went over to Chaos for play time :D

back on track all the local GW stores have a few of everything in stock, and GW UK web site is still quoting 24 dispatch, so were are you in the world that has run out ?

Gleep

SPYDER68
20-04-2010, 18:01
It would be different if the unit was actually good :p

I just bought the set to make my characters.

yay for ebay at least.

Dio´Ra
20-04-2010, 18:05
Back on topic,

I wouldn't say it's fail that GW sold out on their stock, I would say it's a major succes! they have plenty of storage space now and made a hefty profit as they actualy sold everything they made so far!

And it's not like they are going to lose the potential buyers who are waiting for the next stock, GW knows you guys are going just to wait for them...so GW made some superb quality products when the demand is higher than the offer...

I think this will be a good year for GW, their plastic kits are getting so amazing!

Tae
20-04-2010, 18:13

Not really, complete fail by GW would be for them to make so much of the stuck that they could never, ever shift it.

In fact, selling out of it shows that it's selling well so they can order more - which sounds pretty opposite of fail to me quite the success in fact.

Pacorko
20-04-2010, 18:20
Humour fail.

Yep. Yours, apparently.

And it's spelled "spelled"... Spelling nazi much? :rolleyes:

All I know is the moment I read "ball preds" I started laughing out loud.

What it is with the apparently mandatory mispelling of almost everything 40K? Is it really plagued with terribly young, overanxious and illiterate childr...?

O.-

Never mind.

:p

P.S.: Out of stock where, indeed? I seem to be able to order them without a prob from the U.K. store... and there a decent in a couple of Mexican stores. So... where have they run out?

MystheDevourer
20-04-2010, 18:36
Humour fail.

My bad >.> I was typing to fast once again. . . meh edit button ftw

loveless
20-04-2010, 18:40
There are still plenty of them in stores around here...I was actually a bit surprised at how many boxes of SG and DC they had.

Luck of the draw, probably.

As to calling it GW fail...well, it seems more like GW win - if they sold out, that means they were far more popular than they could have imagined. It may be a fail from our POV, but it's probably a bit of a win on the GW side. You know, that "They like us! They really like us!" mentality that seems to be less-prevalent these days when referring to GW.

SPYDER68
20-04-2010, 18:47
It would be more acceptible if their products werent such poor quality.

Last 6 hive guard i bought were all borken due to poor molds. and you could tell the molds didnt even fill right in all places.

seraphius
20-04-2010, 18:50
good thing i grabbed my 8 boxes of sanguinary guard at realease then :)

Grimtuff
20-04-2010, 18:53
And it's spelled "spelled"... Spelling nazi much? :rolleyes:

Godwin's Law FTW! Spelt/spelled (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spell) are both acceptable synonyms meaning the same thing in this case. I know it won't endear you any more to me but, heh.

BYE.

loveless
20-04-2010, 18:58

Last 6 hive guard i bought were all borken due to poor molds. and you could tell the molds didnt even fill right in all places.

Well...you could always have tried calling customer service. I've never had an issue with the service trolls at GW.

good thing i grabbed my 8 boxes of sanguinary guard at realease then :)

...you sir, are ridiculous in the most wonderful of ways.

Godwin's Law FTW!

I know it won't endear you any more to me but, heh.

BYE.

Aww, Grimtuff - do you need a hug? (I was thinking the same thing with "spell" there :p)

MystheDevourer
20-04-2010, 18:59

I have had no problems with over 15 hive Guards. (Go Custom Apoc data sheets!) So really it is the luck of the draw. Likely they were made fast likely.

Still the Sang Gurad look AMAZING!

scopedog91
20-04-2010, 20:34
I bought two new models, just so in in every game, I can put my two Baals on the table...(get it?)...
Actually, two Baals work well, as they churn out a lot of shots each...turn...

NeoMonolith
20-04-2010, 20:38
I take it you'll be using a spearhead formation?

MystheDevourer
21-04-2010, 14:52
I play 3 Baals 2 Flamestorm and 1 Assault Cannon.
Include Heavy bolters and Profit!

Shipmonkey
21-04-2010, 19:53

That doesn't make any sense. Is Apple a failure for selling out of Ipads on the day of release? Is a movie a failure if all of its showings are soldout it's opening weekend?

MajorWesJanson
21-04-2010, 21:11
Baal predators and Sanguinary Guard were sold out at all of my FLGS, and one said their distributor was out of stock as well.