PDA

View Full Version : 2k Demon general Army

Dark Lord
17-02-2006, 04:44
Greetings, i would like to try fielding a demon for once, so would very much appreciate some help in the list.

Thanks in advance!

General:

Exalted Demon, lv2, Blade Of Ether,Master Of Mortals

Sorcs:

Lv2 Chaos Sorc,mos, Power Familiar, Chaos Steed,Mos

Lv2 Chaos Sorc, Mos, Dispell Scroll, Dispell Scroll

Core:

6 Chaos Chosen Knights, Standard,Mus,Warbanner

20 Marauders,Flails,FC

20 Marauders,Flails,FC

5 Warhounds-30

5 Warhounds-30

5 Marauder Horsemen,Flails-75

Chariot Of Tzeentch-140

Special:

6 Chaos Furies-90

3 Screamers-99

Rare:

2 Fiends-150

1995 Points

10 PD,6 DD+2 Dispell Scroll

Take out one dispell scroll and give the spell familiar to the shaman for the extra slannesh spell, would this be a better idea?

And would this list be feasible against armies with two or more warmachines.?

The reason why i would like to have an exalted demon is because thus far i have not seen a need for a demon prince under 2k. Unless someone can convince me otherwise...^^

Thanks once again.

PelsBoble
17-02-2006, 17:39
Hm i always go for the spell familiar at least. Its damn good for slaanesh sorc.
Your main problem with this army is that vs heavy shootign armies you are in for a hard game. Mostly since you only have 2 units of warhounds to screen. They are pretty easy to kill and can cause panic in your marauders unless you keep them 4 inches away.

The best screen for the maruaders must be a beast herd. Also you could then swap the mortal sorc for a bray shaman to throw in this herd. The furies can screen the knight for 1 turn at least so they are good to go.

I would also suggest you add a muscian for the horsemen. They often need to flee so the rally test is crucial.

And what is your plan with the slaanesh sorc on steed? He is far better of on foot imo. As on the horse he is much easier to shoot, can be marchblocked, and only have 90 degree sight ( not that important since only 1 spell ned LoS but can be annoying).

Dark Lord
18-02-2006, 01:13
Beast herd as a cheap screen?? possible. Lets say i take a cheap unit of 5 gors and 5 ungors, that would cost me abt 55 points. What would be the optimal unit for a screen??

Revised list:

General:

Sorcs:

Lv2 Chaos Sorc,mos, Spell Familiar,Dispell Scroll

Lv2 Bray Shaman, Mos, Power Familiar

Core:

20 Marauders,Flails,FC

20 Marauders,Flails,FC

Chariot Of Tzeentch-140

Special:

6 Chaos Furies-90

3 Screamers-99

10 Beastmen- 5 gors, 5 ungors-55 pts

Rare:

2 Fiends-150

1945 Points

10 PD,6 DD+1 Dispell Scroll

Well i guess as a screen, beastmen being skirmishers and all looks good.But why would i want to stick my brayshaman in there? If the unit panicks, wouldnt that mean i have one less caster for a turn?? Well i have abt 55 points left to spend, any further suggestions??

I actually wanted to mount the sorc so that he would get a 2+ as and also be mobile enough to get within range to use his spells since slaanesh lore is kinda short range. Don't mounted characters get the look-out sir rule??

ROCKY
18-02-2006, 15:46
you mean you have 65points, your 20 marauders with flails and fc are 145not 150points. I would suggest that you mount the scorceror (-16pts) i would take the mark of slaanesh off one of your spawns which should give you about 64points and get two units of 5 hounds. (or you could possibly add or beef up your existing beastherd). Good luck.

Dark Lord
18-02-2006, 22:47
i can see the hounds being used as a deploying tatic, having more units to deploy hence opponent has to deploy his precious units first , giving me a slight advantage.

Perhaps as flankers as well,once again, does the chaos sorc get the look out sir bonus(lost my warhammer rule book) if he's mounted.Actually, i want to keep the mark of slaanesh on my spawns, due to the increase movement, i can effectively tie up his expensive units and enable my precious knights to gain the charge.

General:

Sorcs:

Lv2 Chaos Sorc,mos, Spell Familiar,Dispell Scroll,Chaos Steed

Lv2 Bray Shaman, Mos, Power Familiar

Core:

20 Marauders,Flails,FC

20 Marauders,Flails,FC

Chariot Of Tzeentch-140

5 Warhounds-30

Special:

6 Chaos Furies-90

3 Screamers-99

13 Beastmen- 7 gors, 6 ungors-73 pts

Rare:

2 Fiends-150

1999 Points

Looks better i guess, any thoughts?

Gotrri
19-02-2006, 08:50
I think you should drop the blade of ether for the Soulhunger and Diabolic Splendor combination. its very nice i discovered. the other part of the list is correct i think. happy gaming!

Dark Lord
19-02-2006, 12:59
While the 4+ ward save is very nice imo, i don't think that i would position him to be shot at.

Besides i still want the master of mortals girft.

Well, going to play this list soon in abt 3 days.. any more tips??

metro_gnome
19-02-2006, 13:58
i don't think you can mark your sorcerors like this... without a slaanesh unit in the army...

so i'll just point out that if you were to mark the daemon tzeench you would save 5 points...
without really losing anything... and that could get you another hound...
so you could properly screen your chosen knights...
were you after a specific lore?

Gotrri
19-02-2006, 15:53
a Master of mortals, Diabolic splendor and soul hunger it's 50pts ther normal ward save instead of daemonic one is useful aganist any magic users

Dark Lord
19-02-2006, 22:45
Fiends Of Slaanesh are considered to be unit marked with the lore. Is this wrong? And yes i was after a specific lore, namely the lore of slaanesh.I like all its spells.

Also if i were to mark my general, the exlated demon with tzeentch, that would mean i would have to mark my heroes with that same mark and not the lore of slaanesh.

Gotrri:Oops, my bad, yes i see what u mean by a 4+ ward save for all normal and magical missles. But i think it wold really depend on the situation, i will swap it from time to time never fear.