PDA

View Full Version : What will be the new standard unit size?

Shadow_Steed
22-04-2010, 20:11
Greetings fellow wargamers! With the 8th edition approaching it would be appropriate to prepare ourselves for the changes!

As I see it the current unit size is 20-25 units as you get all the bonuses at this size.

With the new rules, what will the new standard size be?

How many models do you intend to use in a formation?

Best regards!

langolas
22-04-2010, 20:22
I'll use as many as I have.

Which is not saying much since I only have two sets of BFSP models ;)

sorberec
22-04-2010, 20:30
Greetings fellow wargamers! With the 8th edition approaching it would be appropriate to prepare ourselves for the changes!

As I see it the current unit size is 20-25 units as you get all the bonuses at this size.

What units are you talking about? Horde infantry, elite infantry, bog-standard infantry? The only time I see a unit of over 20 of anything is when I play against Orcs and Goblins. Otherwise it can be between 7 - 18 for elite infantry or 15-20 for the bog standard infantry.

With the new rules, what will the new standard size be?

How many models do you intend to use in a formation?

Depends on what the actual changes are. I don't expect to actually change my unit sizes unless I start playing larger points level games unless the new rules give definite advantages for going larger (i.e. changing the maximum rank bonus you can get)

Condottiere
22-04-2010, 20:31
Don't know; the new rules may change perceptions of size.

Extra Large - taking full advantage of every SCR bonus, and probably at least ten wide and five deep.

Large - five plus wide and five plus deep

Medium - fifteen plus miniatures

Small - five plus