PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of War magic items

Svarten
23-04-2010, 08:58
Since DoW are limited to the sommon magic items, can you take multiple of the same item? 2 Biting Blades for example?

Think itīs a little silly having access to 100/50pts of magic items per character, if you canīt :D
//Tommy

danny-d-b
23-04-2010, 08:59
nope- other than dispel scroll/powerstones

see the rules on magic items

Condottiere
23-04-2010, 09:11
We're generally reliant on magic items that are part of RoR.

Svarten
23-04-2010, 09:32
Ok, then I know, thanks :D

I forgot my rulebook at a friends house, otherwise i would have checked there first :)

BigbyWolf
23-04-2010, 12:31
Whilst Danny and Condottiere are technically correct, it depends on the group you play in. We have a couple of occaisional DoW players in our group and house-rule that they are allowed to use multiples of the common items.

theunwantedbeing
23-04-2010, 14:51
Whilst Danny and Condottiere are technically correct, it depends on the group you play in. We have a couple of occaisional DoW players in our group and house-rule that they are allowed to use multiples of the common items.

4 mages all with staff of sorcery is legal then?

Nice house rule :rolleyes:
To be honest, vs some armies such an abuse of that house rule isn't really that abusive at all, it will level the playing field somewhat.

T10
23-04-2010, 15:15
It wouldn't be a problem since only one mage can dispel at a time.

-T10

BigbyWolf
23-04-2010, 15:17
4 mages all with staff of sorcery is legal then?

Nice house rule :rolleyes:
To be honest, vs some armies such an abuse of that house rule isn't really that abusive at all, it will level the playing field somewhat.

Lol, no, Staff of Sorcery is still limited...would be nice if it wasn't though!

I was just referring to the weapons, enchanted shield & talisman of protection.

War Banner is also limited to 0-1

Should have clarified it in the OP. ;)

Condottiere
23-04-2010, 17:51
Depends on how many slots you have available - at 2000, you'll have to minus one for the Paymaster, which will give you three.

The Talisman of Protection has yet to function for me, but multiple examples of Enchanted shield would be appreciated.

If you need a boost to your SCR, you'll have to consider Al Muktar.

someone2040
28-04-2010, 02:29
Lol, no, Staff of Sorcery is still limited...would be nice if it wasn't though!

I was just referring to the weapons, enchanted shield & talisman of protection.

War Banner is also limited to 0-1

Should have clarified it in the OP. ;)

Is the war banner really a problem? Since technically no unit can take a magic banner without one of the special characters (And commonly in tournaments they allow one unit of Pikes, Heavy Cav or Paymasters Bodyguard to take one).

I think it's an interesting concept of allowing common items to be taking multiple times in a Dogs of War army. In fact, if I was to quick patch the Dogs of War list (Other than point balancing basically all over the place and changing Pikes), I would probably do something similar and add a few more 'common' items in like Lucky Trinkets and the like.