PDA

View Full Version : Dwarfs with 8th edition

Solar_Eclipse
23-04-2010, 15:15
Yes, everyone is doing it, so im putting down another one.

Dwarfs look like they will benefit quite well with 8th edition, the way the rumours pan out.

ARMY SELECTION
Army construction is moving back to percentages.
This is looking more like 25% max characters, 25% min core, 25% max special and 25% max rare (anonymous source, but trustworthy ) The 25% characters includes mounts.

Edit. Just as I thought this part was looking certain, there have been some rumours/ sources saying 25% max characters, 25% min core, 50% max special and 15% max rare. I will edit one out as it become clear.

Categories for core/special/rare are remaining.
There *may* be something to prevent spamming...
There will be a system wide errata to clear up issues for each army.

The army selection is going to impact sometimes, since many Dwarf Heroes can eventually become quite pricey, especially stuff like the Anvil, but if there are less enemy powerhouse enemy heroes on the field, then our more elite combat troops will have nothing but gain.

NOTE: The magic rumours nobody seems to agree on, so rather than try and find what exactly the truth is I will just put here most of the theories

Edit: I've sorted out the ones that seem more likely, based on the info from an anonymous (trustworthy) source:
Power dice aren’t generated by the number of spellcasters. The pool is decided by 2D6. Magic users add their magic level to the score rolled. All Wizards have a chance to generate more power dice. - Avian
(edit: This could be 1 PD for lvl 1/2 and 2 PD for lvl 3/4).
Example: 2D6 roll gives you 3 and 6. You have 1 level 2 and 1 level 4. Power dice =9+1+2 = 12

Giving irresistible force a downside
Double 6 = a miscast
Making miscasts much more devastating.
Something rumoured is carrying over power dice, but holding too many could lead to a ‘magic backlash’. Wizard will recieve wounds or hits if he didn't use the excess power-dice (than originally allocated) at end of the turn.
All the book Lores will have more supportive spells than they have now, and will all be getting a major overhaul. Each lore to get a mega spell.
Spells can be chosen, not rolled for.

And the other rumours:
There's no limit to the number of dice used to cast a spell, by any level of caster.
If a wizard fails to cast (not counting dispels) twice in a row he miscasts
Dispel scroll only adding dispel dice (+2 dice to the dispel dice pool once per game). (edit - possibly speculation)
Dispel attempts to be made by specific wizards (presumable your casting level is beneficial for dispelling spells)
A higher chance of miscast with multiple casters.
If a wizard fail to cast a spell he can't cast other spells in the same phase.

These Magic rumours look like that with enemy wizards popping all over the place we will gain from it, but i wonder if Dwarfs will still get extra dispel dice (since that is in the rulebook if i remember right).

Stepping up. – Harry/ Avian
Basically how this works is that the second rank get to fight only if the guy in front is killed. But they only get a single attack regardless of what their profile attacks are, or what weapons they are carrying* . It is not clear yet whether they get to use special rules in addition to this or not at all (frenzy, hatred and killing blow etc). Only once there are insufficient models left to replace those that are killed in the attacking rank will the overall attacks of the unit drop.

*It has yet to be clarified exactly how models with spears get to use them.

No word on the impact for High Elves. Possibly the spearelves will fight with an additional rank.

Cavalry still only fight in 1 rank.

This is awesome, we never really relied on casualties to win combat anyway, but the more blows we can rain on them the better, right? This means that Great weapon troops apart from Hammerers might see the battlefield, since it means you will be able to still swing that huge axe around.

Fight in 3 ranks if 10+ wide (4 with spears). - Avian.
OR
Some benefit to fighting in large units, may automatically become stubborn beyond a certain unit size. – Harry - (edit) seemingly confirmed from another source).

Another edit: Seems this Horde rule may work like this:
If the unit is 10+ wide and 5 ranks deep (50+ models) the front 2 ranks may all fight, regardless of whether they are in base contact. My guess is that this is using their regular weapons (not just a hand weapon), as it would explain how people have got up to 5 ranks in combat (2 front, Spears = 3, Citizen levy = 4, Horde = 5). At this stage just another rumour.

Rank bonuses
A unit may still get up to +3 for being 5 wide. A new rumour is that they can get an additional rank bonus up to +4 for each additional model wide that they are. (awaiting confirmation, if this is true, on how it will work.

Fighting in 2 ranks
Lots of rumours are suggesting that units may all fight in 2 ranks as standard... Take with salt at this stage

This is interesting, since it means that if you so chose, you could play with massive massive blocks of Warriors gaining huge amounts of combat res. This would be an interesting playstyle to try out. But mostly its the more horde armies like Skaven, Orcs and Empire that win out here.

One Save to ruin them all!
Models will only ever get one save (be it ward, mundane or magical armour). No word yet on whether regeneration is included. From Alessio himself!

This one may hurt our Lords, famed for being so tough because of multiple saves. But a rerollable armour save and a Ward save are still pretty damn good to have just in case, so it might be worth it still.

Armour Save Modifiers
Fewer armour save modifiers

This is going to be huge. If our models survivability goes up, that can only mean good things. Dwarfs are tough already, but if the S4 -1 is removed then they have become oh so much tougher, less casualties means a better combat res.

Standard Movement
Measure the distance for the furthest moving model, and perform whatever manoeuvres you wish within that lax limitation (i.e. they all move like fast cav currently do, minus the reform). Command models will have some role to play in giving free manoeuvre as you move (Musician bonus similar to Ancient Battles?).

This is great, since it can allow Dwarfs to dodge terrain really well, which is our bane sometimes. Perhaps it might even help us to not get outflanked so much.

Charging.
An added 'bonus' of getting an 'extra' +D6 or +D3 inches of movement to your Movement range (presumably the D6 or D3 decided by the category of warrior; infantry/cavalry/ogre sized).
Edit; rumoured to be:

Movement equal to or less than 6 (and not flying):
-> Basic M value + D6

Movement equal to or more than 7 (and not flying):
-> Basic M value + 2D6

Has anyone else noticed that this kinda makes Dwarfs abit faster when they charge?

An Empire model now moves 8" when charging compared to a dwarfs 6" maximum.

Under the new rulesset the Empires maximum is 10 while the Dwarfs is 9. The gap has closed abit, meaning that there are a few more cases when a dwarf unit is able to charge an enemy.

Fire in 2 ranks as standard.
Missile units fire in two ranks (not just High Elves). - Harry & someone else. Missile units will not gain a rank when shooting from hills.

Hmmm this is good, but i wonder if it would be worth it to run Shooting units in units of 20 or more?

So, your thoughts?

grumbaki
23-04-2010, 15:25
Dwarfs will do just fine.

Heroes
* Thane with rune of stone and great weapon. 74 points. WS6 Str6 T5 AS-3+. Very cheap, really tough and puts out the hurt. Yeah, we'll do fine with the % restrictions.

* For our lords, for a mere 55pts we get immune to KB/Poison, 1+ AS with re-rolls. So for 206 points (adding a great weapon) we get a dead-hard lord, and still have points for more heroes.

Firing in two ranks
* I hate having to do ranks of 10. This will only help us.

What to look for
* If huge units get bonsus based on unit strength instead of models, then dwarfs are in luck. For 25pts we can double our unit strength, allowing us to 'go horde' without looking like less furry skaven.

Overall

8th edition does nothing to hurt us, only help us. With infantry taking a more central role and cavalry getting a debuff, us dawi will be just fine.

langolas
23-04-2010, 19:32
I don't have enough to unlearn yet (still learning 7th). And I'm playing stunties.

We'll see what pans out but if we can possibly get a 9" charge that would be great. Plus I do like playing large blocks of core units instead of a lot of special/rare/heroes. But that is me

The_Bureaucrat
23-04-2010, 20:07
I see dwarfs as benefitting the most of any army. Especially if the charge rumors are true.

-Random charge ranges will mean a lot of failed charges which means dwarves will actually get to charge. This is huge.
-Fighting in two ranks helps a lot too as dwarfs most likely strike last.
-The percentages only really hurt the anvil builds.
-Magic rumors seem to be the least comprehensive but the 2d6 system with the highest being the dispel dice seems to moderate magic quite a bit.

Condottiere
23-04-2010, 20:17
Percentages will cut down on the overall number of Spellcasters, so I doubt that a medium phase would cause much concern to Dwarves.

Zinch
23-04-2010, 20:46
I've just write this in the Dwarf tactica thread a few hours ago, but maybe here is a better place for this discusion:

Hi!
I'm rellatively new to warseer, but I've been collecting dwarfs since the 5th edition.
I've been out of the game for a while, but I know our weaknes and was thinking: will 8th edition help us?

If we have to judge on the rumours, the answer is: YES!

- Shoting in two ranks: I've been waiting for this rule for years!

- Heavy cavalry unable to march: well, we don't shine for our heavy cavalry indeed. And that could translate in a turn more of shoting against them.

- Movement like light cavalry: this will help everyone, but any help to our maneuverality is welcomed

- Fear don't cause auto-break anymore: Oh yes, my mos comon opponent plays VC, so I will enjoy this rule sooooooo much... This, again, will help any army (except VC, Tk and DoC), but the ones that always receive the charge and thus the ones more susceptible of losing the combat and break are we, the dwarfs

- Chraging a random distance (+1D6 for units moving 6" or less, +2D6 for units moving 7" or more): I don't like this rule and hope it's only a rumour, but in any case it will help us in 2 directions: with a bad roll of our opponent, its unit maybe is out of reach and if we need to charge desesperately, we will be able to declare a charge up to 9" with the hope of a good roll

- Reduction of the power of the Magic phase: Meanwhile they maintain our supernatural resistance to the magic (a thing I believe it's innegotiable), this will benefit us a lot.

I know they are all rumours, but other threads have started similar discusions, so, why don't we?

Grimstonefire
24-04-2010, 00:13
I think the ability to fight in 2 ranks (rumoured), is going to be a huge bonus for dwarfs as a whole.

Sure our units will take more hits, but heavy armour is more prevalent than most armies, and rolling for gromril means that although our troops may not cause many kills (as ever), they will survive longer than most enemies.

The movement issue is obviously a much bigger boost to us than any other army, and firing in 2 ranks with thunderers... Awesome.

A unit of 40 ironbreakers on an objective would be pretty much guaranteed to hold it I think.

Lord Malorne
24-04-2010, 00:23
The loss (rumoured) of auto break from fear will be the biggest benefit, in my area at least, as our armies consist of Dwarfs dark elves and then fear causers.

Zinch
24-04-2010, 02:46
One thing I have forgotten: if fear doesn't cause autobreak, our warmachines would be almost inbreakables! (what makes me think: what will be the diference of being stubborn and stuborn plus inmune to fear? )

Caiphas Cain
24-04-2010, 02:51
What do you mean -unbreakable- they're T4 Sv6 guys with hand weapons. Doesn't matter if they don't run away when gnoblars kill them to a man.

Zinch
24-04-2010, 03:03
But if they send a little unit of flying fearing unit, it's maybe engaged for 2-3 turns if the opponent have medium-bad rolls, what means that your other warmachines are safe for that turns...

Caiphas Cain
24-04-2010, 03:11
But if they are engaged in combat for 2-3 turns they're doing nothing. If an enemy assults a warmachine it's to prevent it from shooting. The 100 or so VPs are a bonus.

Condottiere
24-04-2010, 05:47
One thing I have forgotten: if fear doesn't cause autobreak, our warmachines would be almost inbreakables! (what makes me think: what will be the diference of being stubborn and stuborn plus inmune to fear? )Now that I think about it, that doesn't seem quite right, Fear and Terror may cause deductions even for Stubborn troops to their leadership.

Grimstonefire
24-04-2010, 14:34
Tbh I thought an area wide (cumulative) deduction to Ld is a much better solution than a CR bonus.

It's the presence of scary things thats... scary, not just getting up close and personal hacking at it with swords.

I would probably have it done this way:

"Any unit within 6" of a Fear causing unit, creature or character suffers -1 Leadership. This can be cumulative. If the Fear causing unit (minimum of one rank), character or monster are engaged in combat this is only applied to the enemy they are fighting, if they are fighting more than one unit it is applied to all of them."

"Any unit within 12" of a Terror causing creature suffers -2 Leadership. This can be cumulative. If the Terror causing creature is engaged in combat this is only applied to the enemy they are fighting, if they are fighting more than one unit it is applied to all of them."

Much simpler and easier to remember.

Lord Malorne
24-04-2010, 15:48
I agree, makes losing bad but that is only after you have lost the combat anyway, as opposed to the rumoured combat res bonus, which will make Bloodthirsters more of a threat.

Zinch
24-04-2010, 17:44
Tbh I thought an area wide (cumulative) deduction to Ld is a much better solution than a CR bonus.

It's the presence of scary things thats... scary, not just getting up close and personal hacking at it with swords.

I would probably have it done this way:

"Any unit within 6" of a Fear causing unit, creature or character suffers -1 Leadership. This can be cumulative. If the Fear causing unit (minimum of one rank), character or monster are engaged in combat this is only applied to the enemy they are fighting, if they are fighting more than one unit it is applied to all of them."

"Any unit within 12" of a Terror causing creature suffers -2 Leadership. This can be cumulative. If the Terror causing creature is engaged in combat this is only applied to the enemy they are fighting, if they are fighting more than one unit it is applied to all of them."

Much simpler and easier to remember.

I like this rule a lot, but for the god's love it cannot be cumulative!
Also, if it's nor cumulative the rule is a lot more elegant:

"Any unit within 6" of a Fear causing unit, creature or character suffers -1 Leadership"

"Any unit within 12" of a Terror causing creature suffers -2 Leadership."

"A unit can only receive one of such modifiers"

As easey as that. I like it a lot.

Borri
24-04-2010, 17:52
If charges are random then the banner that reduces the enemy charge by d6 is going to be pretty useful.

Hicks
25-04-2010, 03:43
I am really welcoming those new rules. I haven't even fielded my dwarfs yet and I can already see how the army is going to be better and more fun. I played WHFB during the pourcentages era and back then they weren't really doing anything to prevent hero and monsterhammer, but this time I think GW is really going to put out the best edition yet, as a whole and for the dwarfs.

zeebie
25-04-2010, 22:49
I'm not sure having a look at them, then don't seem to benefit dwarves that much at all. I think horde armies are going to get a big boost from them.

25% character cap means to use Anvil and T&K you need a 3000 point game, and if you want to use the king you will need atleast a 3400 point game.

Horde rules isn't that useful to us, as we won't be fielding units of 40+.
Stepping up doesn't effect us to much either, as we relied on surviving combat and winning with scr. All Stepping up means is we will get hit more.

Movement stuff looks like it will help us a bit.

then again this is all just speculation until we have seen how all the rules combine

Zinch
25-04-2010, 23:50
Stepping up will help us a lot! We are the ones who receive the charge so the probabilities that our first rank is dead when we can respond are great (remember that cavalry only strikes with the first line like now)

Also, we don't field units of 40+ now, but if the rules are so good for that kind of unit, nothing forbids us to field them! Dwarfs are not that expensive in points in fact.

For the characters 25% cap... We will be one of the armies less afected (with empire and OnG). If I don't field the anvil, I rarely put 500 points of characters in a 2000 points army. And you still can field another character alongside the anvil if you field it in 2000 points.

I don't see how a rulebook looking at aiming large blocks of infantry won't help us (I can be wrong, but I hope not! :))

Sierra117
26-04-2010, 02:20
Most of the changes appear quite sound to me. For Dwarfs especially the changes to armour modifiers, firing now in two ranks and stepping up in combat are all boons.

I'm not so fond of the change to saves, with only a single roll. It has never made a great deal of sense to me in 40K and nor does it here. If you have multiple methods of protection, you should have multiple rolls. Why should a god (ie a ward save) abandon you if you have a well made suit of armour? It has never made sence to me that in 40K a Terminator 90% obscured behind a tank (where a poorly armoured Guardsman or Ork gains a 4+ save) is just as easy to hit and kill as a Terminator standing in the open. If it's harder to hit that Guardsman or Ork, is it not also harder to hit the Terminator?

Perhaps in 40K where there are multiple saves available for basic troops it's necessary for game balance, but surely not in fantasy? For me it detracts from the feel of the game. That said I'm not sure how it will be implemented - I wouldn't mind a system where the armour and ward saves were essentially combined, ie. a ward gives a save that can't be negated, and is then modified by armour.

For example: A Dwarf Lord has 2 Runes of Iron (5+ Ward), Gromril armour (4+, or +3 in this context) and a shield (+1) - this provides a 1+ Save which can only be reduced as far as 5+ by armour save modifiers (whatever they may be in this edition). I doubt that any change of that nature in planned however, as that would drastically alter the equipment currently in the army books.

--

That's just a matter of 'feel' though. I don't forsee it breaking the game, or indeed having any significant impact upon gameplay (though it may gimp a few character builds, but only those that need gimping).

My great concern, particularly for the Dawi, is the possibly cap of 25% on Special choices. Perhaps more that any other army we rely on them in order to compose any balanced army. With a complete lack of cavalry and magic, we field blocks of elite heavy infantry and war machines en masse in order to both threaten the enemy and hold our ground.

What are we to do without them?

My current list, which is a balanced force for all comers, is split 10/40/40/10%. I field 5 blocks of fully ranked infantry (2x Warriors, 1x Longbeards, 1x Hammerers, 1x Ironbreakers) and 5 war machines (2x BT, 1x GT, 1x OG, 1x DoW Cannon). The rest is two cheap characters (a Thane general and a BSB) and a unit each of Thunderers and Quarellers.

Giving up my artillery isn't an option (with the Organ Gun already having been reduced in effectiveness - no more auto-hits), as they provide the only real killing power on the field. So that leaves the Hammerers or the Ironbreakers. Either way I lose one of my best, and most charcterful units. Why? They could hardly be characterised as over-powered or cheesy. Indeed they form the basis of any balanced Dawi list (I know I've said it before, but it needs to be emphasised).

My only real choice would be to add in more missile troops, which I refuse to do. Or duplicate units (ie Longbeards), which is just plain boring. Is it GW's intent to encourage cookie-cutter armies and dreaded gunlines (which have already been given a boost)?

Zinch
26-04-2010, 03:35
First of all, or I've been wrong for years, or Organ still autohits (I'm almost sure it autohits, it say so in the army book and there's nothing related in the FAQs or erratas)

I'm with you in the fluff of the ward saves, it doen't make sense to only have a salvation throw.
Your idea is interesting. Even in the 5th edition (when ward saves were a lot less common than now) the scale skin of the lizardmen was something similar to what you say: it was a 5+ armour save that cannot be reduced to less than 6+ (for all the saurus!). But in fact, everything that reduces the efectivenes of powerful characters is a good idea for me.

In other issue, the more seconded rumour around here is that specials will be 50% or less, so if this is true, then there's no problem fielding the 4 slots allowed.

P.S.: Nice list! But... what in the hell are you doing playing a DoW cannon in a dwarf army? ;)

alextroy
26-04-2010, 05:34
P.S.: Nice list! But... what in the hell are you doing playing a DoW cannon in a dwarf army? ;)

He would need a 5th Special Slot to put in a Dwarf Cannon :)

Zinch
26-04-2010, 05:47
I know that... but for the god's love, cut the GT or the BTs, put a Dwarf cannon and take a Flame cannon or gyro (or another OG, I love OGs!).

Taking a DoW cannon in a dwarf army is a blasphemy and I hope it explodes in your face every game! ;)

Sierra117
26-04-2010, 07:51
Haha, fair enough call - I have a few points left over so I'll upgrade the crew to Dwarfs on a game by game basis as my opponents allow (friendly play), so it's not quite as bad as it sounds :p I would run a flame cannon in place of the GT and the cannon in that Special slot, but I haven't yet worked out how to fit a 140pt war machine in for 90pts :D ;)

The Organ Gun autohits ATM, but I've heard (over at Bugman's Brewery) that autohits will be gone in 8th Ed. I assume that this downgrade will be included in the Dwarf army book FAQ/Errata to modify the unit entry :o

Ovassilias
26-04-2010, 08:12
the only negative i see is dwarf lords getting 1 save. which is good for everyone else :angel:

the rest of the rumors are giving them small boost.

-shooting in 2 ranks. check, even better for an army that can have a lot of core troops shooting.
-extra D6 on charge.check, dwarfs charging...yes we will see that.
-fighting in 2 ranks (step up).check, i think no model in this book (besides characters) has more then 1 attack in its profile, big help.
-S4 not reducing saves.check, basic core units with T4 and 3+ in combat...hmmm
-character limits.check, well besides an anvil Lord dwarfs dont need anything else, magic will be reduced so yeah we could actually see something different on the board.
-fear/terror changing.check, not like dwarfs had any problem with LD9 all around and various immunities but thats extra bonus for war machines autobraking.
-heavy cav not marching.check, no need for anvil hahahaha

all in all dwarfs will benefit from this edition if the rumors so far are true.

static grass
26-04-2010, 09:03
To go back to movement. I know that our maximum charge range has improved considerably but actually I think it is the average charge move that is yet more important here:

M4= 4+3.5=7.5 average
Dawi=3+3.5=6.5 average.

It's just an inch. So to have a better than average chance of pulling off a charge you will have to be well within our charge range. This is a much better situation than now, where m4 troops could clearly move and stop outside our charge range ready for their charge next turn.

Dorack
26-04-2010, 18:50
I also believe that 8th edition will generaly improve Dwarfs effectiveness.

As not to repeat what has been said (I agree almost 100%), I want to point out that if there are more and bigger units in the battlefield, specialy core units, all our warmachines but the Organ Gun will become more destuctive.

Also, Ironbreakers with their Gromril armor shine again!

Solar_Eclipse
29-04-2010, 17:12
Hmmm, just a thought, do you think Dwarf players will start taking missile units in the standard 10, upgrade to something like 16 or go all the way up to 20?

Because firing 20 Thunderer shots into a unit is pretty damn awesome, especially if you could reform them and gain ranks, etc.

Also, with the new magic system, who else would love the Anvil to go back to being basically a spellcaster? :P

I'd love it, im really not a fan of the simplicity of the Anvil now, it makes it seem less cool than others.

Zinch
29-04-2010, 18:51
Well, being core, I will field two units of 10 missile dwarfs and not a unit of 20. You can divide shots and are a lot harder to annul.

For the anvil, I'd wait to know exactly how the magic phase is ruled (the rumours are very vague) to decide, but I swear for a pair more of runes (every army has 6 spells at least but our anvil only has "3") and a change to the ancestral powers (I thinks would be better a weaker power but safer than now)

Grimstonefire
29-04-2010, 19:12
I'm inclined to agree with Zinch

Sure you'd be able to take charges better, but in terms of shooting you gain nothing by having 2 units of 10 instead of one unit of 20.

Units like that are pretty much dead anyway if they get into combat, so you'd be better having the ability to split fire.

Aside from the movement bonus for dwarfs, I think combat heavy Dwarf armies are going to be much more common in 8th because of having decent armour.

Most dwarf warmachines will be better in 8th imo. Except possibly the gyro, as it will probably be weaker in combat now against enemies fighting in 2 ranks.

CaliforniaGamer
29-04-2010, 20:12
Dwarves will do very well in 8th edition if all the rumours are to be believed.
Better than WoC because along with heavily armored T4 infantry blocks, they will have gun support to back it up.

Overall, Dwarves may actually be the book that benefits the most from the proposed 8th ed (even moreso than the high Init HE/DE) even though they have relatively crappy initiative values.

Malorian
29-04-2010, 20:34
Sure you'd be able to take charges better, but in terms of shooting you gain nothing by having 2 units of 10 instead of one unit of 20.

Units like that are pretty much dead anyway if they get into combat, so you'd be better having the ability to split fire.

Put shields on either the thunderers or the quarrellers and they do just fine in combat.

A nice trick with them is to fire one last time before combat and then use the anvil to reform into a combat ready block.

Zinch
29-04-2010, 21:24
Well, that's a trick I didn't think of... maybe because I don't field units of 20 thunderers for the current shoting rules... ;)

Solar_Eclipse
30-04-2010, 03:09
Oh and the rumours have changed that maybe its only models with Bows that get to shoot in 2 ranks.

Bugger.

Dark14
30-04-2010, 03:31
with no partials and more inf units/bigger block flame cannons are looking mighty good.

Dorack
30-04-2010, 16:43
I find that 5x2 missile units with shields will make excellent detachment-like units tomplace between your big infantry blocks. Throw a Great Weapon at those thunderers and they are really punching!

As for the Anvil, I´m all for it moving to higher points game, just like Dragons and other "epic" elements. The only thing I hope for is that it cannot explode by itself unless the planets are aligned in a special way or something as unlikely as that. It is completely against fluff that such ancient artifacts that served the Dwarfs for ages past simply explode every odd battle. Please GW, make the AoD awesomly expensive and powerful, or the other way around, but whatever you do, please make it reliable!

Tactical Retreat!
30-04-2010, 17:35
I'm pumped about the 8th edition changes. I've stopped playing fantasy altogether since the latest slew of insane books came out, but with these new rules I might bring my dwarf throng out to the field again and axe me some elfs.

Pretty much all the rule changes are good for us in one way or another. To be fair that's what our army is needing, but still.

Zinch
01-05-2010, 01:26
Oh and the rumours have changed that maybe its only models with Bows that get to shoot in 2 ranks.

Bugger.

Not, they didn't. Recheck again. What have changed are the rumours about longbows, but they are added, not replace the initial rumour (it's in the shoting section).

Also, rumours about the command rules have been added. I like them a lot, because I don't like the random charge distance at all, but repeating the roll and adding 1 to the result, is a very reliable way of scoring 4+. I'm not saying this will help us, but as I don't like movement to be random, I like that are ways of doing it a lot more average. And I like that this encourages to take full commands in almost any unit, the way it shoukd be.

Solar_Eclipse
01-05-2010, 02:43
Well i take full commands anyway, but that change means it might be less useful to take units such as Slayers, unless you want to take points on a musician and Standard, i guess.

Dorack
11-05-2010, 10:57
Do you guys think that HW+Sh will still be the top choice, or GW are going to be more common? The rummors seem to boost both choices... Your thoughts?