PDA

View Full Version : Gamers, Manchester, UK

Cragum
26-04-2010, 00:21
Right im new to manchester and yet to have a game in the loverly large store they run in the center.
I was wondering if i could find out if there is anyone who plays fantasy in the Machester / Salford area?
Im currently at Salford uni so anyone from there twud be ace to know what you playing as and shizzle!

cheers & loverly

Cragum

danny-d-b
26-04-2010, 07:42
I'm not sure on the genral manchester area but if you don't mind a 40 min train ride- glossop (platform 2 picadiliy) do a gaming club alternate saturdays

Cragum
26-04-2010, 11:48
I'm not sure on the genral manchester area but if you don't mind a 40 min train ride- glossop (platform 2 picadiliy) do a gaming club alternate saturdays

What kind of sized games do you run?

danny-d-b
26-04-2010, 12:26
usually rangers from 1500 points to 2000 though occisianly bigger- I belive there is a club on this weekend, I'm not aturally there at the moment I'm at uni, but I can find out if you wish

the club is held at the labour club near the market, about 10-15 mins walk from the train station, it starts around 12:30 and is finished for about 4:30

as I'm nice I'll do you a little map
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=jgi&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=google%20maps&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

farnham
26-04-2010, 12:38
The Guys at the Manchester store use the following forums http://www.flameon.co.uk/, I used to potter down for the veterans night, though a hour on the bus is too long after work.

Cragum
26-04-2010, 13:15
The Guys at the Manchester store use the following forums http://www.flameon.co.uk/, I used to potter down for the veterans night, though a hour on the bus is too long after work.

your an hour on bus? where bouts in salford u at? near the opposite to manchester? cause im near to salford crescent station so its essentially a few minutes for me to manchester on train.

what night does vets night run?

Eigolas
26-04-2010, 13:42
Fantasy vets night is Wednesdays. Not been in a while though and I should really start going in again, lol.

Cragum
26-04-2010, 14:35
Fantasy vets night is Wednesdays. Not been in a while though and I should really start going in again, lol.

what army you using?
how many points i vet night btw?

Wintermute
26-04-2010, 15:06
Doesn't Salford Uni have a gaming club/society you could join?

If not you could always enquire about the Manchester gaming society club, called Vague.

Cragum
26-04-2010, 15:42
Doesn't Salford Uni have a gaming club/society you could join?

If not you could always enquire about the Manchester gaming society club, called Vague.

Well when i started here at threshers i did enquire but got no dice out of it, i know a couple lads in my housing area who do play a smidge of the ole nerdhammer but none of them have fantasy armies, or if they do are half way across britain... or newcastle... :evilgrin:

Im hoping this thread gets more people in manchester and salford notcigin that people will want games so can get myself a few while im up here.

Eigolas
26-04-2010, 16:23
what army you using?
how many points i vet night btw?

It's either Dark Elves or Warriors of Chaos, depending on what takes my fancy really but more often than not it's the Dark Elves (mostly because they're actually painted, lol).

Vet's night is 2,000 points.

Wintermute
26-04-2010, 18:18
Well when i started here at threshers i did enquire but got no dice out of it, i know a couple lads in my housing area who do play a smidge of the ole nerdhammer but none of them have fantasy armies, or if they do are half way across britain... or newcastle... :evilgrin:

Im hoping this thread gets more people in manchester and salford notcigin that people will want games so can get myself a few while im up here.

Sorry I meant to the Manchester Uni Gaming society called Vague. It was formed when UMIST merged with Manchester Uni.

Cragum
26-04-2010, 19:14
Sorry I meant to the Manchester Uni Gaming society called Vague. It was formed when UMIST merged with Manchester Uni.

You manchester folk yourself by the sounds of all this chat? :evilgrin:

Wintermute
27-04-2010, 06:56
You manchester folk yourself by the sounds of all this chat? :evilgrin:

No I'm not but I know people who are involved with Vague and who helped them organise last year's Student Nationals in Manchester.

farnham
27-04-2010, 15:22
your an hour on bus? where bouts in salford u at? near the opposite to manchester? cause im near to salford crescent station so its essentially a few minutes for me to manchester on train.

what night does vets night run?

I'm only about 4 to 6 miles out of Manchester, though the public transport through Salford from where i work takes a age, should be driving soon(TM).

Salford Uni had a Gaming group while i was there, never joined though. I miss the top floor Newton building :cries: