PDA

View Full Version : Wierd messed up things you have done in a game

phoenixguard09
26-04-2010, 04:32
So what have you done in a game that has raised eyebrows?

These can be tactical blunders or just wierd things you have done.

Myself I accidentally commanded my Bretonnians to charge at a tournament. Everyone is just minding their own business when suddenly, "FOR THE LADY AND THE KING!", rings out from the back table. :D

TheSanityAssassin
26-04-2010, 04:57
I went to the 'Ard Boyz preliminaries last year very shortly after badly injuring my back, so was VERY messed up on perks....needless to say I lost my first game by zoning out and skipping my last movement phase.....

The guy I lost to ended up winning the event, and I finished 4th and didn't manage to move on... =(

ftayl5
26-04-2010, 06:18
hmmm... when my large unit of Ironguts charged a unit of chaos warhounds, who fled (duh) and left my ironguts to be charged in the flank by some chaos knights and teh fornt by 12 warriors...

After the game my opponent asked me wtf I wwas thinking and I said my tyrant doesnt like dogs.

The other thing was engaging in a loud, violent, verbal outburst in the middle of a tournament when my Butcher miscast on turn 1, rolling a 1 in the butcher miscast table(miscaster dies, all other butchers take D3 wounds), and casuing the death of my only other butcher( who had taken a wound already by casting trollguts). Leaving me with 2 dispel dice and no scrolls against a magic heavy VC army.

ChaosVC
26-04-2010, 08:16
I was so proud of my Tzeentch chosen warriors for being invulnerable to magic and shooting that in about 3 phases that I unconsiously expose the unit to a combine charge for 2 heavy cavalry, one on the flank and one on the front...I go bleh as I realized this the very moment I finish my turn...Brain meltz...

Cragum
26-04-2010, 09:22
i once put my skaven doomwheel on the very side of the battlefield as to keep it away from zzapping my own army in the first few turns that i completely zonked myself with rolling a misfire and shooting straight of the table edge in the the very first turn...

Also have once had a unit of 3 trolls slowly ponder forwards through a whole game forward in a straighline due to stupidity and walk from one side of the battlefield to other till off the board...
that one hurt.

tmarichards
26-04-2010, 11:46
I've forgotten my shooting phase on 2 separate occasions...

(I play magic/shooty DEs)

santso
26-04-2010, 11:50
hmm i think most stupid thing i did was charging 6 wild riders on great eagle, which fled and left flank open for dragon princes which charged went trhought wild riders and continued unit where my spellweaver was and wiped it out :D

Minsc
26-04-2010, 12:03
Ontop of my head:

I played Ogres against a Empire player, who was shooting his cannon against a scraplauncher.
However, he rolled 10" for the overshoot, and 10" for bounce, and hit his own Waraltar and cracked it, it was hilarious.

StormCrow
26-04-2010, 12:41
Stupidest thing I've done in a while was leaving my heirophant out in the open where a unit of pegasus knights had clear line of sight to him. The saving grace came in the form of a failed fear check!
Come to think of it I did almost the exact same thing again recently but replace pegasus knights with gutter runners. Again I should have paid the price except another failed fear check saved me the embarrasment.

Probably my best though would be the numerous times I've placed my dark elf sorceress too close to the ring of hotek...occassionally emphasised by my opponent carrying the tricksters pendant :(

outbreak
26-04-2010, 12:50
last turn of a match with my skaven vs daemons. We were pretty close i was maybe just ahead. I had a unit of clanrats with my grey seer and an engineer had the joined the unit and they were about 15" away from a unit of daemonettes. For some reason i was tired and not thinking i thought the daemonettes movement was lower then it was and moved my unit forward thinking what the hell it'll make sure my spells are in range and i can defantly throw out some template spells. He ends up charging me on his last turn, i flee, get chased down i lose the game :(

Alltaken
26-04-2010, 16:14
My worst possible idea whas: yeah I'll choose run as charge reaction from those black guards and that nasty vampire lord on abyssal terror. My EOTG goes: Cool story bro!
have no idea how I forgot stuborn. Stupid dino

Awilla the Hun
26-04-2010, 16:59
I once hummed The British Grenadier whilst marching my (massed infantry merged platoon based) Imperial Guard towards the enemy. The best point was when they halted, presented lasguns, and unleashed massed, point blank volleys of platoon lasgunfire at the incoming hordes of Genstealers, gaunts, Broodlords etc-and crowning it all with a final bayonet charge against a Carnifex, running the brute through on cold steel!

As for Fantasy, I usually have one each game. Actually, I usually have one each time I mention the Red Guards and ham it up. (i.e. always.) For example, last Thursday:

AWH, to opponent: Well, good luck with that Chaos list. The working classes will beat you anyway!

Onlooker: *snort*

And the argument about just how the Knights/Commissars get away with getting all the best equipment (answer: It is proven by science that the brainworkers of the Red Guards function better when they haven't had an axe through the head. Therefore, they need all this armour and suchlike!)

Urgat
26-04-2010, 17:06
Ah, I have a nice one, I deliberatly declared a charge with my trolls on something (black knights iirc) knowing that they would be flank-charged by a large unit of zombies the next turn. I flattened the knights, sure, but the trolls lost, fled, and never rallied iirc (was a long time ago). And there was no rush, I could have dealt with those knights later, or even let them charge and get in the way of the zombies, but no, there was that little voice in my head saying "charge! charge! charge!"... and then... I wielded to the Voice.
And then my gobs were left to fend for themselves, ahaha, I don't remember, but I'm sure I won, yeah, seriously :p

Ethriel
27-04-2010, 02:23
Taking my High Elf Lord on Griffon with the Null Stone and placing him right in the middle behind my unit of White Lions and unit of Swordmasters, both of which contained mages and magic items. The Swordmasters then proceeded to get shot/magicked to death. (They had the -1 to hit from shooting and the 2+ward save magic items on them, Stupid Null stone affecting everyone)

Feefait
27-04-2010, 03:27
I was playing LM versus Orcs and was a bit bored with traditional set up. I expected a bunch of stone throwers so for some stupid reason I lined all my Saurus up in single file across the table and then spent 2 turns getting them back into standard formation when I found he had no stone throwers but had brought Grimgor. i got tabled. :)

Ramius4
27-04-2010, 03:43
Also have once had a unit of 3 trolls slowly ponder forwards through a whole game forward in a straighline due to stupidity and walk from one side of the battlefield to other till off the board...
that one hurt.

Heh... Did you play a 12 turn game then? You do realize that failing their stupidity the Trolls would only move 3" each time right?

Dark14
27-04-2010, 07:29
daemons vs beastmen turn 1 i go first fly my GD of Tzeentch first behind a forest with LOS to one unit the super heard. Magic I cast bolt of change killing 11 of them they fail panic and ran off the board. It was a 1000pt unit apparently and had all char's. First turn on magic phase game was called only really moved one guy and it was the first spell.

Urgat
27-04-2010, 08:50
Heh... Did you play a 12 turn game then? You do realize that failing their stupidity the Trolls would only move 3" each time right?

And they wouldn't leave the battlefield anyway. Can't do so unless you're pursuing/fleeing.

Hrokka `Eadsplitter
03-05-2010, 14:03
Well, I actually have a book of Grudges... I usually sit and write in it during my games, and before games I read up grudges which have to be settled:D
And I once called a daemonette army for pink-painted strippers...

Agnar the Howler
03-05-2010, 14:12
Once I plonked my EotG between a unit of empire swordsmen, a large unit of knights + grandmaster and right in front of a cannon, thinking "Ha! If Burning Alignment doesn't kill them, then Terror will!". I promptly failed the range on Burning Alignment, everyone passed their terror checks and it was only once the cannon killed my stegadon that I realised I could've charged the swordsmen and done everything I needed to at the same time as being safe from cannon shots AND being able to do impact hits...

I reclaimed a little dignity thanks to my Slann casting a spirit of the forge on his large unit of knights + GM, who, despite using all his MR dice and several dispel dice, failed the meet the roll i'd made to cast the spell, and watched as I rolled 12 hits that saw every single one of his knights melt into a large puddle of empire mess.

rtunian
03-05-2010, 14:53
once, i hastily fled from a charge with my boar chariot, foolishly thinking it would go a different direction than what it actually had to go, and so sent it through three of my own units before popping out on the other side... off the table. that was a facepalm moment

highelfmage
03-05-2010, 16:38
the dumest thing i did was that i thought i could beat a all khorne daemon army with 3 flesh hounds and 2 units of max flamers with 4 heralds with 0+ save. i had a mage hiding in the woods at the end of the game.

Arkfatalis
03-05-2010, 17:00
I have applied armour save modifiers to ward saves just because I wasn't really paying attention.

Gammalfarmor
04-05-2010, 05:41
Forgetting that my inner circle knights have an armour save.
Yes I was that tired :P

nobsb
04-05-2010, 06:30
I shot Flickering Fire at the Lizard General that had the mirrored shield and was riding a carnasaur. Before I rolled my dice the Lizard player told me what the item did and even gave me the opportunity to pick another target. I said no I'm good. I proceeded to cast it at 7 str 7 hits.... bye bye lvl 4

Dantès
05-05-2010, 01:57
the dumest thing i did was that i thought i could beat a all khorne daemon army with 3 flesh hounds and 2 units of max flamers with 4 heralds with 0+ save. i had a mage hiding in the woods at the end of the game.

I've done this. 7 times. Beat him on the 8th.

So I guess it wasn't the dumbest thing ever...you learn from your mistakes :p

jayzerus
05-05-2010, 02:22
Here's one:

I charged my unit of 9 knights of the realm with banner of chalons at a unit of waywatchers + lord 1" deep in some woods starting at 8" from my unit (total of 10" away). I remember daring him to roll a 3 on his flee reaction.

He rolled a 3.

Hive Mind 33
05-05-2010, 18:28
One empire wizard, level 4 power stone and wizards staff, or the other one that lets him use an extra dice. Rolled eight dice in a 3000 point game against Temple guard and a slann, no double ones, went off on a 42. Weirdest thing i have done so far.
or

vinush
05-05-2010, 21:05
Mine had to be firing the Hellstorm Rocket Battery so close to my own troops. It scattered, hit my General's unit, caused them to panic and flee from the table on my first turn...

Much hilarity ensued... Not!

THE \/ince

Malorian
05-05-2010, 21:10
In the last LM book I charged a stegadon into a steam tank, did impact hits but no wounds, but since I did impact hits to the stank it did impact hits back as per stank rules!

I lose a few skinks and a wound to the steg and promptly run away.

All the stank had to do in his turn was to move at me to keep me running off the board...

I've never forgotten that special rule again :D

Staszee
05-05-2010, 21:18
It happened to me(kind of) when playing my fellow in warhammer who was pretty new to the hobby. So it was his first, maybe second, game. I remember he was playing lizardmen, i was with dwarfs or something like that. The weird thing was that, second turn, he charged his chameleon skinks into my 4 ranked unit of hammerers. Well, all i can say, it wasn`t pretty, however, i laughed soooo much.

langolas
05-05-2010, 22:04
My first (and only game) was dwarves vs Dark elves.

I had unit of warriors charge a unit of his cavalry. They escaped but I rolled high enough (about 9") to charge into his hydra. After a round of combat with the hydra it fled and that same unit charged it down. 10".

the game went down hill after that when his heavy cav hit my other unit of warriors, but I did take some victory there.

Troah
06-05-2010, 01:56
I (Bretonnia) forgot to pray the first turn, forgot all about lance formation, forgot I had the Green Knight (I forget him all the time), and I forgot I had flaming bowmen instead of just normal ones....was the worse game ever against Wood Elves...

Lord Dan
06-05-2010, 04:50
I've done this. 7 times. Beat him on the 8th.

So I guess it wasn't the dumbest thing ever...you learn from your mistakes :p

...and then other times you just roll enough dice, such is the case with most games against uber-daemon armies.

Stumpy
06-05-2010, 05:04
Recently, it would be electing to pursue with a scar-veteran where it was blatantly obvious I was going to get flanked by a unit of orcs.

Best one in the past... charging skink skirmishers into ogres with the intention of getting insane courage, and doing it :D

ftayl5
06-05-2010, 09:30
Most recently; forgetting a) both my dispel scrolls, b) that my Grave Guard had the BOTB (which, looking back may have caused me not to kill a helf Noble), c) forgetting to field the 2 corpse carts that were in my list :(

Desert Rain
06-05-2010, 14:13
Forgetting that I had the Banner of Sorcery for 3 turns against Daemons :(

kaubin
06-05-2010, 15:16
This one is my opponents but i'm stealing it. I was playing night goblins vs Daemons, and he had brought a tooled up Greater Daemon of Tzeentch, and was flying it around, trying to get good targets for his spell, and flew it right in the middle of 3 blocks of night goblins, in range for 2 of them, and ate 6 fanatics. Some 20-30 impact hits later a third of his army bit the dust, and the goblins actually managed to table the daemons by turn 4 :D Some nice luck there in shooting the fanatics, but it was hilarious!

Lord Kalhadron
06-05-2010, 16:45
I killed a full 30man pikemen unit with a mortar shot once =), good times.

Oh and I once shot 20 rxb shots on a unit of minotaurs hitting on fives, scored 19 hits but no wounds

GuyLeCheval
06-05-2010, 18:12
I (Bretonnia) forgot to pray the first turn, forgot all about lance formation, forgot I had the Green Knight (I forget him all the time), and I forgot I had flaming bowmen instead of just normal ones....was the worse game ever against Wood Elves...

That wins the thread. Congratz ;)

Desert Rain
06-05-2010, 19:02
I forgot that I had Valour of Ages when I'm playing Dark Elves, it could have changed a game I had yesterday if my RBT and Mage hadn't ran off the board in turn 3.

ushabti1
25-07-2010, 10:24

Myself I accidentally commanded my Bretonnians to charge at a tournament. Everyone is just minding their own business when suddenly, "FOR THE LADY AND THE KING!", rings out from the back table. :D

Well I challenged my opponent when I was using my Vampire counts I had a single surviving skeleton warrior from a unit of 15 up against a loin chariot. The skeleton was the last model left standing in my force so I put a proposal forward to my opponent if the skeleton survived the onslaught of the loin chariot I would win the game and he could kill it he would win the game. So long story short I won the game thanks to some ****** rolling on my opponents behalf.

Oh and did I mention my opponent was Pheonixguard09.

cheers

ushabti1
25-07-2010, 10:41

Once a pon a time about 1 week ago I was at my local GW, witch is NOT very local about 30 minutes drive away. I was playing a dark elf player at a tournament half way through the day I started to command my high elves by yep you guessed it speaking in elvish. And I even had an argument with my arch mage witch nearly got me kicked out of the store. We were trying to diced of witch spell to cast he wanted to cast fury of khaine on an night goblin unit and I was trying to convince him to cast flames of the Phoenix on them instead. Twit!

I did this for the rest of the day and all of my opponents were like:wtf:

Cheers

RunepriestRidcully
25-07-2010, 10:52
I issued a challenge with my Saurus Oldblood who had Gambler's Armour, Blade of Revered Tzunki and potion of speed against an ogre Tyrant, who it turned out, had a weapon that made him I:10 he took my oldblood down to 1w, my oldblood fluffed his attacks, and the tyrant did his stomp attack, caused one wound, and I passed my armour save on it, but as I did so I made a "Clang" sort of noise,then next turn the tyrant fluffed his attacks and I took him down to 2W, in futur I will drop the potion of speed and give my Oldblood a shield, would have prevented him losing those 2 Wounds.

Waagghh_Logan
25-07-2010, 10:56
i once charged my orc big boss with the iron nashas (killing blow) woth about 100 points into archron, i rolled a 6 for killing blow and archron failed all his ward saves.

By god my friend was ********* after that :D

Duke Dev
11-09-2010, 03:23
the weirdiest thing that has happen to me is my Grail kinghts kill by Bat swam :cries:

Tzeentch Lover
11-09-2010, 03:35
Actually declaring a charge with my Gnoblar Fighters. :p

Another one was not being able to kill an Old-blood on his own with 6 rounds of Flickering Fire, Infernal Gateway, and Blood-Curdling roar. I slaughtered the rest of his army, but the son of gun had a +1 armor save, +4 ward, and the Dawn stone. I only got him down to one wound.
It would have been funny if it was not the silly Watchtower scenario during a 1k point tournament. :wtf:

kormas
11-09-2010, 04:18
well my biggest facepalm moment is when i didnt see a big rock that was in my deployment zone...and proceded to deploy my knights behind it...i then realized that first turn and promptly moved them to be side on to a bolt thrower...you guessed it, 5 dead chaos knights. my opponent was rather shocked, and i was still wondering how that big rock had appeared in my deployment zone...

another time was when a tooled up unit of black knights charged a unit of 20 slaves...and were killed over a series of turns. (my unit cost around 700pts, his was only 40...)

Gammalfarmor
11-09-2010, 09:05
I dunno, thought I could make a glorious charge with my IC knights against 20 repeatercrossbowmen when I faced the dark elves. Turns out I was wrong.

Shield of Freedom
11-09-2010, 09:24
Once a pon a time about 1 week ago I was at my local GW, witch is NOT very local about 30 minutes drive away. I was playing a dark elf player at a tournament half way through the day I started to command my high elves by yep you guessed it speaking in elvish. And I even had an argument with my arch mage witch nearly got me kicked out of the store. We were trying to diced of witch spell to cast he wanted to cast fury of khaine on an night goblin unit and I was trying to convince him to cast flames of the Phoenix on them instead. Twit!

Cheers

...and everyone on this forum were like :wtf:

In 7th edition, I missed judged the charge distance of a High Elf spearman unit. They charged my Pegasus knights, beat them, and destroyed them with pursuit. My Knights Errant, a full 15 models strong failed their panic check and fled off the the table. My entire right flank was gone... turn 2.

5 Pegasus Knight + full command = 305 points
15 Knigts Errant + full command = 321 points

626 points in a 2250 army destroyed by two failed leadership tests, a bad flee distance roll (3d6 vs 2d6 and he rolled higher!), and the lore of metal spell that made my weapons crap in the combat against the spear elf unit.

Ouch...

ospriet
11-09-2010, 12:14
The funniest one I've seen was my friend's skaven playing my other friend's high elves. He shot enough Ellyrion Reavers on the first turn to force a panic check, which they duly failed and legged it home. They were followed by two bolt throwers, a unit of archers, a unit of silver helms, and a unit of spearmen with a mage in it.

3 Reaver knights lost an entire battle on turn one.... high elf player's face was a picture :D

Oglog
11-09-2010, 17:18

Cheers

sure you're not speaking elvish anymore?

sorry that was harsh dude. my spelling and grammar is also poor.:)

DenWhalen
11-09-2010, 18:27
Back during 7th edition, I designed a unit of 12 Chaos Knights to include a trio of characters (all Tzeentch). I gave the Knights the Mark of Tzeentch for the ward save and figured that with 2 ranks and a 6+ ward save, my characters would be safe. Then I thought, "Extra attacks would be great!" and I gave them frenzy via the Banner of Rage.

I watched them get baited into attacking a tiny unit of goblin spider riders (which they ate alive) and overrunning into a wall. Then my opponent flank charged me with another tiny unit, somehow managed three wounds on five attacks (denying me attacks back), and sent my deathstar running... but not far enough. He caught me and I watched well over half of the points in my list disappear.

On turn 3.

Good times.

Jind_Singh
12-09-2010, 07:16
Itchy Bum (He's the lead gobbo for my Spear Chukka, his model is actually itching his bum) kept missing his shots for about 3 turns - with a nasty hydra running at my lines! I told him he only had one more chance or dat wuz it! He needed a 3+ to hit....rolled a meh 1!
I then took him, his crew, and the war machine of the battlefield and sent them home - my opponent thought it was hilarious!
But he stopped laughing when I gleefully told him that my other spear chukka was bossed by 'Bulls Eye' who chucked a bolt from long range, hit, and caused 3 wounds which the Hydra failed to regen!
In recognition of his deeds I did actually paint a bulls eye target on his belly!!

Zogash
12-09-2010, 11:16
Declaring 'Stand & Shoot' when my Ellyrian Reavers (Light Cavalry /w Musician) were charged by three Fiends of Slaanesh instead of retreating... They were butchered and caused my entire flank to cave in. >.<

Also completely forgetting my Banner of Sorcery's D3 extra power dice until third turn - when the Swordmasters carrying it were wiped out 'cause I didn't have enough dice to keep their T upped. :x

Was my first game ever, though... won't do that again :D

Damocles8
12-09-2010, 14:12
Well in 40k the wierdest thing I ever did was charge a lone IG sergeant against a Lictor....then the sergeant went on to claim an objective.

In Fantasy, I took an all Empire cavalry list in 1500 pts. Had a mighty fun time with that, but didn't win anything.

Malorian
12-09-2010, 14:20
Wierd messed up things you have done in a game?

Farted and blamed my opponent...

Lord Dan
12-09-2010, 17:09
Farted and blamed my opponent...

Dude, that's messed up.

GenerationTerrorist
12-09-2010, 21:30
I once forgot that my WoC get to re-roll panic checks.

I was very, very drunk.

blackstork
27-12-2010, 16:25
When I played Dark Elves I forgot my Banner of Nagarythe makes my unit unbreakable...

Torpedo Vegas
27-12-2010, 16:34
First game with my Ogres I forgot about Stomp and Bull Charge hits.

ColShaw
27-12-2010, 20:21
I have nametags on the bases of all my 40K Imperial Guardsmen (about 450 of them). Sometimes, when they die, I lament their deaths, by name, one by one.

unheilig
27-12-2010, 20:42
I have nametags on the bases of all my 40K Imperial Guardsmen (about 450 of them). Sometimes, when they die, I lament their deaths, by name, one by one.

This is how to do it. Well done!

RMacDeezy
27-12-2010, 21:19
all in one game, watchtower vs dwarfs

#1) forgetting to use tzeentch's will re-rolls on my LoC for an entire game.
#2) then charging him into a unit of dwarf warriors in the middle of the battlefield, destroying them. just as he starting sqawking triumphantly, i realized that i had destroyed my opponents organ guns and all cannons but one, and it had a perfect view of my LoC. BOOM! LoC eats cannonball, 5 wounds, failed ward save (with re-roll as i finally remembered it).
#3) unit of 15 horrors and herald in the tower. after 4 turns of repeated dwarf assaults, they're down to 2 RnF and the herald, staring down an approaching unit of dwarf warriors. i move them out of the building and attempt a swift reform with the nearby unit of daemonettes. with a change of direction and a 6" movement they can make it to the tower to hold it against the warriors next turn. i failed the LD test (with BSB re-roll) leaving an empty watch tower. the dwarfs occupy in their turn and subsequently roll high enough to win

Ghazbad_Facestompa
27-12-2010, 21:56
My most recent game against WoC: I charge a unit of 20 or so marauders with a 70-strong night goblin horde w/3 big bosses. Seems fine so far, right? When I was moving the gits up into base contact with the marauders, I remembered that the gobbos had three fanatics. Two fanatics killed a good third of the goblins, and the third didn't reach the trolls. Needless to say, the goblins failed their panic tests, followed by every attempt to rally. In the end, they ran off the table and my black orcs, great shaman, and giant won the game.

Lyynark
27-12-2010, 22:01
I accidentally ate my dice.
I had a few crisps in one hand and a handful of dice in the other, a short-circuit later and I had put the dice in my mouth and "rolled" the crisps.

Needless to say my opponent was mildly confused.

Torpedo Vegas
28-12-2010, 01:59
I accidentally ate my dice.
I had a few crisps in one hand and a handful of dice in the other, a short-circuit later and I had put the dice in my mouth and "rolled" the crisps.

Needless to say my opponent was mildly confused.
Did you...swallow the dice?

Lyynark
28-12-2010, 08:55
Thankfully, no, I did however try to chew them before realising my mistake.

DaemonReign
28-12-2010, 09:20
Three instances comes to mind..

1 - A large game with my DoC vs Dark Elves.

My general was a fully kitted GreatUncleanOne. Round one I get to my magic phase.. Use six dice to try cast Plaguewind, I roll low enough for the spell to be dispelled. I have two dice left, figure "wtf" and cast Miasma with those two dice.. Roll a double 6.. My General is removed from play due to the miscast result. In this game I also had a Bloodthirster that did zero wounds to anything and got slaughtered by a Dark Elf Lord on Dragon.

Wierdest thing was I won the game. Safe to say it didn't feel like a victory.

2 - Back in 7th I played a 2,5k game against Empire. I had a list the consisted on two gigantic blocks of Horrors, flanked by two large units of Seekers. And that was it!! Now, back in 7th those Horrors with Heralds could lay down some pretty heavy magic artillery but all they did in this game was miscast and perform generally poor. They litterately did more damage to themselves than anything around them.

My Seekers on the other hand were unstoppable, it didn't matte what they charged, even stuff they shouldn't be able to beat like Inner Circle Knights got flattened. Those Seekers ran around the entire table just eating everything human. It was ridiculous.

3 - Playing VC vs Dwarves in 8th Ed. I had the Ghoulkin-ability on a vamp-lord with Forbidden Lore (Death) and PowerScroll. In my first round I move him up to cast the boosted Purple Sun "all over" the Dwarf army, then I roll a total of "3" for Power Dice - meaning I get two since the Stunties always steal One. I take a chance and use the PowerScroll and actually roll a "double 3" (!!) and then the Purple Sun kills maybe 40 Dwarves and a handfull of Warmachines that never got off a single shot.

Then the Dwarves proceed by winning the game by a fair margin.

That's when I decided Dwarves in 8th Ed were completely utterly totally broken!! haha

Benzan
28-12-2010, 09:20
Well. As a skaven player I've done the classic..

Setup is tablequarters and my large unit of stormvermin + Bell and seer goes right in the middle of my crowded deploymentzone. My brettonian opponent hade first turn, moved around a bit and all in all killed 4 slaves with some bows.

My turn the swarm surge forward. Starting my magicphase I roll for the Bell.( note: first time I've used it) tripple 6! Kaboom goes the Bell.. And 75% of my Army with it. Not a single enemy in range.
Walkover... Shame.. But It's the skaven Way!
:)

jwindsor375
28-12-2010, 11:33
My worst blunder would be losing 26 necron warrriors to a good round of shooting. Then Attempting to WBB... None got back up :( Stupid sleepy necrons

TauOfWar
28-12-2010, 15:06
I did not know the weird rules that Skaven had when I first started playing. So, with this in mind, I was playing Empire at the time and tucked my unit of knights behind a hill that had a lightning cannon on the other side. I was preparing a charge the flank of some storm vermin. The next shooting phase had other plans. The cannon fired through the hill and caused my knights to tuck and run (I failed the panic check miserably):(. Needless to say it explained the "Are you sure you want to do that?" look on my opponents face. Then he explained to me some of the finer/ weirder rules of Skaven.

I've played six games with Vampire Counts so far, and I've forgotten my Fear in each of them. Absolutely ZERO fear tests rolled. I've always remembered the rule after the games, and lamented how it could have made a real difference in some of them.

I have no idea how to make this work for me. When the close combat phase I'm just too eager to start swinging to remember to tell my opponent to roll for Fear.:(

It's just one of those things that are seemingly impossible for me, like remembering to buy milk from the shop, I guess...

Crube
28-12-2010, 15:53
Back a few editions ago flyers could fly high one turn, then come down anywhere on the table the next.

My first turn, I flew high with my general on Pegasus (with the requisite 100 points of magic doo-dads), as well as my captain on Pegasus (with the requisite 50 points of magic doo-dads).

Cue them staying up there for 6 turns... They were the only models of my army that didn't die :(

Pharolyx
28-12-2010, 16:11
My friend throws his Treeman EVERY... SINGLE... TIME that it dies in combat! Which is every single time... after 6 years of playing that army, he still doesn't understand that, with as crappy as the Treeman currently is, you can't throw it in combat with full-ranked units and expect it to come out on top.

Oh, and he always rolls over a 10 for his Ld test. :p

H33D
28-12-2010, 18:49
My uncle plays beastmen and he charged into a war machine and pursued through it with a unit of 5 minotaurs. My Master Engineer happened to be nearby (3+ armor save and great weapon) and just for fluffy reasons I shouted, "You bastard! You'll pay for what you did to my dear machines!" and charged into his minotaurs with my Master Engineer. Oddly, the Mino's whiffed all of their attacks and my Master Engineer scored 2 wounds. When they stomped only 1 of them wounded.

2 wounds + rear + charge vs. his banner and a wound. He failed his test and I ran him down IT WAS AWESOME.

Lyynark
28-12-2010, 20:52
Hehe, that was stupid...

Malorian
28-12-2010, 21:06
#3) unit of 15 horrors and herald in the tower. after 4 turns of repeated dwarf assaults, they're down to 2 RnF and the herald, staring down an approaching unit of dwarf warriors. i move them out of the building and attempt a swift reform with the nearby unit of daemonettes. with a change of direction and a 6" movement they can make it to the tower to hold it against the warriors next turn. i failed the LD test (with BSB re-roll) leaving an empty watch tower. the dwarfs occupy in their turn and subsequently roll high enough to win

*shakes head*

Oh the folly of forgetting to do things in order :p

Gwyddyon
29-12-2010, 03:04
It's not one of mine, but my most regular opponent made the very interesting decision to deploy his carnosaur two inches ahead of his stegadon...and directly between that stegadon and both of my cannons. Turn 1 involved a lot of me cackling and him facepalming. And his dinosaurs exploding.