PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming a FW Ork Army

Jericho
26-04-2010, 15:38
Hey everybody,

It's not often I venture into the 40k world anymore, but honestly the new FW Ork kits are really getting me interested in collecting some 40k again. They're just too pretty to ignore, and I've been wanting to paint some Bad Moon vehicles in the scheme I used for a Games Day entry in 2008.

What I could use some help with is a bit of brainstorming for a rough army list. To include the most vehicles in an Ork army, the obvious theme seems to be a Bad Moon version of a speed freak list. A couple of shiny Trukks, maybe some Nob Bikerz, the new Grot Tankz when they come out... plus a couple Deffkoptas would be cool since they're very cool and basically free in the starter set :)

If you guys could help me figure out a decent core for the army (at a few sizes would be great, like what works in 1k, 1500 and 1850 tournament size) I would greatly appreciate some input. My first attempts at making an Ork list under the new book resulted in lists that were way too big for the points limit. 1 of everything works out to 2k+ in a hurry! :D

Color Scheme:
http://blog.coolminiornot.com/blog_images/27202317.jpg

marv335
26-04-2010, 18:03
If you're doing FW Orks, the first thing in your shopping basket should be the awesome Warboss on bike.
I've got one, and it's one of the sweetest models I've ever seen.

RTB01
26-04-2010, 19:01
i don't suppose you have a picture of the warboss on bike next to regular dudes/ trukk do you? - wanting to pick one up as wazdakka, many thanks in advance!

Jericho
26-04-2010, 23:17
I don't think I've even seen one painted, let alone a scale reference. Definitely a gorgeous figure, one I'd surely be building around. I think you'd need to give him some more Dakka for sure to match the description.

Jericho
29-04-2010, 17:20
Been doing some more thinking, and trying to figure out how to best use the Grot Tanks that they are coming out with. Some of them look to be equipped with weapon options that will cause problems, stuff like Zzap guns, Grotzookas... shootas and rokkits won't hurt the wysiwyg too bad (although some of the Grot tanks appear to have hull-mounted shootas which is even more fun...).

Anyway how do you think they could be used in an army list? I probably don't have the slots available to make them a Battery (Battlewagons, Kans, Dreads, and even Flash Gitz might be fun to make so I can't see me having any slots free). Buggies could work, but they are BS2 and don't have access to the fancier weapons. Killa Kans maybe? Magnetize the weapon options a bit and include some Kan arms or wrecking balls or something to represent the CCW?