PDA

View Full Version : Insanity? Maybe. . . . .

PariahZero
26-04-2010, 19:09
Not sure if this is the right area, but it seemed to fit. Move if necessary :)

Was just wondering if there was anyone out there who (crazily?) has made an entire S.M company? Or dare I say it, an entire Chapter?
Yes, crazy I know, but I am curious :p

puppetmaster24
26-04-2010, 19:15
a person has made a whole chapter before (blood angels). i can imagine it took him a while.

PariahZero
26-04-2010, 19:22
i'd imagine so. I only ask as i have this crazy idea to build a full chapter, of my own design

NeoMonolith
26-04-2010, 19:22
I can put two battle companies, one devastator company, and the first company on the table.

jesusjohn
26-04-2010, 19:25
I'm working on the Crimson fists chapter (well it's not to insane as there is only a couple of hundred.)

Lord Castellan of Canadia
26-04-2010, 19:25
Back in the day, GW used to sell entire chapters.

The advantage to purchasing the set was that it came with a Thunderhawk.

I know of at least one person who bought one.

MasterGideon
26-04-2010, 19:37
I have the whole Deathwing Company, yes that right 108 Terminaors and counting..........10 dreads too.....

As well as the 5th Dark Angel Company.

MasterGideon

dragonet111
26-04-2010, 19:45
A member of White Dwarf France have an entire chapter: les chevaliers de la lumière (knights of the light) with more than 40 000 points.

PariahZero
26-04-2010, 20:16
Looks like it quite common. Dont feel as crazy now :)

Inquisitor_Tolheim
26-04-2010, 20:23
Looks like it quite common. Dont feel as crazy now :)

Coming to warseer and asking if a major modeling project is crazy is like going into a psych ward and asking if anyone else can hear the voices: you're going to get a skewed opinion. :p

If you've got the cash, time, and patience, then I say go for it. Put up a modeling/painting blog so that we can see your spiraling descent into plastic addiction.

PariahZero
26-04-2010, 20:31
Coming to warseer and asking if a major modeling project is crazy is like going into a psych ward and asking if anyone else can hear the voices
ha ha point taken :p

Vaktathi
26-04-2010, 20:43
There are people out there with entire chapters, I know the 3E SM codex also displayed the entire Ultramarines chapter.

Now if only someone wanted to do an entire Imperial Guard regiment...Say along the lines of the Cadian 8th.

8,000 infantry, ~150 or so vehicles.

Awesome.

Bunnahabhain
26-04-2010, 20:45
I'm sure there are full guard regiments out there.

some of them will even be 40k, not epic...

Ignatum
26-04-2010, 20:46
Brother Edward's Blood Angels

http://www.exlibrismortis.org/

PariahZero
26-04-2010, 20:48
Brother Edward's Blood Angels

http://www.exlibrismortis.org/

WOW :eek:

jedideinos
26-04-2010, 21:06
Insanity? No. Currently, I have the complete 1st, 2nd and 3rd Companies, along with 50 or so scouts. Recently, I've begun work on the 8th Company - about 51 brothers so far, and the 6th - 50 brothers to date. Have a gander at the 1st photo in the link: it shows the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 10th Companies before the creation of the 6th and 8th. Also more vehicles added since that was taken. Also missing is the Thunderhawk.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/2987870758_95f2a7bde1_o.jpg

Some day, I would like to own the complete Chapter...

massey
26-04-2010, 21:51
Here are a few shots of my Dark Angels army (the "Dust Angels", as the other guys at the store call it, due to the infrequency of their use). Not a full chapter... yet.

http://okcgaming.com/index.php?option=com_agora&task=topic&id=670&Itemid=54

That's an old series of photos. I've got about 40 more assault marines, 3 more land raiders, some vindicators, drop pods, more dreads, more land speeders, really just a lot more stuff in general.

And just so you know this sort of thing isn't limited to marines, here's an Eldar army for ya. ;)

http://okcgaming.com/index.php?option=com_agora&task=topic&id=895&Itemid=54#p8450

Iverald
26-04-2010, 21:57
a person has made a whole chapter before (blood angels). i can imagine it took him a while.

He is Artur Szyndler. A herpetologist, he wrote also a quite nice roleplaying game. Currently GW rep.

When did he paint all his stuff? By commuting in our bleedin' slow trains. Oh, and he owns much more than just his chapter. :P

PariahZero
27-04-2010, 16:01
:D I feel much better about the thoughts of this now

Bassik
27-04-2010, 16:17
I got one... in Epic.:p

marv335
27-04-2010, 18:15
I've got about 3 companies worth of Crimson Fists, which includes a full battle company.
It's not hard to accumulate a few hundred marine models

IcedAnimals
27-04-2010, 18:30
The day I quit the hobby is the day I finish my Black Templar chapter. Every vehicle will count as 2 marines. I will then sell the entire army for a few thousand$

A few weeks later I will likely start the hobby back up again since I have spare cash. >.>

David5th
27-04-2010, 18:37
I have an entire SM company - Ultramarines 5th Company.

MajorWesJanson
27-04-2010, 18:40
I have 2/3 of a Terminator Company, about half of a PA vet company, probably a dev company, half a company of scouts, and around 2 battle companies.

jt.glass
27-04-2010, 18:40
I've got an entire company of marines assembled (give or take a few arms and backpacks), although nowhere near painted yet.

jt.

LonelyPath
27-04-2010, 20:27
I got one... in Epic.:p

I did the same but ended up amassing 3 full chapters in Epic for the heck of it.

In 40k the most I've done are half the Deathwing, 1/3 of the Ravenwing and the 3rd company for my Dark Angels, plus assorted parts of the chapters armoury.

Cluveru
28-04-2010, 16:56
Does anyone know of a full Imperial Fists chapter (or Howling Griffons or the like for that matter)?

The thought of painting all that yellow... *faints*.

MajorWesJanson
28-04-2010, 17:07
Does anyone know of a full Imperial Fists chapter (or Howling Griffons or the like for that matter)?

If I did that, I would basecoat the models in yellow...

PariahZero
29-04-2010, 17:37

Now that would be insane

Bonzai
29-04-2010, 19:55
You want insane? Try my 12k in Necrons! And that's before warhead and upgrades, lol.

Deciever
night bringer
6 lords
2 destroyer lords
180 warriors
30 immortals
30 flayed ones
15 pariah
30 destroyers
44 scarabs
12 wraiths
9 tomb spyders
9 hvy destroyers
4 monoliths
2 pylons

I am done collecting them till the new dex. Now I am nearly up to a battle company for my salamanders. Eventually I will want to get the 1st and 10th companies too. Then I'll probably save up for a thunder hawk.

Chem-Dog
29-04-2010, 20:36
I have an IF company (5th) with plenty of extras.
A buddy of mine who used to work at Brighton GW was well on his way to building a whole BA successor chapter.
Another mate has a full company of Crimson Fists, another a full company Dark Angels and yet another has a whole company of Blood Angels, but he cheated cos he bought the whole thing in a boxed set.

Jellicoe
29-04-2010, 20:42
Somewhere over a whole company of Angels Sanguine

Actually easy to do when you used to get 30 marines a box. At least 2/3rds of mine are therefore RTB01's. Currently stripping down and repainting 10 mk14 bullock jetbikes to put add a couple of bike squadrons to the force

Sparowl
29-04-2010, 20:58
I had a full company of IP before I sold them off (long story).

One of the people at our local hobby store has three companies of Blood Angels, fully painted and with forgeworld shouldar pads and vehicle doors. He's working on the first company now. He ordered 50 sets of terminator shouldar pads when he started them. Along with the land raider doors for all his transports for them. He's mildly insane.

Beautiful army. It takes up two shelves in the local store's glass display cases.

Sons of Lorgar
29-04-2010, 21:09
I Intend to make a Word Bearer host roughly the size of a loyalist chapter, supported by a titan battle group and a mechanised batallion of guard auxilia, the core of which would be Colchis dragoons, the crews would have been changed lots of times but the tanks would be the same that ground xenos for the emperor during the great crusade... before he turned from his sons and betrayed them to the bureaucrats!

chromedog
29-04-2010, 22:41
I've got a full company of SM (more, really) complete with rhinos AND drop pods for each unit, and additional support elements pulled from the Forge.
Several Company Captains (PA/TDA).
Several Chaplains (TA/TDA)
Command Squads (2). Choice of rhino/drop pod per.
6 Tactical squads (10) " "
2 Assault squads (10) " "
2 Devastator squads (10) " "

In addition to the following:
45 Terminators.
20 Bikers (inc 2 attack bikes).
5 dreadnoughts (1 ironclad). All with drop pods.
3 Land raiders
3 predators
3 vindicators
2 whirlwinds.
5 landspeeders.
40 scouts
5 scoutbikers.

Over 20 years of collecting them. Most of it was bought second hand.

I'd have more than that, but I like my eldar more (and they outnumber them by 2-1).

After 22 years of collecting stuff, a company of marines is easy.

Tekomandor
30-04-2010, 08:43
Almost a company of Raven Guard.... Just need devs

Aegius
30-04-2010, 09:43
I've been working on my Eagle warriors since 2005. I only consider the models that I have finished painting as part of my army. I have most of the 4th company now, I'm missing 2X tactical squads, 1X assault squad and 1X devastator squad, but I'm currently working on the assault squad and a tactical squad is built and ready for painting after I've finished the assault squad. I also have a spattering of squads from companies 1,6,8 and 10. Unfortunately I get easily sidetracked, so I can have months at a time where I work on my Eldar, or don't even do anything hobby related.

grissom2006
30-04-2010, 09:52
Ummmwell bought two of the SM battle companies when they came out. Over the years i did get something like 10 boxes of the RTB01 SM's 30 to a box had several copies of Space Hulk first time round and the expansions. So i have at least half a Legion i just don't collect my SM's as one army though i run 3 different Chapters.

Trick
30-04-2010, 10:06
I don't have a company as such, but I do have a coalition force of Blood Angels, Angels Encarmine, Angels Vermillion, Angels Sanguine, Blood Drinkers and Flesh Tearers.

While I won't post the army lists, this is the breakdown of statistics as of the new Codex...

Total HQ: 16
Total Troops: 16
Total Elites: 16
Total Fast Attack: 5
Total Heavy Support: 6
Total Dedicated Transports: 7
Total Units: 65

Total Space Marines: 222
Total Vehicles: 18
Total Allies: 12
Total Models: 245

Total Points: 12,337

And this is the second time I've done this. The first was when I was a much worse painter...
Sanguinary Coalition v1.0 (http://www.freewebs.com/bloodcrusade/armygallery.htm)

Trick

Chem-Dog
30-04-2010, 10:29
Oh, and another Guy I know is building the 2nd Co Ultramarines, entirely using Metal models......I dunno about insanity, but that's one **** heavy army right there.

Occulto
30-04-2010, 11:35
Oh, and another Guy I know is building the 2nd Co Ultramarines, entirely using Metal models......I dunno about insanity, but that's one **** heavy army right there.

*chuckles*

I know that feeling. All metal Slaaneshi daemon army for WHFB (the ol' crab claws). I almost put my back out every time I carry it somewhere. :)

On topic - I've got half a DW company (all metal termies), an entire DA company (1/2 metal) and a few RW squads (including old metal speeders) to even things out.

Add to that the recently acquired WH army (muchos sisters) and I half expect my book shelves to collapse one day. :P

trigger
30-04-2010, 11:58
Am currently working on Ragnars Great company.
Seeing as they 'might be bigger' am at 170 power armored wolves , 20 scouts , 35 TDA wolf guard. plus all the Rhinos , LR's , drop pods and such.

Still not sure if its big enough :D

Then there is the other armies.

Rombo Baak
30-04-2010, 12:56
Does anybody have a full WAAAGH? Beakies are so few and puny...

grissom2006
30-04-2010, 13:02
Does anybody have a full WAAAGH? Beakies are so few and puny...

I know a person who got 3 Green Tides when they was for sale and i suspect her got more at a later date. Seen as he fields in large private games at least 15000pts.

Roll on getting my my Apocolapse Battle Company sorted out with a full 9 dedicated transports of Land Raiders.:p

Duce
04-05-2010, 13:08
I think I can do the entire ultramarines 1st vets company, 4th battle company, 7th bike and speeder company, 10th company, as well as a good chunk of the assault company and dev company. The motor pool is also well shown with 4 land raiders, 2 of each tank bar razorbacks which there are 6, 11 rhinos deathwatch squads, hq's galore and thunderfires.

Spacker
04-05-2010, 16:47
I think I can maybe squeeze 2 companies out of my marines. I'd have to field only 2/3 of the 1st company in terminator armour though, the rest would be in power armour :(

My IG makes things a little easier - I can put at least 3 Leman Russ tank companies down (10 tanks per company, although an entire company is still new in the box so would need building first), an artillery company, plus at least 2 super heavy tank companies (3 Baneblades, 1 Stormblade + 2 Shadowswords, and I've still got a Baneblade + Macharius + Minotaur + Gorgon left over), and I should be able to field almost 1 company of mech infantry (including 7 Chimeras, 3 Hellhounds, 6 Sentinels, 5 Valkyries - 7 if I use 2 Vultures as proxies - , and various other support units) :D