PDA

View Full Version : The Name of your WAAGH/Warboss

Shas'o Kais
26-04-2010, 19:30
I saw the "the name of your hive fleet" thread and had to post one about ork Waaghs. What is the name of your Waagh, mine is Waagh Dreadklaw.

Spoik
26-04-2010, 20:16
Deffjagga da Overdog is my Warboss, and he leads Deffjagga's Dangerboyz.

Also known as Morkelangelo, after painting over the kilometre-high fresco of Saint Ludmilla on the shrine world of Cominia with his own startlingly impressionist work 'Mork holdin' the Emperor whilst Gork gives him a Good Kick in the Nadgy Bits.'

DuskRaider
26-04-2010, 21:48
My Warlord's name is Slagtoof Gitstompa. Roughly means "Rich World Enemy Crusher" in Orkish, and quite fitting since I play Blood Axes. No name for a WAAAGH!, as my army is more like Black Templar or some nomadic space military than an Ork mob proper.

Moriarty
26-04-2010, 22:19
My Freebooterz are lead by Da Kaptin. Just, Da Kaptin.

Originality is not their strong point :-)

Oguleth
26-04-2010, 22:24
After some name changes, my WAAAGH is called Red Kard, led by the Warboss Fill Kneeville.

I was going to call it WAAAGH Glazertakeover, but then my shoota boyz would most likely end up with no ammo, so it was voted down.

Eigolas
26-04-2010, 22:32
My Bad Moons are led by my Warboss Skabdreg and he leads Skabdreg's Moshpit.

Even got a few metal themed Nobz to lead my Ork boyz ;)

stevegill
26-04-2010, 22:36
My Blood Axes are Gishtak's Raiders

wazatdingder
26-04-2010, 22:48
Kan Kan "Kill'm'all" Gargubinz is the leader of my WAAAAGH! Due to a slight color-blindness all his boyz go into battle wearing pink. Fortunately, that pisses them off good so they like to thump things.

He rarely sees the field though, his general are:

Wazatdingder- Mad Doc extrodanare (uses rules for grotsnik) who is named after a commonly heard phrase he uses during surgery.

Warbosses Go'big and Go'ome who have their own minor WAAAGH "Go'big or Go'ome" in which they each lead their nobz and boyz into battle to one up each other.

radkins
26-04-2010, 23:10
Skumzog Blakk Toof leads my Blood Axe army in our current campaign.

Other notables are Swampteef Skabgutz and SKargob da Vulcha(they head up my Kommandos and Stormboyz. Proxies of Snikrot and Zagstruk)

Erethor
26-04-2010, 23:11
WAAGH! Warboss Runzaway, leader of Da Yellobellyz tribe!

Thoume
26-04-2010, 23:11
*copy/paste/edit*

Once a meganobz bodyguard for a long-forgotten Bloodaxe Kommander, Warboss Gorgul Grimduffa is one of the few remnants of a Bloodaxe warband shattered by the 3rd war on Armageddon. Retreating to the Equatorial Jungle, Gorgul founded a new warband; an accumulation of the feral tribes in the area and plunder from the various imperial outposts. He has since lead his waaagh! into the void beyond Armageddon, continually growing in power and thinkin' up a cunnin' plan of revenge...

...from the display cabinet, to overthrow the Big Meks and lesser Warbosses that lead the warbands now and to appear in more than just the odd apocalypse game... :mad:

acme2468
27-04-2010, 03:19
Warboss GargArdGnashers Iron Avalanche mashes the skum flat round here

Joewrightgm
27-04-2010, 03:42
Skargrim Zagmor the Blackfang (Scar-prowess/face Wild Blood) and his Blackfang Warband. He received the name Blackfang for his black iron fang caps.

Skargrim is an exemplar of everything Goffs aspire to be: Tuff, violent, loud, and nearly lethally flatulent. Skargrim hails from the world of Urk, home world of the Prophet of the Waaagh! Ghazkgull Thraka. Quickly rising along with his Prophet, he was a nob in the Ghazkgull's personal guard and rapidly killing and taking control of his current warband.

He has participated in the Second and Third War for Armageddon, as well as the Piscina conflict. Imperial Strategos surmise that Skargrim is a member of the Bully Boyz, the 'Old Boyz Network' that helps Ghazkgull control his system spanning Waaagh!s

Ork X
27-04-2010, 03:44
Bigbuts Toofgrabba.........he has many variations....on bike, with klaw, in mega armor...

Tenken
27-04-2010, 03:44
All High King Korg, Illustrious, Magnificent, Ded 'ard ruler of great and mighty Bograf. He's not just da boss, he's the king! Stole the name of the boss and the WAAAGH/planet of origin, from a card game I used to play called Magi Nation. Good times, good times.

the_gobbo_king
27-04-2010, 06:31
Da Grand Emperah, Most Eksalted and Dekarated, Ekseterah, Ekseterah, his Ekselensy da Kolonel Warlord Squigbrain.

I plan to flesh out the name so when someone asks it is like this:
Start from 0:40 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk)

The clan is known as "Da Ice Choppaz" for their Ice camoflage... when they fight on my FLG's desert tables... They are an offspring of the Blood Axes.

TGK.

Axel
27-04-2010, 06:44
My Waaghboss remains suspiciously unnamed, but the Gargbot is "Kloppkopp Gargbutt"

Eulenspiegel
27-04-2010, 07:02
"Kloppkopp" :D

My Speedfreaks are led by Grindlegutz the Untitled. Alas, they have not been seen since at the last battle of Armageddon Grindlegutz“s bike jammed and he disappeared into the Ash wastes at full speed. Naturally, his warband followed, suspecting a cunnin plan by da boss.

Angelwing
27-04-2010, 07:14
My freebooterz are lead (from the back) by Boss Ripspleen.

252nd Fire Dragoon
27-04-2010, 08:05
Aloha,
right now my bad moon warboss is named Krog Da Arch Tyrant.. though I want to expand it. My Freebooter captain im building is known simply as "da Flash Kaptin". Also, my Big Mek is named Mekarius.

the1stpip
27-04-2010, 08:37
My Blood Axes are Kaptin Gargitz Blud Axe Freebooterz

scar face
27-04-2010, 08:46
Warboss Nruk BloodKlaw leading Nruk Bloo Gitz.

3 battlewagons and nob heavy :)

scar

Damien 1427
27-04-2010, 08:57
Warboss Squigkicker, of WAAAGH! Squigkicker, and his right-klaw ork, Big Mek Gitfindah.

cptmachine
27-04-2010, 09:16
Warboss Heed! from the Steel Horns Tribe, named due to his over sized head which he headbutts his oppoents to death.

"Fear Da Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!"

Hypaspist
27-04-2010, 09:19
My Deff SKullz Don't have a Warboss as Bik Mek Stompnutz Butcher Warboss Bloodfist to usurp his place at the head of the Warband...

He has currently shown less than even passing brilliance for command :shifty:

Latro_
27-04-2010, 13:40
my boss is called Kommanda Gorfang and he leads da dezert klan, Blood axe desert themed.

He rides a looted attack bike that he has to ride at high speeds almost constantly after a speed freaks boss duffed him up and ordered a pain boy to implant a stikk bomb in his ed that'll go off if he ever stops for any long period of time. Gorfang's had many major surjeries to remove the bomb none of which have been all that successful owing to taking place at high speed, this has left him quite mad and disfigured and a deep hatred and mistrust of any other ork klan.

Orcboy_Phil
27-04-2010, 15:55
My Blood Axes are led by Shagrot. Hes been going since the mid-late nineties opening of GW Manchester, where I picked up a copy of Gorkamorka for £20. He was a yoof back then who got injured in my first game and ended up with the result where he survived the wasteland, quickly becomming my MVP. Since then anything Orky from my WH army to my (brief) WoW charecter has been named Shagrot.

Messiahnide
27-04-2010, 16:13
Udvik von Ateoven "tyrant ov da bone desert" named because of his fondness for an ork "Kompoza" who bangs beakie helmets together in some sort of rhythm, He leads "Udviks Red Fangz".

He also started life as a nob leading my gorkamorka warband all those years ago. :D

madd0ct0r
27-04-2010, 22:05
Unusually for an Ork, Warlord Proppachoppa is smaller, though as tough as, any of his Nobz. His title and reputation come from his first ever Boss fight. He defeated six opponents, all armed with Kustom Choppas. His ‘Proppa Choppa’ was a triple-barrelled, sawn-off Shruiken Catapult.

Now with a flamer attached, “In case ‘dey feel like getting back up,” the Warboss is an awesome force in an assault, often leading a small warband well ahead of his main forces to ensure he gets the fiercest fight and the best loot.

godking
27-04-2010, 22:23
Zig Zag Zap

kaimarion
28-04-2010, 00:41
My ork warband is led by a big mek by the name of "Mc'krumpenstein" who has yet to have a background written for him. The main theme of the army is that there is a lot of vehicles(mainly walkers) and mega-nobz for obvious reasons :D.

Thrax
28-04-2010, 01:29
Gorslag Gutrench of the Blak Skarz. They like to go fast with lots of war machines like Evil Sunz and they like expensive toyz, like Bad Moonz. So they wear "AR-ANGE!"

Pandir
28-04-2010, 01:54
Krug Da Klaw. He has a a tyranid crushing claw on his arm.

Ork X
28-04-2010, 05:01
I love ork players! no one else has threads this fun

Bonzai
28-04-2010, 06:27
Nazsilk Ho Smackah, of the bad moons. Originally fought in the war of daaaka, and formed his own splinter army. He is all about "da teef". Legend says that he got the name "Smackah" from this tale. Once Nazsilk got rip roaringly drunk off of fungus beer. He staggered around camp until he encountered a squigoth. In his dunken state he thought the squigoth owed him money. So he smacked the squigoth so hard it's gob flew off, earning him his nick name and some nice teef to boot!

Now silky and his "krew" prowl da galaxy for teef and propped fights.

Gray Hunter
28-04-2010, 07:31
Badgrim Krooga. He's a Bloodaxe who learned everything he knows about strategy from his early arch-nemesis Colonel Krueger of the Cadian 212th, whom he has since beaten into paste but has borrowed the name of.

gonzosbignose
28-04-2010, 09:05
My Blood Axes (link below) are known as the Blood Axes of Burn'em Wood.

I also have a biker army lead by 'Waagghhly Davidson'

Regards

My name is Daniel and I am a wargamer

Memnos
28-04-2010, 09:29
Da Majer-Gen'ral Botsnikka Darkklaw, scourge of dem bot-boyz and Majer-Gen'ral of da Blood Axes round dese parts.

Gensuke626
28-04-2010, 10:22
Warboss Skarfang Brikksmasha, Da Unkilly-able. Freeboota, formerly uv da Deffskullz. Calls his boyz "Da Free-lootaz". Occasionally has dealings with "Da Green Kroosade."

Started as Warboss Skarfang untill a rather epic game against Necrons when he punched out a Monolith (in 4th ed., right around the time when the current Eldar Dex was released.) Warboss skarfang saw the particle whip was chargin up, so he picked up a grot and tossed him into the air. The Grot absorbed all of the Gauss Particles then exploded in a rain of gore (Skarfang was center-holed by a particle whip. Made my 5+ grot save, back in the day.).

There was a hole in the line big enough for the boss to push through, so her ran up to the Monolith, and tore it apart with his powerklaw (Back when monoliths could only be hit on 6s.)

His second name came from an Apoc game where he survived hits from 3 Str D shots, thanks to his Cybork Body. He made every 5+ save he needed to against weapons designed to rip apart titans, and he managed to capture an objective at the end of the game, giving the Orks a win. I'm also fairly certain that he was the one who called down an orbital bombardment that wrecked a warhound titan in 1 shot.

RoguePariah
28-04-2010, 13:28
Some time ago, I converted the warboss from the AoBR box for a friend. I was given free reign to create whatever I wanted. The result?:

ArdBoot Nutkika, converted so he has a "kiks terminutz" shoulder pad as a steel toe over his boot. He has a book as a back-banner, (stolen from the DA of course) on which he proudly displays his drawing of a dragon (which looks conspicuously like a yellow ducky). Whenever one of da boyz, usually a new recruit, points this out to the Boss, ArdBoot corrects the misguided youth with a tap to the tenders.

Hence his name.

All shall fear ArdBoot Nutkika and his band of Choirboyz. :D

GrogDaTyrant
28-04-2010, 15:26
My name should say it all for my Warlord's name.

BrotherOfBrass
28-04-2010, 18:08
Waagh Skargutz is lead by, errr, Boss Skargutz! He continues to rampage through the Issex system, recently bringing Warboss Chank to battle and giving him a good walloping. Having also handed out a butt-kicking to Boss Klang 'Ead and his mechanical monstrosities not so long ago, Skargutz is feeeling pretty pleased with himself.

LonelyPath
28-04-2010, 18:34
I've had assorted bosses and meks leading my Waaaghs iver time, but the names of the leaders I can rememebr are:

Boss Big Boss
Boss Bigger Brother of Big Boss
Boss Irn Teef (spelling intentional)
Warboss Ded Eye
Boss Sinista (he was a little more cunning and used Kommandoz)
Masta Mek Gubbinz Brabba
Big Mek Drilla
Boss Blakkee da Choppa (he had black skin from being being mutated by radiation)
Boss Skurrz, 'Ead Crusha

magicmonkey
28-04-2010, 20:25
waaagh that gretchin there who is leader coz he sat on the hill that tripped and killed the ork who killed the humie who killed the spikey space humie who shot da old warboss up good and is now da' best grot of the lot

warboss: groty mcgrotson

Fithos
28-04-2010, 21:10
My warboss is boss Sam of the yosemite wagh! He has a big red handle bar mustache. It's very comical.

Gensuke626
29-04-2010, 00:19
My warboss is boss Sam of the yosemite wagh! He has a big red handle bar mustache. It's very comical.

To paraphrase a well known internet forum...

Pics or it doesn't exist.

Firmlog
29-04-2010, 10:44
Waaagh in progress! Led by Warlord Firmlog, and his 4 big mek retinue. And he plans to subsume Wazdakka into his Waaagh eventually.

remember its still in progress so the first warboss is the AoBR warboss.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/cypherkk/th_001-7.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/cypherkk/?action=view&current=001-7.jpg)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/cypherkk/th_002-6.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/cypherkk/?action=view&current=002-6.jpg)

Jericho
29-04-2010, 18:56
I haven't come up with a name for my new army's boss yet, but I always wanted to make a Big Mek named Jizzbang :D

LonelyPath
29-04-2010, 20:49
I had a small game today (900 points) with my Orks led by Gore-grinda Bellyrot.

Grubnar
29-04-2010, 22:30
Warboss Grubnar.

Tzeentch Loyalist
29-04-2010, 22:48
Gitkikka da Red leads my rag tag group of Bad Moons who are only looking for a good "crumpin." He's named such because of his big bushy beard.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181989&page=2
Post 32.

Fithos
30-04-2010, 04:32
To paraphrase a well known internet forum...

Pics or it doesn't exist.

Sorry this took so long, but here is my warboss Sam

I know I need to remove the claw and give him 2 pistols, I will get there some day.

Gensuke626
30-04-2010, 09:34
Sorry this took so long, but here is my warboss Sam

I know I need to remove the claw and give him 2 pistols, I will get there some day.

Awesome. I'd keep the Klaw and just add a Pistol to it...OR make it a six-shoota that fires power Klaws

Chem-Dog
30-04-2010, 10:37
Gorzag, Red Ligtning (well, kinda)

Bad Moonz Warlord, the personal nemesis of my Steel Legion Captain Banzai.
His first itteration occured in the 2nd Edition, He had a Gyro Stabalised Monowheel *oldschool sigh*

Legion
30-04-2010, 11:25
Kurnull Badrik iz da current officer kommanding of da grey deff legion with his faithfull squig Nutbiter. his second in command is BigMek Skrewloose wiv iz loyal grot assistant Zoggit. well dats what da ladz fink iz name iz, coz skewloose is always shouting "Oh Zoggit!"

Panzeesmasha
30-04-2010, 11:29
I think my name gives a clue... My horde is called Waaaagh Panzeesmasha led by Warboss Urdgrub Panzeesmasha (means Eldar Killer I think). This is what it has been since 2nd Edition when a regular opponent of mine used Eldar. I don't think it'll ever change.. Smash dem panzeeeeezz!!!

Churoc
02-05-2010, 04:22
Waaagh Flamin Bonehedz is led by Churoc Faar. Warlord of Pyric 3. Despoiler of Da Black Arc. Destroyer of Fort Rockfire. He who rides Mighty Durdreg into battle.

robtheguru
02-05-2010, 04:51
My boss be "Big Boss Skartoof Gutwrencha" with super squig "Cruncher McMuncher". Second in command is "Big Mek Knifewrench!".

The WAAARGH! is "First to kill 1,000,000 'umies is da winner!"

TrojanWolf
02-05-2010, 12:34
Warboss Trazhak 'Ugeklaw, and he leads Da Fire Choppas.

He gets his moniker from the 'uge spiky power klaw he frequently wears, and his warband is named so because of an incident that happened before he took over the warband. He had dunked the blade of his choppa in a barrel of smelly water (which was squig oil, but he wasn't bothered to check), and while yelling at his boyz for "not bashing da humies right", he waved the choppa through a bonfire and it immolated. He took this as a sign from Gork and Mork, promptly bashing the old warboss and taking over.

dal9ll
02-05-2010, 16:35
Grubgull Wazza - Arch Scavenger and Loot Monger.

(I play Speed Freek Deathskulls. They gotsta get ta that l00t as fazt as possible!)

Usually I'm running Ghazghkull Thraka as my general though...

brightblade
02-05-2010, 18:50
Fat' ead and Bingo (his squig) in 'A big Trip to da Stars.' :D

Lord-Gen Bale Chambers
02-05-2010, 19:51
Big Boss Skarbad Bludrot's WAAAAAGHH!

swampman6
02-05-2010, 20:13
Blood axes warboss: Gorgutz

Gorgutz' sneekie ladz

tazguy95
02-05-2010, 21:33
I named my friends' warboss, which he uses: Kognutz the Groinbiter.

warpoet
02-05-2010, 22:13
Warboss Balgrot the Bandit King, so named for his infamous mistreatment of the lil 'uns.

Easy E
03-05-2010, 18:27
Kaptin Grimgrod Rotgut ov da' Skulsmash Reeverz

With such sub-bosses as...

Mo' Dakka ov Da Deff Frum Up Skwadron
Wetboss Narblitz ov da Big Blue Boyz
Boss Krumprukk da Kaptinz drinkin' buddy
Skumgrod- Oomie slave and chronicler ov da Kaptin
Big Mek Itzy Bitzy ov da Stompa Tribe

Crae
03-05-2010, 21:00
++++Waaagh Goreskull++++
Warlord Grimgor Goreskull of the Goreskull klan

melloxmatt
04-05-2010, 05:13
my waaaaghh callled *?!@$#%?!* and my warbos is called *sparkles fancy bottom*

Riddum
05-05-2010, 01:59
Kognutz the groin biter is golden.

Ramius4
05-05-2010, 02:22
Grizgrot Jeweltoof (bad moonz warlord)
Buzzgob Thundakrak (snakebite boarboyz warlord)