PDA

View Full Version : halo army

slingersam
27-04-2010, 07:35
Hi guys i would like to make an army representing the human side of the army. Just wondering what you guys think of as good proxys/ transfers

MegaPope
27-04-2010, 07:37
Hi there. If you can afford it, the FW Elysian range is practically designed off the UNSC forces in Halo in every detail. If that's a bit too rich for your blood, I'd just suggest starting off with plastic Cadians and then working from there...

slingersam
27-04-2010, 08:05
Sorry forgeworld would cost to much. I might get the tanks if they look more haloish, but i am going to go with cadian. I was more looking at what could represent what. From halo to the board game

Gav2k
27-04-2010, 08:26
Cadians = Basic UNSC trooper
Stormtroopers = ODSTs

Those are the easy ones. For a Spartan, you'd need to mish-mash stuff from other armies, and also other model companies.

For a Scorpion Tank, i'd use a Space Marine Predator.
With some artistic licence, you could probably kitbash a couple of bikes (maybe SM bikes?) into a Mongoose.

For a Warthog I'd just use one of the toys they bring out, if you can find one in the right size.

Thats the best I can do I think.

Covenant would probably be easier, seeing as most of the Tau tanks could represent the Covenant vehicles. Get an Ogryn and make it hairy and you've got brutes, and clever Tyranid modelling could make Elites quite nicely.

slingersam
27-04-2010, 08:31
ya for elites i was think warriors

Godzooky
27-04-2010, 08:47
I think Straken's rules could represent Master Chief pretty well.

adreal
27-04-2010, 09:29
guard with allied in grey knights, that's what me and my friends think would work the best, valks as the drop ships, maybe sentinals as warthogs (shrugs)

Godzooky
27-04-2010, 09:42
guard with allied in grey knights, that's what me and my friends think would work the best, valks as the drop ships, maybe sentinals as warthogs (shrugs)

I don't know. I always imagined Spartans as slightly below Space Marines in terms of overall hardness. I certainly don't see them on a par with Grey Knights.

I suppose you could get away with it, though, as Master Chief is an exceptionally jammy individual. The entire Covenant fleet can't ever seem to bring him down. It's like Catch the Pigeon. :)

gwarsh41
27-04-2010, 15:04
I don't know. I always imagined Spartans as slightly below Space Marines in terms of overall hardness. I certainly don't see them on a par with Grey Knights.

I suppose you could get away with it, though, as Master Chief is an exceptionally jammy individual. The entire Covenant fleet can't ever seem to bring him down. It's like Catch the Pigeon. :)

Something to remember is MCs regenerative shield. I think there is an IG model with some crazy shield rule that makes him near impossible to kill. Yarik?

bossfearless
27-04-2010, 15:28
You could always take a GK hero from Daemonhunters to represent the Chief. Medusas to represent Scorpion MBTs. Chimera rules make for decent Warthog substitutes. Valkyrie Pelican transports, etc. Really, the UNSC forces were never all that diverse.

The Laughing God
27-04-2010, 15:31
I remember that there was an awesome halo project log here on Warseer. There was even a fantastic scorpion battle tank. Some searching could lead to it.

:EDIT:Found it
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187296&highlight=Halo

slingersam
27-04-2010, 18:46
thanks for the link. That has helped me a lot