PDA

View Full Version : Dark riders

gogs78
27-04-2010, 07:54
Was going to do the token thing of using glade riders as dark riders.
Just wanted to know, are we any nearer knowing if new ones are coming anytime in the near future or should i just batter on with converting said glade riders?
Thanks in advance.

Darkspear
27-04-2010, 08:15
Nope no news.

Just to share some wisdom that my friend told me. If you have done a good job converting and painting a beautiful unit of darkriders, you will not warn to replace them even when the minatures are available. So no fear my friend, just do it.

ChaosVC
27-04-2010, 09:57
And Dark elven steads eat meat. So marauders horsy are kinda of a nice candidate since they look bulky compared to the scrawny little things the woodies ride. Of course the rider's legs can be a problem.

gogs78
27-04-2010, 11:12
Ok, cheers for the replies guys. Better get going!

Zoolander
27-04-2010, 16:44
New Dark Riders are on the horizon so don't buy anything just yet!

Shadow_Steed
27-04-2010, 16:48
New Dark Riders are on the horizon so don't buy anything just yet!

Are they really?

Love your sig btw;)

Malorian
27-04-2010, 17:16
Personally I think the actual GW models look much better than any of the converted ones...

But then again I don't play DE and haven't had to shell out the money ;)

Zoolander
27-04-2010, 17:55
Are they really?

Love your sig btw;)

They are rumored to be this year or early next. Still a rumor but pretty much a solid one from what I've heard. I would wait if you can. I bought the wood elf riders because I couldn't stand the Joe Camel Riders they currently have. But I wish I hadn't.

And thank you! I truly wish more people would remember that when they play. It's just a game! :p

The SkaerKrow
27-04-2010, 18:35
New Dark Riders in anything resembling the near future has been definitively shot down. If you're wanting to convert up some of your own, do it.

Lordsaradain
27-04-2010, 20:30
Currently there are some rumours about plastic dark riders. But there is no confirmed date. There have been rumours floating around about new plastic orc boar boyz since about the time of the release of the plastic black orcs(several years back) and only now have they actually been confirmed by GW(and will be released next month).

So... new plastic Dark Riders are proably coming...but you might have to wait a year or two, so if you want to field dark Riders anytime soon, there is no point in waiting.

tmarichards
27-04-2010, 20:55
I've heard from what would be appear to be a reliable source that they will eventually be released, along with a plastic Cauldron, that supposedly looks very nice.

How true any of this is debatable, so please apply a hefty pinch of salt. Also, I don't follow the rumours forum so much anymore, so this may well already be up there.

However, I got absolutely no indication of a timescale.

Eumerin
27-04-2010, 20:57
I've been hearing about new Dark Riders "just around the corner" since the 7th edition army book was released.

leeoaks
27-04-2010, 21:18
'Personally I think the actual GW models look much better than any of the converted ones'

i think you may be the only person here that thinks that ;)

Witchblade
27-04-2010, 21:23
If money is no object, you could also use the Gamezone Dark Riders.

tmarichards
27-04-2010, 22:12
If money is no object, you could also use the Gamezone Dark Riders.

Worth mentioning that you won't be allowed to use them in any GW run events or venues though.

leeoaks
28-04-2010, 15:38
just kit bash them....i have a corsair fleet army. These are mine:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/leeoaks/SDC10672.jpg

gogs78
28-04-2010, 17:42
just kit bash them....i have a corsair fleet army. These are mine:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/leeoaks/SDC10672.jpg

Very nice! Pretty much what i was thinking of having!

Is that sea dragon cloaks you have on there, or did you file the bows off the glade rider cloaks?

leeoaks
28-04-2010, 17:58
those are tthe corsair bodies and cloaks. you have to be quite clever with the positioning and use a bit of gs. you could use some spear elf models and the cloaks from something like the highelf set.....(you can push mould them).

gogs78
28-04-2010, 18:00
those are tthe corsair bodies and cloaks. you have to be quite clever with the positioning and use a bit of gs.

Cheers. Will try a few different combos i think.