PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pts Wood Elf army

apenmens
27-04-2010, 16:26
I am thinking about starting a 1000 pts wood elf army.
I want it to be a bit competitive this is what i got so far.

Wood elf Noble
mounted with spear light armor shield and A murder of Spites 118

Spellsinger (lvl 1) 90

12 Glade Guard 144

12 Glade Guard 144

5 Glade Rider's 120

5 Glade Rider's 120

10 Dryads with Branchnymph 132

10 Dryads with Branchnymph 132

Total 1000 pts

Advice very welcome.

sssk
27-04-2010, 16:36
I'd drop the Dryads down to 8 models, just because it doesn't make that much difference, but they're cheaper.

I'd probably drop the murder of spites on the noble. Then, as much as I hate to say it, I'd do what everyone does, and take a hail of doom arrow (whoever sells hail of doom arrows must be a very very rich elf).

The spell singer is a lot of points for one dispel dice (it's not going to cast much/at all). Maybe swap that for a branch wraith with the cluster of radiants (might have the name wrong, I mean the +1 dispel dice thingy). As the branchwraith is good for adding kills when put in a dryad unit.

I would also very very 100% definitely absolutely put musicians in your glade guard and glade riders. They are going to spend a lot of time leading enemy units around and distracting units so the dryads can jump all over flanks. Therefore the +1 to rally is indispensible.

Other than those little tweaks, all looks well. I tend to use a unit of wardancers and an eagle instead of the second unit of dryads and the second unit of glade riders, but otherwise my army is very similar.

Hope that helps