PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a 40K Campaign! Need Tips ASAP!

Buzz_Kill
27-04-2010, 18:26
I trying to come with a Warhammer 40k campaign for my local gaming club, but i haven't really got that many good thoughts at the moment!

I would really like some people to come up with creative ideas that would make a good campaign!

Please help! =)

bigcheese76
27-04-2010, 18:58
Have you got some sort of specification to which a campaign needs to be written? eg number of games, how many people, what armies it needs to involve, maximum points.

Buzz_Kill
27-04-2010, 19:20
currently, i wasthinking of having evrey army included, Good-Space Marines(all chapters), Eldar, Daemon Hunters, IG, etc.... Bad - Tau, Tyranids, Chaos, Orks, Dark Eldar, etc.....

For points wise, i was thinking of having a mix, a few games of Planetstrike, Apocalypse, Standard 40K, Etc.....

Games wise, i was thinking of a tree campaign!

The_carpenter
27-04-2010, 19:24
currently, i wasthinking of having evrey army included, Good-Space Marines(all chapters), Eldar, Daemon Hunters, IG, etc.... Bad - Tau, Tyranids, Chaos, Orks, Dark Eldar, etc.....

For points wise, i was thinking of having a mix, a few games of Planetstrike, Apocalypse, Standard 40K, Etc.....

Games wise, i was thinking of a tree campaign!

If I was going to lump everyone into two sides I would be inclined to put the Tau in with the "good" guys ;)

Additionally including T'au fluff wise you will be limited to the Eastern Fringe.

Vepr
27-04-2010, 19:34
Tyranids are trying to create a creature based on the Narwhal that will allow them to travel back in time and save themselves from Robin Cruddace. IG combined with SW and BA are trying to stop them. :p :D

Comrade Penguin
27-04-2010, 20:42
Tyranids are trying to create a creature based on the Narwhal that will allow them to travel back in time and save themselves from Robin Cruddace. IG combined with SW and BA are trying to stop them. :p :D

Ha! I laughed out loud at work.

Sounds like you have too many different kinds of armies in there to work up a decent story campaign without crucifying the fluff. May I humbly suggest my map campaign from last summer?

I got a massive star map and went out and bought some Styrofoam balls of various sizes. I then painted the balls to look like various planets and put them on styrofoam bases. I wrote up some weird and funky rules for each of the planets and scattered them across my star map. You collected resources depending upon what planets you controlled, and could then purchase upgrades for you planets or star fleets. Every player had one fleet that moved one space every campaign turn. We all wrote our movements down on a piece of paper and then revealed it at the same time. I also had a warp storm floating through space that moved randomly each campaign turn and would damage or destroy fleets that it engulfed. I increased it to two warp storms later in the campaign as the system was getting torn apart and the barrier between the warp and real space was thinning.

My friends and I had a good time playing this one and it was filled with many memorable moments. One in particular was hilarious. There was one planet in the system that was unstable, and I painted it to look like that lava world from star wars episode 3. The planet was rich in iron, so it provided a lot of income to whoever controlled. However every campaign turn a dice was rolled, and if a 6 came up then the planet was destroyed. Well my friend put all of his resources into taking this planet and he finally got a hold of it. Unfortunately for him the planet imploded in the next campaign turn and he lost his army and his fortress. I lol'ed

technotemplar
27-04-2010, 21:03
How about this: An Adeptus Mechanicus expeditionary fleet has found a an STC far out near Tau territory and is taking the fastest route back to Mars to immediately implement the priceless tech.

Unfortunately this most direct route takes them through Tau occupied space, a system infested by Tyranids, Chaos maruders hired by the Dark Mechanicum to acquire the STC for evil, and lastly: A system under the throes of a massive Ork incursion. Eldar appear at random, perhaps some sort of "Hey on a 4+ you get Eldar allies this battle! But on a 1-4, Dark Eldar attack you instead!

The Imperium immediately launches a Crusade to secure a route for the STC, Space Marine fleets arive first with increasingly large numbers of guard joining in as the full might of the Imperium is brought to bear

Good way to include everyone anyway :P

Buzz_Kill
01-05-2010, 09:27
How about this: An Adeptus Mechanicus expeditionary fleet has found a an STC far out near Tau territory and is taking the fastest route back to Mars to immediately implement the priceless tech.

Unfortunately this most direct route takes them through Tau occupied space, a system infested by Tyranids, Chaos maruders hired by the Dark Mechanicum to acquire the STC for evil, and lastly: A system under the throes of a massive Ork incursion. Eldar appear at random, perhaps some sort of "Hey on a 4+ you get Eldar allies this battle! But on a 1-4, Dark Eldar attack you instead!

The Imperium immediately launches a Crusade to secure a route for the STC, Space Marine fleets arive first with increasingly large numbers of guard joining in as the full might of the Imperium is brought to bear

Good way to include everyone anyway :P

I really like that one, sounds good if it was put into good hands