PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Model (Bretonnia Army Book)

Spike Fiend
27-04-2010, 20:13
Following Games Workshop's decision to start 8th Edition after only 3.5 years of 7th Edition gaming and before the last four (five with Chaos Dwarfs) armies were to be released, I am restudying the 6th Edition Army Books of said factions. I started off with the Bretonnia book, and, when I reached the final page, I once again had a glimpse of that interesting picture of the special Bretonnian Knight (a previous Special Character?) facing the flying red Dragon which I apparently had forgotten through the years...

Now, I don't think that I knew all Dragon models at that point, but none the less I quite liked it as it seemed to be more beautifully made than the S-shaped ones as well as having much more action-filled appearence (it's nothing compared to the new High Elves Dragon though, in my opinion).

Anyway, I still do not know what kind of Dragon this is... Does anyone know? And which army was it made for?

Lordsaradain
27-04-2010, 20:21
Its a converted carnosaur(lizardmen).

Desert Rain
27-04-2010, 20:21
It is a conversion based on the body of a Carnosaur with the wings of a Dragon.

Crube
27-04-2010, 20:22
Just been to have a look, and I couldn't place it - but your answer Lordsaradain makes sense...

Looks cool doesn't it :)

Spike Fiend
27-04-2010, 20:30
Great Gods, that explains it all!

Thanks for replying! (:

TeddyC
27-04-2010, 21:52
model currently on disply in warhammer world notts.

it is indeed a converted carnosaur

Malorian
27-04-2010, 21:55
Screw the dragon... I want to know where I can get the knight from!

trapper
27-04-2010, 23:32
It seems like that image is reversed. The knight is the green knight with a different head and shield arm (cant place where those are from). The horse's head is for sure the GK's with the plumage taken off. The horse body looks like a filed down/green stuffed smooth GK horse aswell.

ftayl5
28-04-2010, 09:24
yeah it's a carny body, with ,I believe, a slightly altered tail and wings. The legs, too, Have been altered a bit

Davo
28-04-2010, 10:48
I know this is offtopic and perhaps doesn't even belong in this section but I just want a quick answer and it isn't really worthy of making a thread of its own.

How on earth do the current Dragon models not topple over forwards? Does it take some modelling skill? As I am terrible at even the basics.

EmperorNorton
28-04-2010, 11:50
I know this is offtopic and perhaps doesn't even belong in this section but I just want a quick answer and it isn't really worthy of making a thread of its own.

How on earth do the current Dragon models not topple over forwards? Does it take some modelling skill? As I am terrible at even the basics.

They are in danger of toppling over, but if you place them on the base right the danger can be averted.

Urgat
28-04-2010, 11:52
On a side note, for a destroyer of fortresses, this dragon is a tad small isn't it? :p

Jedi152
28-04-2010, 12:06
model currently on disply in warhammer world notts.

it is indeed a converted carnosaur
I was going to say this! :p

I was looking around, just about to leave when i saw it and dragged the missus over excitedly. I love that diorama.

The current HE one? Its feet are attached to the rock and it's solid. Also it's plastic and very light.

defunct
28-04-2010, 12:25
Malicuer the Firewyrm, love that beast! Great conversion, diorama.

Grymlok
28-04-2010, 21:38
Well, I've a Lizzie and Bret army, all 5 army books to go with them, and I've never noticed the dragon was a converted carnosaur, and just looked now and it was instantly obvious. How I didn't notice is beyond me now.

Malorian
28-04-2010, 22:00
Well, I've a Lizzie and Bret army, all 5 army books to go with them, and I've never noticed the dragon was a converted carnosaur, and just looked now and it was instantly obvious. How I didn't notice is beyond me now.

Sometimes the awesome blinds us all...

Troah
28-04-2010, 22:23

Same thing for me, had Bretonnia first and was obsessed with reading the codex and I always looked at that dragon. Then I got Lizardmen and did the same but never found the connection till now!