PDA

View Full Version : My friend's thinking about starting Lizardmen

Blink
27-04-2010, 21:45
We keep hearing they're a pretty fun army. What makes them so fun?

Malorian
27-04-2010, 21:52
They are resilient and lend themselves well to a new learner.

Just keep him away from too much magic to start off with...

Spiney Norman
27-04-2010, 22:04
I started Lizardmen because I wanted to paint models bright blue and orange, which seemed as good a reason as any. Oh, and because they had dinosaurs, and I've always been a dinosaur nut.

They're fun, but any army can be fun if it played by people who want to have fun rather than people who want to grind their opponent into the dirt no matter what the cost. Attitude and ego play a much greater part in how much fun you'll have in a game than which army you or your opponent is using.

If he likes the look of the army then thats the most important thing. Lizardmen are pretty forgiving to the initiate, and they are tremendously fun to paint. I say go for it.

Alltaken
27-04-2010, 22:19
At first they help win games fast since they are solid and realiable to do their job. Easy on new comers

They have an obvious excellent participation in both CC and magic turns, shooting and movement also. But those require some experience playwise; game and army.

They are flexible and have a lot of different playstyles which are competitive, it has low end and high end tactical reward, sort of end game content