PDA

View Full Version : Fleeing as a charge reaction:

Teravoc
28-04-2010, 00:12
We have a unit of 12, Woodelf Archers Unit Strength 12, being charged by 1 unit of Trolls Unit Stregth 9(Fear Causing). The Woodelves have chosen to FLEE as a charge reaction. Then Failed the fear test.

Should they:

Hold and hit on 6s

Or

Flee.

Necromancy Black
28-04-2010, 00:18
Um, you have to take a fear test first and if passed then you can make a charge reaction as normal.

Isn't that the order it's meant to work in?

Teravoc
28-04-2010, 00:45
No it definately states, First declare the units intended charge reaction, then test as soon as the fear causing enemy is determined to be in charge range.

If i chose to flee as a charge reaction, but then failed the fear test, Do i get to flee or do i have to take the charge, as I outnumber the fear causing enemy and only hit on 6s?

Bac5665
28-04-2010, 00:48
If you declare flee, you flee. Nothing about failing the fear test lets you change your reaction to hold. Its true, your archers would hit on 6's if they were in combat with the trolls this turn, but that doesn't change the fact that they won't be in combat with the tolls as they are fleeing.

Got it?

Teravoc
28-04-2010, 00:55
The archers are not in combat, if they flee the chances are they will be out of range of the Trolls. Question is really, When do i flee?

Do i flee before rolling the fear test, which case fine i flee. Or do i take the fear test. If I do take the fear test and fail, because i outnumber the trolls do i have to stand, are they too afraid to flee even though my reaction is to flee.

trapper
28-04-2010, 01:00
1) He charges
2) you pick your reaction
3) fear test - if you fail you flee if outnumbered, or react as normal but hit on 6s in combat if you outnumber
4) execute your charge reaction (flee, hold, stand and shoot)
5) fight combat (hit on 6s if you failed your fear test)

So in the case of choosing to flee thats what you will do, if you fail the test then you hit on 6s then flee. If you pass then you flee as normal.

Nurgling Chieftain
28-04-2010, 01:00
Failing the fear test does not change the reaction from flee to hold.

T10
28-04-2010, 08:37
If your unit flees from the charge there is no need to test for Fear/Terror. This is because units that are fleeing are immune to psychology.

Notice that this means that if your unit is charged by a Terror causing enemy and you declare a Flee! charge reaction, then it doesn't get to take its Terror test. It will flee alright, but it will remain susceptible to Terror tests.

-T10