PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Bell MR and unit

LiamTaylor
28-04-2010, 11:39
Hi

With the screaming bells magic resistance is it also passed onto the unit as well.

I can see two different ways to see this.

Yes argument:

BRB page 95
"If a character with magic resistance joins a unit, the resistance affects the entire unit"
This seems quite clear

No argument:

You have to target the screaming bell seperately from the unit for example with a magic missle, therefore if you target the unit it isnt going to affect the bell so no MR,
Also from the skaven book, it specifically says on page 42 - "The bLessing of the Horned Rat is upon the Screaming Bell, giving it and the Grey Seer a ward save of 4+"
It doesn't mention the unit

On a side note, when using a spell that affects all within 12" for example would it be both the unit and the bell inside or just one, and if so who chooses, or do you randomise??

If its just one how do you see if you are going to get MR if the unit doesnt get it

Thoughts???

Thanks

Liam

sorberec
28-04-2010, 12:25
I'm no expert but I'd have to say that the MR does pass to the unit as per the BRB section you quoted.

It's still part of the unit even if some other rules allow the Bell to be targetted seperately.

Not sure about your side note question, it would depend on exact the wording of the spell.

Milgram
28-04-2010, 12:35
you do not have to target the bell separate from the unit. but you may. if there are only 4 more skaven left in the unit, then the hits from shooting/magic are distributed as with any other character.

you cannot target the unit without including the bell.

LiamTaylor
28-04-2010, 13:07
Thanks a lot for the help,

Knew I was playing it wrong but couldn't work out what to do with it

Liam

T10
28-04-2010, 20:32
Thoughts???

My tongue is dissolving in my mouth.

And the Bell confers its MR to the unit. This is because a model with MR confers this to the unit. Thus the unit benefits from the MR of the Bell that is in the unit.

-T10

TheDarkDaff
29-04-2010, 08:37
The only funny bit is if you point out that if the grey seer is killed then you no longer use pg95 as the bell isn't a character. In that case the Bell would have MR but wouldn't pass it on but this is being a bit rules lawyery.

edit - MR is irrelevant against spells that effect all units in a radius. They don't target anything so never trigger MR.