PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Brettonia

cthulhu_fred
28-04-2010, 15:00
So, not sure its really a rumor, so much as a quaint fact... the battalion box seems to have vanished from the Brettonia "Book and Sets" page. Might be time to buy 'em up while you can?

Monachus
28-04-2010, 15:16
So, not sure its really a rumor

what rumour exactly?

the battalion box seems to have vanished from the Brettonia "Book and Sets" page. Might be time to buy 'em up while you can?

I can still see them there

Maguano
28-04-2010, 15:21
its not listed on the US site, atm

dwarfhold13
28-04-2010, 15:23
some of the armies don't have battalion sets, it doesn't mean they are going anywhere... i think brettonia is just fine

Magic Karl
28-04-2010, 15:34
Yeah I can see the set on the UK site... I wonder if GW will pay me to tell you to buy up every set while you can?

Totally, go for it...

Jedi152
28-04-2010, 15:38
It's all plastic sets, so they won't disappear. Unlike Questing Knights! :mad:

Lord Malorne
28-04-2010, 15:41
I still think repackaging the bret battalion to have two less peg knights and 8 more infantry was a terrible idea, won't miss the box if it is discontinued (which it won't be).

defunct
28-04-2010, 16:07
*snip*Unlike Questing Knights!:mad:

Hear hear! :cries:

I have already emailed them to bring 'em back!

Gandalf the Gay
28-04-2010, 16:34
I still think repackaging the bret battalion to have two less peg knights and 8 more infantry was a terrible idea, won't miss the box if it is discontinued (which it won't be).

Im pretty sure it was only 4 more infantrymen. Last I checked, it was on the site(swedish), but there was no "buy" button to click on. very weird.

Pacorko
28-04-2010, 16:58
So, maybe it not all bad? Maybe we're going to get the two peg-riders added back...

... and the price tag going to 60 quid?

C'mon, you know there's no "good side" with GW pricing policies/changes in batallion boxes.

jayzerus
28-04-2010, 16:59
I can't even view any of the items - Core, Special, Rare, Lords and Heroes. Nothing. And if I click on the Bretonnia button, it just goes to a blank page.

Interesting. I think its a website glitch though. It does the same thing for all the armies.

Griefbringer
28-04-2010, 17:31
Interesting. I think its a website glitch though. It does the same thing for all the armies.

No, it is a sure indicator that all of the current armies will be discontinued with 8th edition. Instead there will be a whole new bunch of armies released, including:

- Warhammer Armies: Fishmen
- Warhammer Armies: Middle Elves
- Warhammer Armies: Halflings
- Warhammer Armies: Nippon
- Warhammer Armies: Werewolves
- Warhammer Armies: Space Marines

mdauben
28-04-2010, 18:53
Woohoo! I've been waiting for years for GW to do the Fishmen! :p

Griefbringer
28-04-2010, 19:02
Woohoo! I've been waiting for years for GW to do the Fishmen! :p

I must admit that so far a lot of the rumours of their forthcoming release have been red herrings, which has lead a lot of people to dismiss any rumours of their possible release as a bunch of crab.

Just keep in mind that they might possibly have an entirely new bass size introduced (possibly accompanied by appropriately sized movement rays).

selone
28-04-2010, 19:29
I must admit that so far a lot of the rumours of their forthcoming release have been red herrings, which has lead a lot of people to dismiss any rumours of their possible release as a bunch of crab.

Just keep in mind that they might possibly have an entirely new bass size introduced (possibly accompanied by appropriately sized movement rays).

Sorry this is just isn't the plaice for bad fish puns.

Griefbringer
28-04-2010, 19:48
Just wait until you see some of the miniatures - they are claimed to be totally brill, with very shark and fin details! The sculptors have really managed to catch their look and eel this time.

Of course once they are out, WD will be filed up to the gills with articles about them. Actually so much that they are going to be adding extra pages, making it a real whale of an issue!

Just make sure to pile up some money - those goldfish models won't be cheap!

Spiney Norman
28-04-2010, 20:01
No, it is a sure indicator that all of the current armies will be discontinued with 8th edition. Instead there will be a whole new bunch of armies released, including:

- Warhammer Armies: Werewolves

Pretty close, actually the future release schedule looks more like this

- Warhammer Armies: Green Space Marines
- Warhammer Armies: Red Space Marines
- Warhammer Armies: Chaos Dwarfs
- Warhammer Armies: Silver Space Marines
- Warhammer Armies: Grey Space Marines
- Warhammer 9th Edition

Zaonite
28-04-2010, 20:08
I can see this thread degenerating into yet another (if amusing) thread on fish puns and general sillyness.
There's no news or rumours here. Can someone close the thread please, to preserve our collective sanity.

spetswalshe
28-04-2010, 20:13
Sorry this is just isn't the plaice for bad fish puns.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Warhammer; Fishmen sounds like they'd do well in tournaments that use a great deal of aquatic ter-ray-n; perfect for those angler-ing for a podium placie-ment or hoping to scale the rankings. If they end up being overpowered, well - who's going to complain, Daemon players? Tuna-bout is fair play. I'd certainly consider it a plesiosaur to school them once in a while.

Griefbringer
28-04-2010, 20:26
Actually, I have been informed from an almost reliable source that the Middle Elves have been renamed as Medium Elves. There will also be two other types of elves released: Rare Elves and Well-done Elves.

Also, the Space Marines have been renamed as Steak Marines to set them more clearly apart from the 40K. Apparently there were too many people having beef about it.

Pushkin
28-04-2010, 21:10
Come on guys leave off the fish puns or this thread is bound to be a flop...

Zaonite
28-04-2010, 21:33
I should never have said anything. Really guys, cod you eely stop it with the fish puns. It really isn't the plaice.
I mean, we've all heard a gill-ion of them before. Most of us will spend ages fishing around with words trying to hook some keywords into gags. Sometimes it's a real load of pollacks.

Really there's no need to be koi here, we're all having a whale of a time with these jokes.

Malorian
28-04-2010, 21:36
Ugh... it's like being kicked in the groin in slow motion... again and again...

Must... find... a... way... to... get... back... on... topic...

Men at arms suck! And all those who use them are fools! No wonder they are pulling the box if it has them!

(There, that should do it...)

Zaonite
28-04-2010, 21:51
Sorry Malorian, I couldn't resist.

However; on topic, slightly.

In the may edition of white dwarf, there's a news article about the bretonnians having a huge game in the studio.
In my eyes this is a heads up from GW saying that brets are due soon.

Dantès
29-04-2010, 03:24
Sorry Malorian, I couldn't resist.

However; on topic, slightly.

In the may edition of white dwarf, there's a news article about the bretonnians having a huge game in the studio.
In my eyes this is a heads up from GW saying that brets are due soon.

Maybe something to do with those rumors about heavy cav not being able to march, and making purebreed so brets can? Who knows. Seems Brets get hit pretty hard on an army wide level by the rumored changes, so they could very well be next. But I really feel like TK deserves a new army book. Unless...they will release Dwarfs/OK/TK/Brets the same day! I wish...