PDA

View Full Version : Missing Necrons :'(

jspyd3rx
28-04-2010, 23:51
I miss playing my Necrons. My first tournament a few months ago won me third place in my highly competitive Miami group a few months ago. Now after doing the Vulkin thing, Ork thing, Tau thing, Nid thing, Tau thing again and now Blood Angels; I find myself still doing Necron lists. I sold my armies to fuel other armies, yet continually keep theory hammering Necron tactics against the new thing. Now with Necrons coming down the pike soon and rumors continually popping up I am tempted to go back. Even heard Harry bought a few crons after hearing some stuff too. Should I jump back in? Maybe sell everything to fuel a massive Necron army? Or just start back a little at a time?

Repentant Son
29-04-2010, 01:30
Start slowly. I voted sell it all, because you should do that too, but don't get too used to the codex. It will come out in at least 6 months, maybe longer. That's enough time to build a sizable horde/hoard (I mean both words), but it's also enough time to get used to the codex and complain when you have to change your army around when the new codex comes out.

Oh, and there is a necrontyr forum for such things - Necrontyr online - and it needs some active members. I'll come back with a link in just a sec.

EDIT: Here's the link.

http://necrontyronline.freeforums.org/

jspyd3rx
29-04-2010, 02:03
Thanks, already planning on getting 10x destroyers next week.

jspyd3rx
29-04-2010, 13:58
Thanks for the feedback in poll guys. I will be starting them again. Firstoff will be my destroyers then on to warriors. So hopefully in about 2x months I should have a fully painted 1.5k army.

Vhalyar
29-04-2010, 14:21
Since Necrons are rumored to come out early next year, I'd be a little patient. Or at the very least, I wouldn't rush out my purchases.

jspyd3rx
29-04-2010, 14:25
I am sure if I stick to current plastics, I shouldn't have a problem.

Thanatos_elNyx
29-04-2010, 14:32
Buy some of your favourite models and paitn them up.
Take your time, and wait for teh new codex.

Hopefully it will rock and they older crappier models will be replaced.

bluenova
29-04-2010, 14:53
I'm in a similar place, I was gonna build a Necron army ages ago (just after the last codex came out), but went with Tyranids in the end (IIRC I was put off by phase out), but I:

continually keep theory hammering Necron tactics against the new thing. Now with Necrons coming down the pike soon and rumors continually popping up I am tempted

So I've decided to give in to temptation :D

I'm just gonna go for value for money - get a battle force box (or 2) and build up from there. I think you're right to stick to plastics, just get the basics for now and see how they play - or how you play with them (theory hammer is great, but you can't beat actually getting them on the table) - then, when the new codex lands, you can expand your army by grabbing the new kits for units that fit your playstyle.

ChrisMurray
29-04-2010, 15:06
I too am sticking to plastics in hope they won't change (much) when the new codex is released. Instead of buying 10 destroyers and then warriors I'd suggest getting 2 or 3 battleforces. Each battle force will give you 3 destroyers, 28 warriors and 7 (I think) scarab swarm basses. Works out alot cheaper.

jspyd3rx
29-04-2010, 15:25
I did keep my converted Lords though.

bluenova
30-04-2010, 14:55
Nice Lords :)

I like the spikey one at the front - are they Tau legs?

Hashmal
30-04-2010, 15:11
Warmachine. The body is Lich Lord Asphyxious and the legs are from a Warjack of some kind (can't quite line it up with one of the Cryxian ones).

Cryx models make for good Necron conversion fodder, even though it is a bit pricey to do so.

jtw1n
30-04-2010, 15:40
Honestly I would wait and see what the new codex brings and if you like the old models they should be on sale cheap once the new line is out. So you get a new dex and cheaper units in a few months hopefully.