PDA

View Full Version : 2250 OK vs Skaven

minionboy
29-04-2010, 01:25
So I've got a grudge match coming up monday against the local Skaven player. I've been throwing down my Ogres lately and want to give them a chance to fight back against the Skaven. I know for a fact that the Skaven player will use a Hellpit Abomination, Doomwheel and either a Screaming Bell or Plague Furnace, along with a couple other casters. I'm not terribly concerned about his troops, but the Abom and Doomwheel are bad news.

Here is the list I'm thinking:
Tyrant: Great Weapon, Greatskull, Wyrdstone Necklace, Beastkiller, Heavy Armor
Butcher: Brahmir Statue
Butcher: Hellheart
Bruiser: BSB, Heavy Armor, Warbanner, Lookout Gnoblar

3 Bulls: LA, IF, Bellower
3 Bulls: LA, IF, Bellower
4 Ironguts: Bellower, Standard Bearer
4 Ironguts: Bellower, Standard Bearer
20 Gnoblars
8 Gnoblar Trappers

2 Leadbelchers: Bellower
2 Leadbelchers: Bellower
3 Yhettes

1 Gorger
1 Gorger

I still have 31 points to play around with as well. The Butchers each go with a unit of Bulls, The tyrant in one unit of Ironguts and the bruiser in another.

The tyrant would be for trying to smash the Doomwheel and/or Screaming Bell. Both butchers will be using Braingobbler to try and panic the abom, possibly putting both in the same unit to have both do panic tests at -3 (too cheesy?). Yhettes, leadbelchers and gorgers will try and hit the flanks of units.

I've also been considering a Longstrider Hunter with cats as another source of M7 and rank breaking.

skank
29-04-2010, 01:35
Might as well put the skullmantle in there for another -1 ld on panics, priority one panic the Abomb.

minionboy
29-04-2010, 02:03
Might as well put the skullmantle in there for another -1 ld on panics, priority one panic the Abomb.

Thought about it, but I thought the Hellheart would be nice to shut down magic for a turn.

ahk3927
29-04-2010, 03:47
I don't recommend using Leadbelchers. What are you going to shoot? Slaves? Rats?
They do a decent job at taking out Knights & Expensive T3 models, not against Rats.

Yhettes are also point sink against Rats.

I would use those 435 pts on more Bull units and extra Gnoblars.

Instead of BSB, You can have Tenderizer Bruiser or Hunter depending on your taste in thi s set up.

Jind_Singh
29-04-2010, 16:34
Take skull manlte! You need as many failed ld tests as possible - but the skaven wont run as you'll never outnumber them!, but you'll have better chances when you win a combat - the extra -1 is fantastic!

v's skaven i'd take 2 units of bulls over lead belchers but then again the lead belchers are very handy for stopping plauge censor bearers....mmm, now i'm not so sure!

I'd also run just add hw for bulls, save points and grab other things

I'd drop standards on the iron guts - thats 40pts i can use for something again more useful - like 20 gnoblars to throw sharp stuff at the big nasties

shame you dont have a scrap launcher - the large template would be ace v's the sneaky rats!

minionboy
02-05-2010, 21:55
The game is tomorrow! Here's an updated list. I dropped the magic, since he is probably going to use 4 caster characters, the odds of me getting a spell off are slim to none. Instead, a bit of magic mitigation items and more characters for stomping!

Tyrant: Great Weapon, Greatskull, Wyrdstone Necklace, Beastkiller, Heavy Armor

Bruiser: BSB, 2 Gnoblar Thiefstones, Heavy Armor
Bruiser: Tenderizer, Heavy Armor
Hunter: Longstrider, 2 Sabertusks

4 Ogre Bulls: LA, Iron Fists, Bellower
4 Ogre Bulls: LA, Iron Fists, Bellower
4 Ironguts: Standard Bearer, Warbanner, Bellower
3 Ironguts: Standard Bearer, Bellower
20 Gnoblars
8 Gnoblar Trappers

2 Leadbelchers
2 Leadbelchers

3 Maneaters: Great Weapons, Heavy Armor

This gives me a unit of 3 Ironguts with the tyrant and BSB, plus a second unit of ironguts with the other bruiser, and then a unit of GW Maneaters. Each of these units should be able to break some skaven on the charge and prove to be a moderate threat to the Abom. I'm a little nervous without the Yhettes though as they were a great source of M7 and moving through cover, but with this list, I have 3 separate units that *should* be able to handle his tough guys.

I'm still considering dropping the banners on the Ironguts, but I feel the +1 combat res will help me quite a bit really. I may switch the Warbanner for the Runemaw on the unit of 4 guts to make it so both units have some sort of magic protection.

@ahk3927 - The Leadbelchers aren't for shooting down enemies as much as they are for protecting my flanks and hitting theirs. The OK has a lot of hard to maneuver units and the Belchers are quite maneuverable by comparison only being 2 wide. Plus with a US of 6 for the two, that's enough to negate enemy ranks.