PDA

View Full Version : hey, WOC players, anyone use 'distendable maw"

brendino
29-04-2010, 05:01
hey guys, n00b WOC player here, recently got the armybook, (thats right, army book, not codex) and I saw the distendable maw in the gifts of chaos section.
So pretty much it seems like the coolest/ most hillarious thing ever!!
but seriously I can't decide if its even any good at all for actually playing games, so thought I'd throw this up and try to get a discussion going on what I think is possibly the most hillarious upgrade GW has ever written.

Thanks guys,
Brendino.

ChaosVC
29-04-2010, 05:20
That is why everyone is very worried about the coming 8th ed.

brendino
29-04-2010, 05:27
sorry, what do you mean by that.... I don't actually know a lot about the coming 8th ed...

Heimagoblin
29-04-2010, 07:47
are you talking about lots of noobs moving to the game?

It only works on infantry when most characters are mounted+ its expensive+ you lose your ordinary attacks- its not good

Memnos
29-04-2010, 08:14
The only reason to take it is with a Nurgle Spellcaster: Reduce S, T, I and A to 1, then make him have a test on a 1.

Of course, you could just beat him up if you cast that spell as he has S, T, I and A of 1. On the other hand, with unkillable Lords, it's not bad.

Witchblade
29-04-2010, 12:05
It's an utter waste of points, but if you like it, you should go for it.

Havock
29-04-2010, 13:24
Funny against orks and dwarfs. All other characters have too high an initiative. Word of agony is better most of the time. Seeing as it can kill VHS warrior priests, assassins etc before the mandatory challenge is issued.

Bladelord
29-04-2010, 14:17
Against Heralds of Nurgle & Lizzies it might work too.

brendino
29-04-2010, 15:35
thanks guys. thats what I was thinking two many points for forefitting all your other attacks which are pretty beast to begin with, escpecially with a magic weapon of some sort.

P.S. I am a n00b WOC player, not a n00b warhammer player, I have full armies of both high elves and empire, and have been to a few tournaments. jeez guys, respect.... :P

Havock
29-04-2010, 16:05
Yes, it is really expensive and only remotely resembling usefulness on a sorcerer.