PDA

View Full Version : 500 pts of CHEESY goodness???

pyromaster55
29-04-2010, 04:19
Farseer
Runes of warding
Runes of witnessing
Mind war

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers

Wraithlord
Twin flamers
Twin linked Bright lances

Wraithlord
Twin Flamers
Scatter laser

total of 500pts....

:DHow big of an *** would I be for fielding this?:D

[SD] Bob Plisskin
29-04-2010, 04:28
could drop runes of wit and put doom or fortune or something.

but at these low points you should house rule against this kind of thing. combat patrol was always cheesy especially when i brought my 6 vypers.

EDIT - plus wrong forum buddy :(
edit 2 - unless you looking for more a conversation on how much ass like you are and not the list :)

Dach
29-04-2010, 04:39
hmm i would slaugher your 10 wimsy scoring model and try to avoid the 2 wraithlord...

Should win easily. :p

owen matthew
29-04-2010, 05:11
hmm i would slaugher your 10 wimsy scoring model and try to avoid the 2 wraithlord...

Should win easily. :p

Exactly. The Farseer would go down pretty easily as well. The WLs would be tough, but avoidable in the end.

Devil-Tears
29-04-2010, 06:30
For more cheesey goodness, I'd go for 2 squads of 3 bikes. Same point cost, and your opponent can't kill what they can't catch

Griffindale
29-04-2010, 06:35
For more cheesey goodness, I'd go for 2 squads of 3 bikes. Same point cost, and your opponent can't kill what they can't catch

Thats what I think. I expect that mobility will become even more of an advantage when playing low point games because there will be that much more space on the table.

Lord Damocles
29-04-2010, 08:20
That's not particularly cheesy at all.

Project2501
29-04-2010, 08:32
Farseer
Runes of warding
Runes of witnessing
Mind war

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers

Wraithlord
Twin flamers
Twin linked Bright lances

Wraithlord
Twin Flamers
Scatter laser

total of 500pts....

:DHow big of an *** would I be for fielding this?:D

1st: This should be in the army list subforum.

2nd: That list is simply 2 wraithlords, which are both easily ignorable and killable.

3rd: You wouldn't be an ass at all, as everyone that knows how to play welcomes free wins.

Dr.Mercury
29-04-2010, 09:23
Honestly I think you would be a dumb ass for fielding this list.

Melta and plasma guns and any anti tank weapons are going to make short work of the wraithlords, and as someone else pointed out, once the whopping 10 dire avengers are killed, (not a difficult feat) you have no scoring capability.
So kill your avengers
Kill one WL
Tie up the other WL away from an objective=I win

Doomseer
29-04-2010, 09:35
What you're trying to do makes you an a** but you fail because your cheese is old and mouldy!!

Wraithlords used to be tough but the easy access to poisoned weapons/Hellfire rounds etc renders them pretty sad these days, most other things will just avoid them/out range them.

5 Dire avengers will just die so fast, as will the farseer, T3 and 4+ saves need Serpents.

Psychic defense is pretty wasted at this level and targetting the Farseer to remove it and force Wraithsight tests on your 'Lords is a viable tactic anyway.

There are much cheesier combinations available than this.

Firmlog
29-04-2010, 10:25
I would drop the second wraithlord with the scatter laser and add a bike squad of 4 jetbikes with shuricannon

Bunnahabhain
29-04-2010, 11:10
I wouldn't play 500pts at all, without using the combat patrol rules.

Thud
29-04-2010, 12:35
Back in 3rd edition, this used to be the pinnacle of all things cheesy;

2x 5 Guardians w/ Star Cannon
3x Wraithlord
500 points

But nowadays similar concepts are easily dealt with, and Eldar, as a whole, is in serious trouble in games less than 1000 points without the Combat Patrol rules.

genestealer_baldric
29-04-2010, 16:20
your wraithlords will not want to run into a swarm of hormagaunts with toxin sacks, on second thoughts hormagaunts would shred your whole force without breaking a sweat.

senorcardgage
29-04-2010, 16:39
Back in 3rd edition, this used to be the pinnacle of all things cheesy;

2x 5 Guardians w/ Star Cannon
3x Wraithlord
500 points

But nowadays similar concepts are easily dealt with, and Eldar, as a whole, is in serious trouble in games less than 1000 points without the Combat Patrol rules.

80 point Avatar FTW

Ba'al Starslayer
29-04-2010, 16:50
I field a Ravager in 500 points. Say Hi. :p
My Archon has taken down a Wraithlord before too... they're really not THAT hard to kill, plus a 10 man squad of DE Warriors with Blaster, S-Cannon and a Sybarite with Agonizer could make short work of Dire Avengers once they leap out of their Raider. Yeah... You need to rethink your ideas buddy :/

Bonzai
29-04-2010, 19:07
Here are some sample 500 point lists that I have. Think about how your list will fair against them.

Guard
commissar
vet squad w/ 2 melta, chimera
vet squad w/ 2 flamer, chimera
leman Russ

tyrannid
2x tervigon w/ catalyst, toxin sacs, adrenal glands
2x 10 termagaunts

space marines
master of the forge
2x 5 tac squad w/ razorbacks
dreadnought w/ drop pod

chaos space marines
demon prince w/ mos, lash, wings
5 CSM w/ flamer
5 CSM w/ asp champion, pf
2x obliterators

these are the types of lists that you might end up facing. In my opinion? They can all give you troubles.

The guard list is mobile, and the only real threat is the bright cannon wraithlord. Once he is down, they can run away and pepper you at range.

The tyrannid list is also tough. They all get furios charge and poison, with possible reinforcements every turn. You will be out numbered, out gunned, and over whelmed in assaults.

The space marines are mobile, and will have a dreadnought in your grill turn 1.

The Chaos list can cause all kinds of hell.

Ozendorph
29-04-2010, 21:30
My 500pt Daemons List was:

Skulltaker on Chariot
Bloodletters x8
Bloodletters x 8
Bloodcrushers x 2

Silly, isn't it?

Skulltaker will drop as many Wraith Lords as he can get into hth with each turn, no problem. Hit on 3s, insta-gib on 4+, and he ignores your Mind War on a 2+

Bloodcrushers kill everything else (4 S6 I5 attacks each on the charge, no saves)

Khorne, baby. Raaaaah

Morgrad
29-04-2010, 23:27
2 x 20 gargoyles with FC and TS
Tyranid Prime
2 x 10 termagants.

Bye, wraithlord list!

Of course, I don't think I'd *field* this because it has no AT - but vs. a list built on MCs? It would completely school it.

Bunnahabhain
30-04-2010, 00:36
Melta vets, chimera
Melta vets, chimera
Command squad, chimera

and change for a cheap unit, or to add a few toys...

Veteran platoon. easy, fluffy, and effective. Just hope you don't run into an Avatar, as your MCs killers don't touch it...

Dwane Diblie
30-04-2010, 01:39
I counteract with my own Eldar and I know my Eldar is not the best Eldar, but here goes.

Farseer
└ Guide
6 Rangers
6 Rangers
3 Warwalkers
├Scatter Laser
└ ELM

Farseer guides WWs, Rangers 1 fire at Bright Lance WL. If it is still alive then Rangers 2 fires as BL WL else SL WL. WWs fire Krak at left over WLs or Plasma at dire avengers.

One point short of uping farseer to sining spear.

smicha6551
01-05-2010, 20:16
Honestly, I'd like to see how it deals with a green tide. 395 points gets you 60 boyz and a big mek as your HQ. Add wargear (rokkit launchas and PK's) to taste.

Lamoron
02-05-2010, 13:25
Big Mek - 35
Grots (10 + Runtherder) - 40

3x Killa Kans (Grotzooka) - 135
3x Killa Kans (Skorcha) - 120
3x Killa Kans (Skorcha) - 120

10 points left... Grots focus on staying alive, while you try to deal with 9 Walkers in 500 points. Still, it's hard to win when your Grots get killed.

Big Mek - 35
Deffdread (Twin Skorchas) - 85
2x Killa Kans (Grotzooka) - 90
1x Big Gun (Kannon) - 20

10 points left over. You got an actual long range anti tank gun in there, and still manage 7 walkers, now with better guns and one with more CC capability.