PDA

View Full Version : a troll army,...but a bit different (2250 pts)

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
29-04-2010, 18:41
Okay, im going for a Throgg the troll king theme, but, as i would like a second troll charcater, i figured if i kitted out a chaos lord properly i cud achieve this. Unfortunately, he can only keep up with troll units if he is on a daemonic steed, and thats too far in my opinion, so i figured that people would be ok with me mounting my chaos lord/heavily convertedd troll model onto a palanquin and making him look somewhere in a semblence to a great unclean one. I cud then right into the background that some crap happened, only zogg (chaos lord/trolls name), the troll patron of nurgle and a handful of his bodyguards made it out (7 chosen to keep with nurgle fluff, with frenzy banner, make em like some crazy zealous nuts who spread contagion in the name of the plaugefateher! :D) as well as his sorcerer advisor. They then went too throgg and asked for his assistance, in exchange, zogg would offer him the blessings and favour of nurgle, yadayadayad... then throgg raised an army to assist zogg.

so heres the list:

Chaos lord (zogg, the troll fester martial)
flail
Mark of Nurgle
Palanquin
word of agony (closest thing to troll vomit)
crown of everlasting conquest
helm of many eyes

Throgg, the troll king

sorcerer
2 dispel scrolls
MoN

4 trolls

4 trolls

4 trolls

4 trolls

4 trolls

5 chaos hounds

5 chaos hounds

5 chaos hounds

5 chaos hounds

giant river/stone/hill troll (giant)

7 chosen
great weapons (going to be modeled as flails)
shields
Mark Of Nurgle
Full Command
Banner of rage
Favour of the gods

Ok after that i have 9 points left, so go nuts with that. I have no probs with list suggestions, however, i want to keep the troll number high, the minimum ill drop to, not including characters is 18.

also, i will be using the chaos lord as the army general as im forced to by rules, but also because the problems caused by an almost entirely stupid army is difficult, ill need more than 1 12" radius ld character for this army to get anywhere and, if a chaos troll saw some fat bloated troll on a palanquin that looked similar to a great unclean one, i think he would listen to what it would have to say and recognise that he has some authority (if trolls can recognise that kind of thing) over him.

finally, im thinking of doing the sorcerer as some kind of half troll, perhaps using an orc shaman, elongating his nose and increasing his ear size and then doing some nurgley sculpting bits on.

thanks for any suggestions. Suggestions as to what i shud do for the giant troll would also be nice :D

w3rm
30-04-2010, 17:03
This is a pretty pimpin list. I like it a lot.