PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen 2k

Bauknefer
30-04-2010, 14:12
this list is meant to be different from chariot and mino spam i will not use any chariots and i will not add any more minos to the list. Please C+C are welcome. and i just came from WoC who i hated playing and im not going to go magic heavy. Thanks in advance :)

Beastlord (Gurk Deathoof) - Heavy armor, Ramhorn helm, Gnarled Hide,shield, Stone crusher mace. -249
Wargor (Kron Gorehorn) - Heavy armor, enchanted shield, Bsb - 129
Bray-shaman (Morg Bloodbrey) - Level 2, additional hand weapon - 112
Gors x20 - additional hand weapon, standard musician - 175
Gors x10 - additional hand weapon (ambush) - 80
Ungor raider x5 - 30
Ungor raider x5 - 30
Ungor raider x5 - 30 (ambush)
Ungor raider x5 - 30 (ambush)
Minotaurs x3 - additional hand weapon - 177
Minotaurs x3 - additional hand weapon - 177
Bestigors x19 - warbanner, standard bearer, musician - 271

The main idea is to make him hesitate with the ambush while my army hits from the front and my minos kill anything in there way. Deathoof is with the bestigors kron is with gors and at any time ill have my shaman cast bears anger on kron and hopefully i get spear or if not then ill just do my best with bears anger lol What do you think?

p.s. I hate chariots....and i want ld9 for PF tests

Jind_Singh
01-05-2010, 16:12
The level is almost wasted - may as well keep him level 1 with 2 scrolls as you don't have enough bound items or other toys to keep him busy.

The main issue with the list is that it's very 1 dimensional - though you have the minotaurs and besitigors in there, the main army (not ambushers) will struggle v's elite armies.

I would have taken a unit of razorgors over the 2nd unit of minos just because, and I would want to find a way to make at least 2 units of gors 25 strong - they drop like flies and you need as much static combat res as you can find with them!

At least 1 or 2 units of warhounds is also key - they provide good bait units, they redirect well, and they are cheap as chips so you can use them to flush out fanatics for e.g

Just food for thought!

With a primary infantry army I would also look at the importance of 2 spawn to help protect your vulnerable flanks.

Bauknefer
02-05-2010, 01:18
thank you very much. im still in the decision phase on the army i want to start and i dont think beastmen have made the cut. i was pouring over the army book today and the army would not put up a good fight or it would be alot of chariots minos and razorgors which is not the type of list i want thank you very much for your input.