PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Dark ELves

weasley!
30-04-2010, 16:29
Hi, got my 2000pts here and needed suggestions for it. It's first game is against Lizards, so any suggestions concerning that would be great.

Dreadlord, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Heavy Armour, Black Dragon, Caledor's Bane, Potion of Strength, Pendant of Khaeleth 575
Master, Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One, Battle Standard Bearer, Hydra Banner 214
Sorceress, Dark Steed, Scroll, Ring of Hotek 162

5 Dark Riders, Crossbows, Musician 117
5 Dark Riders, Crossbows, Musician 117
10 Warriors 60
5 Harpies 55
5 Harpies 55

7 Shades 112
7 Shades 112
6 Cold One Knights, Musician, Standard, Bearer of Hag Grief 221

Repeater Bolt Thrower 100

Total: 2000

Comments on the COK? The BSB with COK unit is a bit of a points sink but does pack a big punch. Versus Lizards too I assume they will be shooting them, some for the dragon too.

Tactic ideas too if you've got any.

Thanks

EDIT:

Here's another list I made:

Dreadlord, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Black Dragon, Potion of Strength, Crimson Death, Pendant of Khaeleth 565
Sorceress, Dark Steed, Scroll, Ring of Hotek 162

10 Crossbowmen, musician 105
6 Dark Riders, Crossbows 132
6 Dark Riders, Crossbows 132
6 Harpies 66
6 Harpies 66

7 Shades, Great Weapons 126
7 Shades, Great Weapons 126

War Hydra 175

Assassin, Manbane, Rending Stars 145

Total: 2000

In this one I've got no opportunity for the Ring of Hotek to go elsewhere unfortunately, but i think the important parts of the army can stay under the Ring's umbrella. I realised Caledor's Bane is actually slightly pointless for only one extra strength over a normal lance. However, Crimson death does give me S6 all the time and i can use the potion if i had to kill a big thing. This one does include the Hydra this time.

tmarichards
30-04-2010, 23:58
Pretty powerful list you're going for here, so I'll bear that in mind...

Hydra Banner's not really necessary, the unit is usually fine without it, especially with the ASF banner. If you want to get round people whingaing at you putting the ASF banner on a unit champion, put it on the BSB and give the unit standard bearer the armour piercing banner. You could also then take a champion for the unit, and put the Ring of Hotek on him. That way, your level 1 can drop her dark steed and take a second scroll, and hide all game apart from occasionally throwing 1 dice at Chillwind.

You might find a hydra better, as it will force him to choose between the 2 large targets instead of just throwing a bucket of poisoned shots at the dragon.

weasley!
01-05-2010, 11:55
I've editted the original post and added an alternate list.

I guess I've got to play practice games using the Cold One unit with ring and the Sorceress with the ring. An extra scroll is tempting though.

The sorceress has the extra manoeuvrability, although in a unit of riders they will get punished by blowpipes, so I'm unsure what to do with her.

Plus, are the great weapons necessary on the shades?

Tekomandor
02-05-2010, 00:42
List number 2.....
Neither of those will make you many friends.
Is this for friendlys or tournies?

weasley!
02-05-2010, 00:44
Mostly tourneys. They may get used in store now and then depending on who I'm playing. If I knew the game was going to be purely for fun then I'd make a new list for that game.

Tekomandor
02-05-2010, 01:05
Ahhh; ok - list 2 is better IMO; but perhaps you should try a couple of differnet combos for your rares?

weasley!
02-05-2010, 01:11
It was pointed out quite usefully to me that theres no point taking crimson death and potion as the S6 can never be modified. So the potion leaves.

I'm trying to cut out ALL the fat right now to fit in a 10 man spearmen unit, to claim a table quarter and give me an edge in deployment. I can get 52 so far (potion and 2 harpies), ideas on getting the remaining 8?

Not sure what you mean by try other rare combos since there is only either mixed, 4 bolts or 2 hydras :S

I'm relatively new to dark elves and unsure for the tactics to use on the Hydra. Is it better to move it up with the dragon/ riders, or put it on an opposite flank and distract the enemy?