PDA

View Full Version : WoC Deathstar

Gaargod
30-04-2010, 21:01
Not entirely sure why i keep writing these lists, but i suppose it taxes the brain.

Sigvald = 425

Exalted Hero with BSB, shield, barded steed, Mark of Tzeentch and Collar of Khorne = 191

Exalted Hero with shield, great weapon, Mark of Tzeentch and Helm of Many Eyes = 158

Sorcerer with 2 scrolls and Barded Steed = 147

5 Marauder Horsemen with flails, musician and Mark of Slaanesh = 91

34 Chosen with Halberds, Shields, full command, Mark of Tzeentch, Favour of the Gods and Banner of Rage = 770

Warshrine with Mark of Slaanesh = 140

Warshrine with Mark of Slaanesh = 140

Total = 2248

Evi little trick i discovered. Obviously, all the heroes sit in chosen unit - but by deploying 6 wide, i can't fit them all in (Sigvald + 2 exalted + 3 command). Therefore, i get to stick my sorcerer in the 2nd second rank where he can't physically be attacked. Chosen hit hard enough for me to not care.

Standard shenanigans with warhshrines. Ideally of course rolling 11 or 12 with chosen roll, but short of that aim for 3, 6 and 9 to be able to force rerolls until 11/12. In other words, turn 2 3+ ward save. Magic res 2, 2 scrolls and T4 2/3/4+ (depending on use of shields, obviously) save takes care of the rest.

You may also be looking at Banner of rage in a concerned way. I know the fashion is to use rapturous standard (yay for only breaking by rolling an 11 twice in a row), but... Banner of Rage is just harsh. Depending on how Eye of the Gods rolls go, can quite easily have standard guys with 4 S6 WS6 I5 attacks each. It also majorly buffs the heroes and Sigvald - no one wants to face 8 WS8 S5 and 5 WS7 S7 attacks coming at you with ASF.
Yes, they will be baited like crazy... but here's the thing. They're only Mv4 infantry, so failed charges means they go 4 inches a turn. If you charge them, no matter how, you will lose that combat (seriously, even stupid things like charging in with 4 units of 6 frenzied chaos knights still results in most of the knights exploding in a turn).

Therefore the absolute most an enemy can get out of the list is 653pts + 3 table quarters, and that's assuming pretty damm perfect play.

Realistically, the only things the unit cares about are The Dreaded Thirteenth/Gateway rolling irresistable or Archaon very (if he activates Dorghar, he explodes himself in time) slowly chewing it to death. Or continually failing LD10 stupid tests :D

Oh, and for extra fun - imagine this in 8th ed. Bit of manipulation, and could happily have Sigvald + BSB with more horsemen/hounds for core, whilst the chosen unit is now instantaneous death for anything that comes into contact.

evisor
30-04-2010, 21:18
Nice try, but I just can't see an army with 1750 points in a 4" move frenzied unit can win any battles.......

Zinch
30-04-2010, 21:36
Evisor is right.
Just remove the banner. A 1750 points unit don't have to be frenzied! It's so easy to have them following a flying or fast cavalry unit ell the battle... And with sigvald and 2 exalted heros in their first rank, I don't think you need those 3 extra attacks that frenzie gives you...

Bladelord
30-04-2010, 21:40
The Banne of Rage will give the characters +1 atk too but it's NOT worth it in a death star.

rtunian
30-04-2010, 21:45
perhaps a problem with your use of mage:

as long as a character remains in the back ranks he cannot fight, or use magic or magic items

Havock
30-04-2010, 21:56
Solution± plop him on a disc and hide him in the dark recesses of the gaming table ;)

BigbyWolf
01-05-2010, 00:40
(if he activates Dorghar, he explodes himself in time)

An exploding horse? Cool! ;)

VonUber
01-05-2010, 02:30
The best chaos deathstars are units with the mark of nurgle. Frenzy is to easly baited

ogresrdabest
01-05-2010, 19:27
Not entirely sure why i keep writing these lists, but i suppose it taxes the brain.

i know why you write these lists alex... its coz you have nothin better to do with your life than crush little kids dreams!

(He showed a beginner at a schools club the shadestar... GRRRRRR!!!!!!!)

Lol

Bladelord
02-05-2010, 00:50
The best chaos deathstars are units with the mark of nurgle. Frenzy is to easly baited

Eh, for Chosen+2 Warshrines I'd sayTzeentch. With Favour of the Gods you'll probably get that 4+ Ward & Stubborn. Hm -1 to hit & -1 WS 4+ ward or 3+ ward?

Tekomandor
02-05-2010, 03:13
Just plain INSANE! Great anti-deathstar list if you think about it

brendino
02-05-2010, 17:34
take the blasted standard and mark of tzeentch instead of the banner of rage which IMO sucks big hairy #$@%