PDA

View Full Version : Skaven - 2000 Points

petpetpetpet
01-05-2010, 11:27
Hiya pls rate my 2k list!

Warlord
Weeping blade, skalm, foul pendant, heavy armour, shield.

Chieftain
BSB, great weapon, shroud of dripping death.

Warlock engineer.
Lvl 1, 2 dispel scrolls.

22x3 Clanrats
Shields, FC.

20x2 Clanrats.
Musician.

15 Nightrunners.

30 Stormvermin
FC, 2d6 str2 banner, poisoned attacks for champ, shields.

30 Plague monks
Plague banner.

9 Pcb's.

Doomwheel.

7 Gutter runners
Poisoned attacks

Any ideas on how to improve eeeet? :D

Thanks,

Petx4

Nocculum
01-05-2010, 12:46
Hi, just a few points/thoughts that popped into my head as I read through the list. Feel free to ask any questions/elaborate on army intentions. I'm more than happy to help.

Warlord
Weeping blade, skalm, foul pendant, heavy armour, shield.

Perfectly acceptable Warlord, good balance between offence and defence. I can only assume he is on foot as he will be accompanying the Stormvermin? If we can free up points as we go, then I'd suggest a War Litter, not only for the aesthetics, but for the additional save and attacks as well.

Chieftain
BSB, great weapon, shroud of dripping death.

First addition here is a shield. Whilst you have the great weapon, it is always a good idea to give characters the option to switch to defensive against en-masse low strength attacks and to knight crushing STR6. The Shroud itself is a good defensive tool but to really gain the benefit you have to rely on your unit running away, and I'm guessing that's not something you want your very large unit of Stormvermin (and very costly) to do. I would wholeheartedly suggest taking the Warbanner instead. Static resolution of 7 for your vermin gives you a very solid block, as well as a dual leadership and break-test re-rolling bubble.

Cheiftain
Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Shield
Warbanner
101 Points

30 Stormvermin
FC, 2d6 str2 banner, poisoned attacks for champ, shields.

Exchange the banner for the Stormbanner, and remove poisoned attacks; a one wound model with 2 STR4 shouldn't need offence investment. Place the poisoned attack points and a Tail Weapon on the Warlord, and the Battle Standard if needed.

7 Gutter runners
Poisoned attacks

Drop poison attacks, invariably not worth the exuberant cost.