PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pts VC

Phenatix
02-05-2010, 03:52
EDIT: A revised list can be found on Post #7 (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4624853&postcount=7).

Heroes:
Vampire @ 185 pts
-Summon Ghouls
-Dark Acolyte
-The Flayed Hauberk
-Sword of Might

Vampire @ 190 pts
-Summon Ghouls
-Dark Acolyte
-The Cadaverous Cuirass
-Helm of Commandment

Wight King @ 235 pts
-Battle Standard Banner
-The Drakenhof Banner
-Great Weapon

Core:
Crypt Ghouls @ 200 pts
-25 x Crypt Ghoul

Crypt Ghouls @ 200 pts
-24 x Crypt Ghoul
-Crypt Ghast

Corpse Cart @ 100 pts
-Unholy Lodestone

Special:
Grave Guard @ 219 pts
-11 x Grave Guard
-Seneschal
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Banner of the Barrows
-Great Weapons

Black Knights @ 168 pts
-6 x Black Knight
-Barded Skeletal Steeds

---

Well my plan was to put the SoM Vampire with the 24-man unit of Ghouls and spam IoN while the HoC Vampire and Wight King BSB with the Grave Guard. I made the SoM Vampire's Ghoul unit be 24 with a Ghast so that there was another champion to accept challenges and to keep the unit 200 points. I don't really want units over that if I can avoid it. The HoC Vampire's purpose is to spam IoN on the 25-man unit of Ghouls until the Grave Guard get into combat, at which point he will sit in the back and offer his WS 6 to the Grave Guard + Wight King. I'm not sure exactly how to run that GG unit, I was going to do 2 ranks of 5 with an extra in the 3rd rank with the Vamp; I have 11 because when I finished the list I just had a few extra points so I wanted to beef up my main combat unit some more. The Banner of Barrows should make that unit hit most enemies on 2+, as WS 6 can get 3+ on up to WS 5. The Corpse Cart is to help with IoN raising of Ghouls, which will be used to tie up enemies. The Black Knights can come in from the flanks. I wasn't sure if I should run them 5 or 6 wide though. This is my first attempt at a list, so please criticize away, your opinions/advice is welcome.

Total Points: 1497
Total PD: 6
Total DD: 4, no Dispel Scrolls

warriorpoet1
02-05-2010, 12:17
Im interested to why you didnt take any Skellies or Zombies. Im not saying anythings wrong with Ghouls, just ive noticed people go for large blocks of Skellies/Zombies opposed to Ghouls. Since your gonna put a Vamp and the BSB in the grave guard, maybe you could shave some points on something else, and add more GG. But it sounds like you have a good idea of what you wanna do with this list, so you may completely disregard what I said lol.

Phenatix
02-05-2010, 15:45
It seems like Zombies would be the best if I wanted to raise huge blocks, but I don't see what's so bad about Ghouls... T4, 2 attacks, poisoned...

Lord Dan
02-05-2010, 16:04
I don't see what's so bad about Ghouls... T4, 2 attacks, poisoned...

No command, no armor.

Phenatix
02-05-2010, 16:19
No command, no armor.

I actually was just thinking about that, if I'm supposed to win through CR, I think Skeletons would be the best, 4+ save in CC, champion (Ghouls -do- have that at least), musician, warbanner. Hmm... Assuming I outnumber, that would be... +6 correct?

Lord Dan
02-05-2010, 16:41
Correct. Ghouls make a fantastic support unit, but in an army that's all about CR skeletons are the way to go.

Phenatix
02-05-2010, 20:18
Ok so I've made some changes, and here they are:

Heroes:
Vampire @ 195 pts
-Lord of the Dead
-Dark Acolyte
-The Flayed Hauberk
-Tomb Blade

Vampire @ 190 pts
-Lord of the Dead
-Dark Acolyte
-The Cadaverous Cuirass
-Helm of Commandment

Wight King @ 235 pts
-Battle Standard Banner
-The Drakenhof Banner
-Great Weapon

Core:
Skeleton Warriors @ 197 pts
-Champion
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Warbanner

Skeleton Warriors @ 197 pts
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Warbanner

Corpse Cart @ 100 pts
-Unholy Lodestone

Special:
Grave Guard @ 243 pts
-13 x Grave Guard
-Seneschal
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Banner of the Barrows
-Great Weapons

Black Knights @ 140 pts
-5 x Black Knight
-Barded Skeletal Steeds

Total Points: 1497
Total PD: 6
Total DD: 4, no Dispel Scrolls

---

Ok, so now I gave the first Vampire the Tomb Blade to help increase the Skeleton unit's size against weaker enemies (I still don't want him fighting against anything tougher for as long as I can avoid it). He'll go with the 19-man unit of Skeletons; they take a champion again to protect the Vampire. The 20 man unit either takes the Warbanner (because it's a common magic item I can take more than 1 of it in the same army right?), unless that's not allowed, in which case I'll switch it for the Banner of Endless Nightmare. Corpse Cart supports IoN and offers ASF if it's able to get that off and survives that long. I took off 1 Black Knight to buy 2 more Grave Guard. Same magic ability.