PDA

View Full Version : beastmen ambush army 2k

bishamon_o
02-05-2010, 11:01
If some of the warseer veterans would like to look at my list and share they oppions would be great :)
Im thinking of replacing the minotaurs with something else, as they cost a lot of points, but i need something to take out heavely armoured and otherwise tougher foes that my regulare units cant take care of.
Suggestions are appreciated :)

characters:
khazrak, one eye 270

bray shaman 75
lvl 2 25
skin of man 15
shadow hide 5
total 120

bray shaman 75
lvl 2 25
dispell scroll 25
total 125

core
10 ungor raiders 60
halfhorn 6
total 66

10 ungor raiders 60
halfhorn 6
total 66

30 ungor 150
full command 15
total 165

30 ungor 150
full command 15
total 165

30 gor 210
shields 30
full command 25
total 265

30 gor 210
additional hand weapons 30
full command 25
total 265

6 chaos hounds 36

6 chaos hounds 36

6 chaos hounds 36

special

4 minotaurs 220
great weapons 32
total 318

6 harpies 66

grand total 1999

bishamon_o
02-05-2010, 11:06
now the idea is to use the ambushing units to take out anything ranged and cause havoc in the back lines as the rest of my army advances forward.

for fast moving units, i have my raiders who hopefully will be able to kill some as theyre usually lighty armoured aith a low toughness. and ofc the spells from my shamen.

i also included a "sneaky" trick in the form of the scouting shaman.
i will hope to scout him into a corner and use bestial surge to get a first turn charge in on the ranged elements in my opponents army.

the minotaurs are there to take care of anything heavely armoured ( like knights).

bishamon_o
03-05-2010, 21:44
no comments after 35 views? then at least tell me it looks fine, and you have no comments :)

~PrometheuS~
04-05-2010, 13:27
no comments after 35 views? then at least tell me it looks fine, and you have no comments :)

Bad comes to mind if you ask me..... no offense intended

In the entire list you have 1 unit that has any sort of decent strenght, minos, wont take long for them to be targetted killed, leaving you with nothing to take on heavy armoured/ high toughness units

Gors and ungor units WAY TO BIG, points put into units that have no staying power, easy to break, and destroy..... 20 strong is all thats needed, oh and units of ungors kinda fail, raiders are much much better, so i would suggest getting more ;)

Khazek isnt worth his points, better to make your own beastlord or minolord, easily able to make a charater with far more hitting power/surviability

randomkrazy
04-05-2010, 14:06
yeah this list seems really basic and straight forward. it wont take long for opponents to see through it. unless u get some really good ambushing in, it will really be tough to win. especially with the army I run (mounted chaos) its armored and fast. by the time u come in behind me ill be engaging ur unarmored units, and probably hitting ur minos with knights.

also it has low leadership, panic has potential to cause lots of problems here.

Chaos Undecided
04-05-2010, 14:46
Low leadership is just something you have to learn to live with as Beastmen, although the bubble around your general is generally fine whilst he survives.

I do agree the list is lacking in teeth though, needs some more hard hiting units you could get away with trimming the size of some of those core units especially the ones you intend to hold in ambush.

bishamon_o
04-05-2010, 19:17
so which heavy hitters do you suggest then?
cause the beastmen army list is kinda lacking in armor cracking units imo.
maybe a giant? cause otherwise i dont really see any unit that is qualified to take down something along the lines of chaos knights.

bishamon_o
04-05-2010, 19:20
Khazek isnt worth his points, better to make your own beastlord or minolord, easily able to make a charater with far more hitting power/surviability

though they have more hitting power, i take khazrak pretty much solely for the re-roll ambush dice ability ( i have notoriously bad luck when it comes to dicerolls)

Chaos Undecided
04-05-2010, 20:33
Other than more great weapon wielding Minos against Heavy Cavalry you could try.

Doombull with the Stonecrusher mace or Taurox (not really an option if your set on Khazrak).
Cygor or Moonclaw - stonethrowers (little inaccurate but hey)
Slugtongue - requires a bit of luck on the curse role but can really hurt small units.

or could try a potentially nasty trick of sticking a wargor bsb with the rust banner in a razorgor chariot with the charge those Knights will now have a 5+ save at best (unfortunately the chariot wont have a save at all versus Chaos Knights :p ).

~PrometheuS~
04-05-2010, 22:31
Other than more great weapon wielding Minos against Heavy Cavalry you could try.

Doombull with the Stonecrusher mace or Taurox (not really an option if your set on Khazrak).
Cygor or Moonclaw - stonethrowers (little inaccurate but hey)
Slugtongue - requires a bit of luck on the curse role but can really hurt small units.

or could try a potentially nasty trick of sticking a wargor bsb with the rust banner in a razorgor chariot with the charge those Knights will now have a 5+ save at best (unfortunately the chariot wont have a save at all versus Chaos Knights :p ).

Slaugtounge is a potential game winner, before i dice is rolled, d3 wounds to d6 wounds, imagine getting that on chaos knights :)

More small units ambushers as in raiders will make up for the randamness and bad luck you said you have, khazrak is needed

Charoits can hit hard, impact hits are very good against ASF enemies, more minos, razergors, lots of options ^^