PDA

View Full Version : Empire 1500 points

Zestyfork
02-05-2010, 11:23
Hey everyone.

My local gaming club is having a 1500 point tournament to celebrate the end of 7th edition. I have made up this list for the empire, its pretty much a shooting line (yeah I know, everyone hates them)

Captain of the empire - 50
full plate Armour - 8
shield - 2
war horse - 10
barding - 4
lance - 4
Dragon bow - 25
sigil of sigmar - 15

Total: 118

Battle Wizard - 65
level 2 - 35
horse - 10
Grey wand - 40

Total: 150

Battle Wizard - 65
Level 2 - 35
Ring of Volans - 20
Luck Stone - 25

Total: 145

5 knightly orders - 115
Lance and shield option - free
Full command - 40
Knights of the inner circle - 15
Banner of the daemon slayer - 50

Total: 220

10 Hand gunners - 80
Marksman - 5
Hochland long rifle - 20

Total: 105

10 Hand gunners - 80
Marksman - 5
Hochland long rifle - 20

10 Hand gunners - 80
Marksman - 5
Hochland long rifle - 20

10 Hand gunners - 80
Marksman - 5
Hochland long rifle - 20

10 Hand gunners - 80
Marksman - 5
Hochland long rifle - 20

10 Hand gunners - 80
Marksman - 5
Hochland long rifle - 20

5 Outriders - 105
Champion - 16

Total: 121

Great Cannon: 100

Total: 1484

The large amount of Hochland rifles will try to snipe Characters, champions and other such units. The knights will wait in the line and counter any units that do catch up. There is still 16 available points leftover that I'm not sure how to use.

Hear are some options I was thinking of however.....

1: replace cannon with Hellstorm rocket battery

2: replace cannon with Hellblaster volley gun. give a wizard a biting blade.

During this tournament I am able to make small changes to my list between games and I will most likely be going up against all armies except for Daemons of chaos, Worriors of chaos or Ogres.

Anyway feel free to change it around a bit, post comments (both negative and positive) or come up with another way to use that last 16 points.

sboy3000
02-05-2010, 12:09
what happen if some one manges to get to ur line and beat up the kights ur done for a berttion army (soz for bad spelling) could get ther and make mince meat of u. also u need 2 or no cannons cos if one blows up then big flyin thing will eat ur army

FORtheGREATERgood
02-05-2010, 14:00
First of all, I would give one of your wizards the rod of power. It's better than the grey wand offensively and really gives you some defensive magic potential. Personally, I try to keep my heroes a little cheaper, that way all my units cost around the same points and I can add more to the rest of my army. (For example one of my wizards will be a level 2 with the rod of power and the other will be a level one or two with a scroll and ring of volans)

The 5x Inner Circle Knights with Full Command and the Banner is just giving your opponent free points. At the very least I would drop the 50 point banner from this unit.

All those handgunners are going to screw with your deployment. Although I see you want to use the HLR, I would mix in units of crossbows for the extra range. That way you get some decent first turn shooting instead of one shot from every group. Also, I would make some of the shooting units detachments (for shooting parent units) so that they do not cause panic.
SIDE NOTE: Your Outrider Champion has the best BS so I usually give him a HLR since he will be hitting better than the handgunners.

I would not replace the cannon with anything. I would either drop some points to get another cannon, or drop points for a helblaster volley gun (though it is a pretty risky machine, it can utterly annihilate an enemy unit). Then again, with this list, any close combat oriented army that gets in close combat with you will probably wreck one unit and panic all the others off the board. A single flanking unit of knights isn't always going to save you.

Shiodome
02-05-2010, 14:40
if you know everyone hates this kind of list then why? what on earth is the point in gaming if you deliberatley set out to make it unenjoyable. also, your list is terrible and will panic off the table to the laughter of many opponents. God help you if you come across wood elves :D

Zestyfork
02-05-2010, 23:27
@ Shiodome: Because if used right, they can be very effective. besides there will be will be other armies there that people wont hate, but will not like going up against them. (such as dwarf gunlines and vampire count zombie swarms)

Everyone else, thanks for the comments so far, I plan to change it around a bit and will post it back here when complete.

Arkfatalis
03-05-2010, 14:07
This might be more effective next edition if the rumours are true about shooting, but as the game currently stands this army wont last long.