PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Martial Prowess

Taedae
02-05-2010, 16:10
I got confussed on the wording of this rule for the spearmen and Sea Guard.

SO when i charge, i get to attack in 2 ranks? During other times, I get 3 ranks?

Nyyman
02-05-2010, 16:26
Just like you said.
On the turn you charge, you attack on "only" two ranks and other times on 3 ranks.

Taedae
02-05-2010, 17:05
thanks for the help.

vinush
06-05-2010, 19:55
Ok, quick question in line with this...

I played the other week with my HE army and this came up: My spearmen unit moved in my turn and were charged in my opponent's turn (I got first turn of the game, so it was the same number turn for each of us).

My opponent argued that because I'd moved with the spearmen, I got to only attack with 2 ranks when he charged me. I said that because of the wording of the rules on spears I got 3 ranks attacking. This resulted in a RAW vs RAI argument, and someone stepping in to give a judgement on the rules (and I got 3 ranks attacking).

I know I was right in the argument, but want someone else to confirm (or alternatively prove him right about it) so I have proof one way or the other.

TYIA

THE \/ince

ColShaw
06-05-2010, 20:09
Spears get the extra rank in every turn in which they did not charge. Your spears didn't charge in the first turn of the combat, therefore you get 3 ranks fighting in that turn (and subsequent ones).

T10
06-05-2010, 20:10
Reading the rules for Fight In Ranks should be sufficient:

"In order to employ all of its additional ranks as described, a unit must not have moved that turn."

-T10

vinush
06-05-2010, 20:25
Cheers guys. Really wanted to prove I'm right, and I am...

THE \/ince

Nurgling Chieftain
06-05-2010, 20:25
"Turn" means player turn unless otherwise specified. Thus, the fact that they moved in your previous turn does not mean that they moved in the current, subsequent turn.