PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 7th Ed book - Now or Later?

Red Metal
02-05-2010, 16:11
So, I've never gotten around to picking up the hardcover 7th Edition book; I've always just run on the BfSP smaller book. I'd like to pick it up eventually, because I really liked the design and layout of the 6th Ed book and the two seem similiar.

My question is, with 8th Edition right around the corner, should I pick up the 7th Ed book now out of concern that it may go up in price after 8th hits or do I wait till after 8th Ed hits and then hope for a cheap BIN on Ebay or something for the 7th Ed book?

Thanks for your help, Warseer.

bigcheese76
02-05-2010, 16:17
Once 8th edition hits there are likely to be alot of people trying to get rid of their 7th ed rulesbooks so they will be pretty cheap. You are probably best to wait until 8th rather than buy now if you really want one.

R-Love
03-05-2010, 01:54
I have to agree, wait for 8th. You can probably get it cheaper, and it's not necessary if you have the skull pass book. There is some interesting stuff in the book, but not really anything massively unique. It is a nice read if you can get a hold of it, but without even bonus rules (skirmish, seige, etc) to play around with, not really worth full price. If you find it sold at a good deal however, you can always pick it up then (eBay's usually a good bet, and most stores will discount it shortly before or immediately after 8th comes out.)

Balerion
03-05-2010, 03:39
I'd agree with the two guys above. Take the slight gamble, and wait for a cheap copy. There will be lots of opportunities, especially if you're determined to locate one. Local stores selling at a clearance discount, ebay stores selling discounted new copies, and lots of people hawking used copies at a huge bargain rate.

Red Metal
03-05-2010, 05:24
Yea, you guys are probably right. In checking Ebay, there still seems to be alot of people with copies of 7th Ed in stock and they'll have to try and get rid of them eventually.

With such a small amount of time between releases (I mean, 7th Ed came out just four years ago), I think 7th Ed may be easy to get for awhile.

Thank you.

TheMaster
03-05-2010, 05:44
It should be pretty easy for you to find a copy since Ebay will be full of them sooner or later and only collecters like you would want to buy it.

Gorbad Ironclaw
03-05-2010, 11:04
With such a small amount of time between releases (I mean, 7th Ed came out just four years ago), I think 7th Ed may be easy to get for awhile.

It's generally not very hard to find past editions at all, and they don't sell for very much. For instance a quick look on eBay turned up a 5th edition box with rules, cardboard buildings and even the models (at least some of them) currently going for less than 3. You might not find what you are looking for instantly, and the older the material the harder it is to find but 7th should be both easy and cheap to find later on.

Ozorik
03-05-2010, 11:19
There is even a complete 4th ed box for under 10, there are also a lot of 2 6th ed boxes with a current bid of 0.99.

Its not that hard, or expensive, to pick up old editions for common games.