PDA

View Full Version : Doomwheel/Verminlord

WillFightForFood
18-02-2006, 20:33
blank edit

Flame
18-02-2006, 20:57
They are not 'legal' enough to appear in tournaments.

Ergo, they are rarely used.

Flame
18-02-2006, 21:17
Just that fact! WD rules are no longer 'official'

spikedog
20-02-2006, 12:55
I personally think that the Doomwheel is not very Skaven-y. I mean for a race that lives in small, narrow tunnels underground I don't see them using a large fast moving wheeled chariot in such conditions. I think this is also the reason they left it out of the latest book.

As for the Horned rat, its a model/character that dates back to the days of hero-hammer where every race had a deamon like character with a monster like stat line. Such deamons are rarely seen on the battlefield and I think the last time the Skaven seers summoned such a beast it was during the Skaven civil wars and ended up killing half of the seer lords.

These are just the reasons I don't use these things and also I think why a fair amount of people don't either.

However they are both great models and have great rules that make them very useful in games.

75hastings69
20-02-2006, 13:03
I have one of the Vermin Lord minis, but have never used it in a game, I just love the mini (would be sweet if Forgeworld made a new one though!! with rules!!). As to the exercise wheel ....... oops, i mean doomwheel, the whole funny ironic war machine never really did it for me and as above I just don't think it ties in with what skaven are all about. I would really like to see new plastic clanrats as the current "bigfoot" models aren't that great!

@ Spikedog, when will we get another update on your skaven army?