PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Dwarfs 1000 points

RagingHobo
03-05-2010, 12:27
I have not played my dwarfs since the end of the last edition, so I'm not sure how much things have changed. I've been getting back into my guard recently and to have a break from cheesing it up mech style, I thought I would dust of my old battered crudely painted first army and try my hand at a themed list. Even though its been four years, there are still some unsettled grudges to take care of.

Thane
Rune of stone
Great weapon
Master rune of challenge 94

20 Dwarf warriors
Standard
Musician
Veteran
Sheilds
Great weapons 245

19 Dwarf Warriors
Standard
Musician
Veteran
Sheilds 196

10 Crossbowmen
Sheilds
Great weapons
Veteran 140

10 Miners
Prospector 120

Stone thrower 80

Bolt thrower 70
Rune of penetrating

Bolt thrower 45

With 10 points remaining, I'm tossing up weather to swap the str 7 Bolt thrower for another stone thrower.

Brews are on me lads!

Laxnumba7
04-05-2010, 05:31
Well, First off, I am not a fan of the Grudge Thrower. However, that's just a personal opinion. I would probably drop the great weapons off the 20 warrior unit, drop the master rune of challenge, and drop the great weapon off the Thane. Pick up runic weapon on the thane (my favorite is +1 Strength, and Maser rune of flight, who expects a stand and shoot reaction from dwarf warriors!).

After that, if I wanted to go all out, I would take out the 10 miners (I have bad experiences with them, so I took them out of the fight to teach them a lesson), and probably field A cannon with rune of forging, and if I had points left over, maybe a master engineer with no upgrades to attach to the bolt thrower for the +2 to hit. if you don't have points for the Master Engineer, I would drop the 15 points for the regular engineer(+1 to hit for 15 points? hell yes!)

RagingHobo
05-05-2010, 09:09
I've had second thoughts about a traditional list, I just couldn't help bringing out the old gyrocopter. I took your advice on the great weapons, Cannon and Miners(I think they would be more effective in a higher points bracket) I've always been a fan of getting as many dwarfs on the table as possible so I've stopped short of a runic weapon.

Here's the revised list.

Thane
Great weapon
Master rune of challenge 89

20 Dwarf warriors
Standard
Musician
Veteran
Sheilds 205

19 Dwarf Warriors
Standard
Musician
Veteran
Sheilds 196

10 Crossbowmen
Sheilds
Great weapons 130

Cannon
Rune of forging 125

Bolt thrower 70
Rune of penetrating

Bolt thrower 45

Chopper 140

danny-d-b
05-05-2010, 09:18
I've had second thoughts about a traditional list, I just couldn't help bringing out the old gyrocopter. I took your advice on the great weapons, Cannon and Miners(I think they would be more effective in a higher points bracket) I've always been a fan of getting as many dwarfs on the table as possible so I've stopped short of a runic weapon.

Here's the revised list.

Thane
Great weapon
Master rune of challenge 89
having him suviving is better than challening- so I'd take the master rune of gromil instead of chalenge
20 Dwarf warriors
Standard
Musician
Veteran
Sheilds 205
o.k. at this points level, though having an extra body or 2 is always helpfull
19 Dwarf Warriors
Standard
Musician
Veteran
Sheilds 196
same as above
10 Crossbowmen
Sheilds
Great weapons 130
Drop the GWs, the only units ever with GWs are miners and hammers, nothing else
Cannon
Rune of forging 125
Good, though in a I wouldn't call it traditional then stick a cannon in there! and you prob have enough firepower with the BT anyway
Bolt thrower 70
Rune of penetrating

Bolt thrower 45
THey need engneers- the extra BS is VERY important

Chopper 140
not rearly treditional but o.k. if your wanting a rare try the goblin hewer? more traditional in some ways (no blackpowder!)

all comments in list, If I were you I'd drop the cannon, and add a few bodies to the warrior units, add engneers and then swop the chopper for the hewer

Laxnumba7
06-05-2010, 05:07
The second list is very good, however, at low points cost, the Organ gun shines through a lot better. Drop the Gyro, get an organ gun, and spend the extra 20 points doing Engineer on Bolt Thrower #1. Drop the second Bolt Thrower, and use those points to add 1 more warriors to the unit of 19, then probably drop a few different runes on the Thane since he is your general, and you want him to survive.